Hit Counter

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

On Website Builder, I do not see a hit counter - how do I add one to my pages?
Photo of Barrie1596

Barrie1596

• 1,314 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Richard1228

Richard1228

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same question.  I'd prefer to NOT use custom HTML code.  
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,842 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Hit counters have fallen out of popularity in recent years, so the newer builder doesn't include it in the available elements. It is recommended not to use a hit counter, but if you choose to do so, it would need to be done via HTML.
Photo of Barrie1596

Barrie1596

I do not agree, and I regret you have removed the hit counter. I like to show one on my pages , and also the "last updated on....." that was available on the Sitebuilder.
This shows viewers that the page is not obsolete and is actually current and is being actively accessed.  I feel both options should be added to Website Builder.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 20,960 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Barrie,

I can provide some feedback but in WebsiteBuilder the only option for a hit counter would be via HTML. There unfortunately are no elements that update the time and date automatically. For the last updated feature you can use a text box and manually update it when you make changes to your site. 
Photo of Barrie1596

Barrie1596

Michelle, I still feel this is a bad omission. Also I can not find a drop down date element when designing a form, is there one available? 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 20,960 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I apologize, there are no drop down options in WebsiteBuilder forms. You can create a custom for with jotform and add that HTML code to the site to allow the drop down function. 
Photo of Barrie1596

Barrie1596

There is something wrong here - I could do almost any programming within SiteBuilder, but the supposed upgrade ??? to Website Builder leaves out at least two key features that I consider important. Why should I have to go outside to separate websites for features that surely should be part of a comprehensive Website Builder?
I see this is as a downgrade, not an upgrade. I am very disappointed. 
Photo of Maria G

Maria G, Employee

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I do understand that you feel that way. I will provide your feedback to our team as a recommendation of a feature to be added. The more a feature is requested, the more likely it is that they will implement it. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that these features will be added, so there is no ETA I could give you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.