Help with site builder -page width?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Hello everyone!  I'm a little stuck...  When in my site builder I made a black rectangle that stretches all the way left to all the way right, but once I publish it, the real site has white space on both sides....  I can't figure it out...  I tried playing around with a different page width, but that didn't help...  Not sure why its doing that?

(ACTUAL WEBPAGE)

(IN SITEBUILDER)
Photo of Wil2545

Wil2545

• 1,246 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,354 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you change the page width, you'll need to change the image/text width as well.
Photo of Wil2545

Wil2545

hey!  I tried doing that...but the page is still messed....theres still the white spaces on the left and right sides
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Hi Will 2545: If you want the black image to be wider, you'll need to change the page width. Select Page Settings > Page Width (use 1300) > Save > Select the black feature > Text Settings > Position and Size > Left "0" > Right "1300" > Save: The Black image should now start a the left edge of the page and the right side at 1300 or full width of your page width setting.

If that doesn't work for you, try changing the background color to black. 
Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
What mieleman was suggesting will never work, since every monitor have diff. resolution.

Wil, what you trying to achieve is easy, but need some workaround. You must create a background PNG image, then insert in Sitebuilder+ (well, you can download it from here: http://background-test.homestead.com/)

This way you will get the visual result of full width of the black stripe(s) - regardless the width of the monitor resolution is used.

The only thing is, you must create and insert every page's background image individually, since each PNG image is having fixed height.

I have created a demonstration for you: https://youtu.be/9GGaR8BiiEE (non listed video)

Note that, the footer stripe will be visible only when you place content onto that area (some text).
Also you need to center the contents via adding an extra side to side element to the page.
I suggest to set page width at 1000 px.

Any question, just ask ;)
Photo of Wil2545

Wil2545

Wow!  Many thanks Master Jedi Sir :D
Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

Welcome, just let me know if you need help in the process.
Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

Congrats, You did it :)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You can create this image using a text box with a black background.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.