Help with storefront template

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would please look at my website www.joeyswarehouse.com and let me know what is wrong with it. I had an SEO person call me today and talk awful to me saying that it was one of the worst sites on the web and I will never get any customers due to the wrong keywords on opening page, and very bad pictures. They told me that I needed an Ecommerce site and that they could set me up in one and Guarantee me first page listing on Google, Yahoo, Bing and others for around $3000.00. I told them I was not paying that much so forget it an they told me that he could do it right now for me for around $800.00 using Intuit Storefront format. She told me that my template was horrible and was to wide on the screen and things like this. She really put the site down. Please I need help, can someone recommend a good template for my store? The address is www.joeyswarehouse.com. I also have a store design I use to show customers the process of making our hand made signs. If you could check that out it would be great www.wvwoodworks.com. Also is there anyway to merge my joeyswarehouse.com site and my wvwoodworks.com site... The Reason I ask is that I am thinking about merging my storefront and my site builder, if there is a way. also, my email is homeoffice@joeyswarehouse.com should you need to reach me. I would appreciate anyone's opinion on the site either Good or Bad. As a matter of fact if you see this post send me a thumbs up or thumbs down, that would be great......thanks again e1
Photo of Joseph6043

Joseph6043

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Juanita8345

Juanita8345

• 70 Points
I went to your site. It looks fine. Nice colors. My only comments to improve it would be to limit the signs and make the ones you feature bigger, it's hard to see the craftsmanship that went into making them, and remove the watercolor blocks at the bottom or make them smaller. They interfere with the text on your Home page at the bottom. Your links to shop are also over the bottom of the text so you can't read it, move those down a bit.
Photo of Mindy

Mindy

• 872 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello Joseph6043,

The template you have right now is a bit older in terms of design. That having been said the nice thing about Storefronts is that you can change your theme (aka template) without losing all of your products (the changes to the template however, like your home and logo linking back to your website will need to be redone).

Also try not to feel to dishearten based on a call you got from someone trying to hard sell you something. I have been selling online for almost 5 years using Storefront and I can assure you that a good chunk of these sales people never even bother to look at your store (this has happened to me more times than I can count and I have a custom designed store with tons of custom coding). There is always room for improvement but never let someone like that get the best of you.

I personally find that the contemporary templates have a clean modern look and with a logo that matches the color scheme works well for most industries. I would look at a blue template and see how that works for you.

The other suggestion I have would be to look at the way you format your product descriptions. Adding line breaks and finding a format for the dimensions that is clean and easy to read would help. Also for the purpose of SEO, make sure that you are talking about the words you want to be found for in your product name and descriptions (this can be a bit of an undertaking but well worth it).

You can use these guides as reference points on ways to customize your design using what is built into Storefront and also ways to customize your products.

Storefront Design Settings
Storefront Product Guide

I hope those help. ^_^

Sincerely,
Mindy G
Owner, World of Dice
www.WorldofDice.com

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.