Homestead and duda mobile you jacked up my webpage on my phone

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

You jacked up my website on the phone! when i built this site using intuit my phone page was just fine. A client of mine showed me today what a looked liked to google my site on her phone! It looks nothing like it used to nor my website on the computer! WTF!!!!!!!!
Photo of Karen9819

Karen9819

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pisssed!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,796 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's the way it works. It's a mobile site, not a website. Establishing a mobile site will provide more Google referrals.
Photo of Karen9819

Karen9819

No I established a website that if you google you will find it and now duda mobile created a road block so you have to establish an ap to go through your website first! With Intuit I had a site that came up properly untill it was interrupted!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

This is the message I got: 4.1.15: In an unprecedented announcement, Google provided details regarding a significant change to their ranking algorithm which will occur on April 21st. In three weeks, the mobile friendliness of a website will become a major factor in search rankings--especially for searches originating on mobile devices. This change by Google is to ensure a quality experience for their users since about 1/3rd of searches are now performed on a mobile device.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We have a link to an article about the Google requirements for mobile sites and the necessity for it.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/mobilegeddon

Homestead site by default are not mobile optimized. Your desktop site might look great on the PC and okay on some devices but may not work for all. To keep your mobile ranking with Google, your site has to be mobile optimized, and Dudamobile is our solution for this.

If you ever question weither your site qualifies for mobile friendly, you can use Google's tool to check this. 

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
Photo of Bryon7394

Bryon7394

• 912 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is Homestead going to offer a reponsive template in the future. Dudamobile is an option, but it is literally building out two websites, because every thing gets moved around when Dudamobile converts a page to a mobile friendly version.In addition you have to add title,description, and keywords for every page that is converted.
Photo of William S

William S

At the time we are not working on implementing a responsive design, but this could be added in the future.
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,900 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It needs to be added in the very near future!
Photo of Bryon7394

Bryon7394

Based on homestead's track record. Never happen.
Photo of Bryon7394

Bryon7394

Here is the problem. Dudamobile has to take your information and reformat for mobile, and everything gets moved around. You can edit your website at Dudamobile but it takes awhile. If your site is small you can do this in a day. Large sites, sorry, it is like rebuilding a new site for mobile.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Yes it is work. Homestead does not own Duda. Homestead does not have a mobile platform so they have partnered with Duda to provide Homestead members with a Mobile option that will satisfy Google's requirements. It's what they have now. There are others available and you can choose to exercise an option.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#label/Homestead%2Fmobile/14d9fd5ca86c3ec7
Photo of Martin

Martin

I find it very odd that you 100% back up anything Homestead does. You are the only "member" on here that does that, what are your motives, are you a shill?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Thank you for asking. You are welcome to visit my baby, www.napasewandvac.com. It is important for a company to understand the needs and wants of it's customer base. We have had major problems in the last year and many struggles to operate our sites during Homesteads transition. I have offered suggestions as well. Like any big company, it takes time to turn the ship. I find using the tools I have is more useful that bitching about the one's I don't have. If I'm eager for solutions not immediately at hand, I study options. If I need help implementing a satisfactory solution and should I not be able to bring my skills up to speed to implement the solution myself, I seek professional help. I am a self employed retail business owner honing my web skills daily. I find running my own site is convenient but not without overcoming the many challenges to learn these new skills. Keep the faith.
Photo of Martin

Martin

Fair enough, the problem most of us have is the service has went downhill since 2006. How long have you been a customer?

Thanks

MDB

Guthrie, OK USA

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I started this Homestead project 8/4/10. It took awhile to grasp the editing fundamentals. I had no experience with website development. I used the desktop version for a long time. I switched to SB+ and had redesigned the whole site. If I knew then what I know now, I probably would have chosen a new Master Template to rebuild on. Homestead is now one of several sites owned by the new company who had acquired it from Intuit. Small companies are more nimble and quite possibly would be more responsive. The sellers are always trying to get their payoff. Hopefully, the new ownership will consolidate features of different developers. When there's mergers, there's often benefits of scale. The narrow format looks good on the cell phone but Google has added new criteria requiring a mobile platform to produce search results. I published the Google announcement a year ago on Homestead's community to get feedback and advise. Drew confirmed and I signed up for the free Duda service so I'd be able to get mobile hits. It's working. My Duda numbers are up. The conversations have developed since.  
Photo of Martin

Martin

Very good and thanks, things are not so rosy when you start from scratch in 2006 and with every time Homestead gets sold, things get worse.  

Your site looks good on a desktop, I am "fixin" as we say down here to look at it on my phone....stand by.

Photo of Martin

Martin

Shows up as "website not available" on my phone, try again....

Works on my desktop, you should be able to see a hit from COX Guthrie OK?

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I don't have a smart mobile phone. I'll need to buy one so I can get hip with the device's applications.
Photo of Martin

Martin

So I am totally confused now? How do you know what your site looks like on a phone???
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I'm don't. I view the layout on Duda. So far, that's it. I'll need to get with a friend that has a phone. It's one of the many hats I'm wearing.
Photo of William S

William S

You can also check out http://mobilephoneemulator.com/ to simulate different phones etc..
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Thanks Will. That works great!
Photo of Martin

Martin

This whole conversation is beyond belief? You crow about "Duda" and don't even know what it looks like?

Guess I am having one of those Twilight Zone moments?

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Getting to know you...
Photo of Martin

Martin

You are a rotten pure hell troll?

My phone number is 405.293.6325!

I have an office at 4514 S  Division in Guthrie, Oklahoma.

My name is Martin Blaney.

Thanks!

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

What exactly are you referring to?
Photo of Martin

Martin

I am referring to you troll!

Been there and done it all!

You are a shill!

Your site sucks! You have not a clue what it looks likes on a phone?

Martin Blaney

Snail mail?

4514 S Division, Guthrie OK 73044

(Edited)
Photo of Martin

Martin

I see you deleted most of your post?

CS to the max?

Martin Blaney

(Edited)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You don't know me. Good luck with that attitude. 
Photo of Karen9819

Karen9819

So you divert your customers to this community site that you have to sign up for. Way to go Homestead thats 0 customer support! No warning just jacking us around! Way to manipulate the system just like google! Its not HOW IT WORKS cause it doesnt work! Thanks for nothing!!!!!
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

I'm not sure what you are referring to as we are being straightforward with our information in regards to mobile site. We have a number of ways to get support with Homestead, and whether it be by phone, chat, or even here in the community, we would inform you of the same information about DudaMobile being our mobile solution.

We can get rid of the mobile version of your site with DudaMobile if you would like, but we highly advise against it as it could affect the mobile rankings. There are 3rd party mobile website companies out there that provide the same service as DudaMobile if you want to look elsewhere. We can't comment on the compatibility on the other mobile providers out there as we have not tested this. You can find them online, and here is an example list of some. http://mobile-website-builder-review.toptenreviews.com/

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.