Half the page I was editing (created 2003) has disappeared

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

I have been revising the story of my life, a bit at a time. It was annoying today to discover that I would have to use the new online Sitebuilder Plus. It was disillusioning to discover some time later that the first part of the story - a l ot of work with many images, has disappeared.

Can't some editor help recover this for me? Is it on my files on my Homestead on my home computer? Isn't this one reason for having the Sitebuilder to download?
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

• 1,930 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • don't ask.

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue3082,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like you have access to both sitbeuilder plus as well as the desktop version.

If possible, log into the desktop version and open your page(s) is missing on the published site.

Desktop stores a version of your site locally, so as long as you haven't downloaded a recent version of your site, publishing from there should restore it.

If that doesn't do the trick, I can try to restore the site (up to a few weeks ago), please let me know if you'd like for me to give that a try.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

Hi Ehsan,

The problem is on the way to being resolved. I have been working on replacing the text that was lost. So it is too late to attempt to restore anything.

I don't think that would have worked anyway. I was persuaded to start using SB+ as I had been informed that I would not be able to use SB anymore. And what someon at your end did was cancel my SB, so all I had was SB+.

I am telling you this because perhaps you can talk to your boss and prevent this from happening to someone else. That person shouldn't have done away with my SB. It worked fine. And I still had it on my computer, and still do. But when I complained about it, their response was to add SB once again so it is now listed as being something I can use if I choose to. All I have to do is download it again to my computer! and we know what that means - all my data has been wiped out. No, I am not happy about that. But you need do nothing. As I said, I am adding all the data that was lost, on my own.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue3082,

Thank you for bringing me up to speed and bringing this to my attention. I will be sure to bring this to the attention of my superior as well.

SB does store a local copy of your files, if you'd be interested in taking a look to see if your site files are still there, I'd be happy to tell you where you would normall find the folder (I just need to know which operating system you have).

I totally understand if you'd like to continue on with what you're doing now since you're fixing it yourself, I won't be making any changes to your account.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Sue3082

Sue3082

It's coming along okay, but has been time consuming. thanks anyway.

Sue