Google maps element returning map of wrong address

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Google maps is returning an SF map for my business, although it is located in San Diego. Address is entered correctly in element.
Photo of Sandra2059

Sandra2059

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,654 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Sandra,

We are aware of this issue and have passed it along to our developers for a resolution. I will add your account to the ticket to make sure it is fixed.
Photo of Sandra2059

Sandra2059

Hi, it seems like you have been aware of it for some time now. My clients are complaining. Not good for business. When will it be fixed? Thank you, Sandra
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

We first got reports on Monday. We are working on resolving this but do not have an ETA currently. I am sorry for the trouble. For now, you can get HTML from Google for the map.
The same thing is happening to me. What is being done about this?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,634 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
We have already created a ticket with our developers to get this fixed. In the meantime, you can remove the map or add it via HTML from Google. I will add your account to the ticket to make sure it is resolved.
Photo of RRGC

RRGC

+1

Do you have steps on how to create it from google?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

If you go to maps.google.com and find the address you want to display, you can click the Share Button. You should see the tab option that says "Embed a map"
Copy the code and paste it in an HTML element in your builder.
Photo of Jola8626

Jola8626

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why is this taking so long to correct?

Photo of steve4088

steve4088

• 60 Points
Mine is the same.
Photo of Chris0711

Chris0711

• 60 Points
I am also having the same problem, please fix.  TWO WEEKS IS TOO LONG!!!
Photo of Eric0886

Eric0886

• 62 Points
My website is having this issue as well.  There is no excuse for this issue to linger longer than one day let alone 2 weeks.  Who specifically is looking at fixing this issue.  What manager is overseeing this?  Tell us so we all know who is taking responsibility and give us their phone number.  Homestead is trashing their clients.  Their is many other website hosts who would love to have us.  Please get this fixed tomorrow.  signed Eric Mc
Photo of Megan2787

Megan2787

• 60 Points
I am having the same problem. The map shows California, but I am located in Ohio. Please help.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I am getting all of these reports documented. We are working on resolving this as fast as possible.
In the meantime, you can add the map via HTML directly from maps.google.com.
Photo of Douglas3100

Douglas3100

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What is the status of correcting this issue? Thank you.
Photo of John9822

John9822

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
John9822  also waiting.
Photo of Perry Simons

Perry Simons

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Waiting as well.  Doesn't seem to be any progress
Photo of Office Manager

Office Manager

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Wondering how much longer it will be until this is fixed?
Photo of John9822

John9822

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
John9822  also waiting
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

We still have a ticket out to correct this issue. We do not have an expected resolution date. In the meantime, you can add the map very easily via HTML:

Visit the Google Maps website. In the top left corner, enter the desired address. The map will be displayed and a window will pop up on the left side. Click Share.

A new Window will pop up. You want to click on the Embed tab of that window. On the left, you may adjust the size of the map, by clicking and selecting from the desired menu option. Once selected, copy the highlighted code. 

Go to Sitebuilder and paste the code into an HTML box. You can then drag the HTML box anywhere on the page that you like.
Photo of Tim8840

Tim8840

• 62 Points
Please create a ticket for us to as I've tried to delete the map and add a new one. It is still displaying incorrectly. Makes me wonder if this is why I'm getting phone calls from people looking to make reservations with an RV park in another state. You are costing us money!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry for the trouble. We already have a ticket created for this issue, and are working on it. In the meantime, you can follow the instructions above to add the correct menu via HTML.
Photo of Robert4931

Robert4931

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This problem has lasted for at least one month. Why is this taking so long?
Photo of Marion2181

Marion2181

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is embarassing!!! When will it be fixed...it makes it difficult for those of us who are not computer savy and having frustrated customers experiencing the same difficulty. Please provide and estimate time to have the problem fixed. Thank you very much.
Photo of Perry Simons

Perry Simons

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Never seen a known programming "bug" last so long.  As we know on everything from iPhones to QuickBooks products, updates and bug fixes are put out anywhere from 24 hours to perhaps 5 business days following identification.  Not sure what's going on here, but I won't hold my breath for Homestead to prorate/refund some of our subscription fees while they limp along after 6 weeks or so now with a know significant problem in their product.

I feel your pain - I am computer literate enough to have applied the "work-around" by grabbing HTML code from Google Maps, but I knew there would be MANY others who either didn't understand their instructions or were too hesitant to try fooling around with a website that used to work.
Photo of Douglas3100

Douglas3100

Elyzabeth: Through no fault of yours this major issue is just not getting resolved. In fact, the time it is taking is beyond ridiculous. The purpose of using Homestead over some other options is having user friendly software that does not require HTML editing. Whoever you notified of the problem over a month ago is just not getting the job done. If you have anyone higher up in the command structure you can contact please do so. Thank you for your efforts.

(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

I apologize for the time it has taken to resolve this issue. There were unforseen complications that lengthened the resolution time. At this point, the Google Map elements are functioning and showing the proper address.
Photo of Douglas3100

Douglas3100

Thank you, Elyzabeth. On my website, at least, the Google Map function is indeed now working.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.