Hmail issues with POP/IMAP (Outlook)

• Announcement
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

For customers having time out issues connecting to Hmail in mail clients like Outlook, we have seen some success creating email boxes as an IMAP with SSL enabled. For this to work properly, you will need to make sure that you are using

Incoming mail server: mail.homesteadmail.com Port: 993
Outgoing mail server: smtp.homesteadmail.com Port: 587

All other settings will remain the same. We are continuing to investigate the issue and will update as new information becomes available.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of franklin4840

franklin4840

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The email started downloading and I still have the same settings as when I had no email working. However Iam still not able to send email. I keep getting the same error notice;
"The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'helping friend', Account: 'frank owens', Server: 'smtp.woodmiser.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

I live through my email and have certain acounts set up for certain groups to respond to so it is easier to sort through.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Incoming/ no outgoing emails- snail mail seems better.
Photo of Corinne5321

Corinne5321

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am still having problems anyone else? i have to change to one setting to get incoming then change to other settings get them to go out.

This system is so frustrating
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Corinne,

If you are having to change your settings back and forth then something is not configured correctly. Double check your settings according to this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Let us know what error messages or results you are seeing so we can further troubleshoot.

If you still have issues, you might contact the live chat. When you are logged into your account, click the help button at the top of the screen and you'll see an option to chat live.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Hank Tokarz

Hank Tokarz

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This issue just started happening again this week for me. Had a good run of several weeks with no issues. This is the 2nd or 3rd time since January 2013 this has occurred.

I have a POP3 setup. Outlook 2013. Windows 8. Incoming settings mail.mycompanyname.com. Outgoing settings smtp.mycompanyname.com. I can send e-mail but can not receive. I get the indictor at the bottom of the page receiving message 1 of....& it just stalls there & no further progression. No error message of any sort. I have not made any changes to my account at all. I have restarted my computer several times. In the past I have deleted my account in Outlook & have recreated. That works good. For a while & then the same issue occurs. Or in some cases deleting the Outlook profile doesn't work. I have to go to web mail in order to retrieve my messages which I don't like.

Why does this keep happening?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Hank,

Sorry for the delay -

I'm not entirely sure what would cause it to stop working. I've responded to your other post, please take a look and let me know if updating your password helps or not.

Thank you,
Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.