Hi Drew, I have to get into 2 websites to make updates

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have over 100 sites in an account.  Some open up in sitebuilder plus and some don't.  Any way I can have help in downloading 2 that need updates.  Managing 100's of websites these past few weeks have been challenging in attempting to make updates for customers.  These 2 that need updating just won't open.  One would not open after 8 hours of waiting while the blue circles kept going across the screen.
Photo of Cary7388

Cary7388

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What are the 2 sites? Usually there isn't anything I can do, but in some cases, customers have been able to create a new account, and copy the site(s) to the new account to see if it can be launched on a smaller account. It isn't a guarantee and it does take time for use to do, and may require some significant work on your end as well, as sometimes the navigation menu becomes corrupt and needs to be manually recreated.

Drew
Photo of Cary7388

Cary7388

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The sites have domains pointing from the outside and would take to long to do this.  I have 6 accounts with homestead and have literally spent 1000's and 1000's of hours building client websites with Sitebuilder.  Since it's been down for 3+ weeks I've went in and used Sitebuilder Plus but since most of my accounts have 100+ sites it's a hit and miss with whether or not a site will open.  For over 6 years I've taken care of customer updates quickly and now am in a rock and a hard place with updates piling up from customers.  I will be overjoyed when this is over, especially with the short outages that have occurred (customers calling me on this.)

Homestead has been great for the past years and still think they have the best sitebuilder out there.  I've been reading the post and have to say that you have handled the masses in such a professional manner.  As the messenger I and many others commend you for doing an outstanding job in answering everyone who is also going through this waiting period of simply wanting to get in and do quick website updates.  Thanks Drew.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thank you Cary7388,

I appreciate it. I can honestly say, I will be happy when it's over and resolved as well.I don't like to see your business disrupted like this, but I really do believe that despite the relatively short term problem, these upgrades will allow us to press ahead to bigger and better things in the future. I truly hope we are near the end.

Drew
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I think everything on my end is back to normal, getting client requests again today and I went in and made a few changes in the past couple of days from two different computers.  I don't think I will be putting in the questionnaire and submit button again, though, email works fine and if the client forgets to put their name or email address I can just email them back.
As for Cary, I would copy the web sites in question, if not, it means starting again from scratch and nobody wants to do THAT!   We know our way around our own web sites and it wouldn't take that long to do, the main thing is to get cracking making the changes for the clients.  GOOD WORK everybody! (;>
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear it!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.