Hide head tag on home page.

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

The head tag in my advanced settings is visible on the home page of my site. I've tried to find ways to hide it, but no success. Any suggestions? The site is www.buildingintegrityonline.com.
Photo of Laura2908

Laura2908

• 70 Points
  • concerned

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Laura2908,

Welcome to the Community!

When looking at your head tag information, I don't think you need any of that html code? The page title doesn't need to be in there as that goes under the Page Settings tab --> Page Name & Description. Then I see the body content. Is that supposed to be the meta description or actual text on your website?

Sorry for the confusion, but please let me know if I misinterpreted your question. Anything you put in the <body tag will show up as text on your site.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hopefully you have figured this out Laura, but for future reference for others, the Header tags are composed of two different snippets of code. The code that tells the browser what it is and how to display it and the code that contains the actual text for the tag.

Your website is composed of two different main parts. The and the . As Chris said anything placed in a body tag will show up on the actual page. Items placed in the head tag will be code that viewers can't see, but the browsers can read.

There is more info on header tags at: http://www.homesteadconnection.com/Tu... These are instructions for the desktop version, but the same steps are required in Plus.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.