Help. Designed new website with websitebuilder, changed site association to it and published it and website is not loading.

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved.

I'm updating my website to websitebuilder. I built the website, changed site association to point to the new website, then published website. I get an under construction page when I try to navigate to my website. tried publishing over and over. I renamed website to try fixing the website builder 404 error.  Didn't work. It's been over 24 hours so waiting longer isn't going to work. I'm out of ideas.  Please help.   www.jsbarricades.com
Photo of john0278

john0278

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,210 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Did you change the nameservers on your domain (and make sure it was "unlocked?"  if so, give HS a call in the morning and they can probably tell you what part is not connecting properly.  1-800-710-1998
Photo of john0278

john0278

I didn't unlock the domain.  I just unlocked it and published it again.  I did change nameservers to cloudfare to get a secure site. I guess my next step is getting the nameservers reset to homestead and then go through the process of making it secure again.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

Ah-I suspect there is something amiss in Cloudflare, as I had a couple domains give me a fit a few months back while "retrofitting" a few older sites.  You didn't really have to do the Cloudflare thing with the new builder if it was a very recent build, as they are all automatically secure now.  You MIGHT try deleting the cloudflare account (at cloudflare) and kind of start over with the domain pointing.  
Photo of john0278

john0278

The site was originally built a long time ago when cloudfare was the only option. I want to use the new design because it is a huge improvement over sitebuilder. I removed the site from cloudfare, reset nameservers to default, reset dns to default, repointed the domain and republished the site. Now it works over cellular on the phone but won't work over my internet connection on the phone or laptop. I appreciate the help.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

Now you might just have to give it to the morning for it to cycle through all the servers and stuff.  If you can see it on the cell phone, it is "working"  If it's not ALL up by the morning, call homestead at 800-710-1998 after 8am PST.  
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello John,

Your site is working on my end. Can you pull it up?
Photo of john0278

john0278

It won't come up over internet on laptop or phone, only get a page under construction, but will come up over cellular on phone.  I have tried clearing cache on Microsoft edge and chrome.  
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The site is pulling up on my phone and my desktop. It is still within the propagation time, so I will ask that you keep checking.
Photo of john0278

john0278

It did finally come up. Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.