Help! Our site orders plummeted to 0

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Our hits had been dropping marginally since January. site is www.havescripts.com. Suddenly, after a flurry of orders, we stopped getting any orders at all about 2 weeks ago, although we are still getting hits. Any ideas? I feel I've dropped out of the search engine view.

Jean
Photo of Blue Moon Plays

Blue Moon Plays

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • going nuts!

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I pulled up some traffic reports on your site, and it does seem that the traffic is about 1/2 compared to where it was about 18 months ago. This could be due to changes that the search engines may have made in their algorithms or changes made to your site, or a combination of things.

However, there is still a substantial amount of traffic coming to the site. If you are not getting any orders at all, then go through your checkout process and make sure something isn't broken with your payment provider.

If the checkout process works then focus on streamlining your site. Try to make process of finding products easier and the checkout flow simpler.

You might consider switching to an eCommerce plan to make these changes easier.

If you need guidance or advice let us know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.