Going back to GO Daddy

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I recently switched back to GoDaddy for email. I have been having problems with sending email. I need homestead to change my C Name in order for this to work. Is there anyone I can chat with today to get that done? Didn't realize customer service takes a vacation on the weekend.
Photo of steffmdr2437

steffmdr2437

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

There is chat support that you can get to via the help center in your account, or you can post the CNAME here and I will get it updated for you.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of steffmdr2437

steffmdr2437

Thanks so much Drew! I did try to open a live chat session, but the system gave me no option. It may be because of the type of account I have. Not sure. I appreciate your help. The info I have is POP.secureserver.net. Code is 72.167.82.11. Hopefully, the email will start working again as everything has bounced back. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Stephanie
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, I am sorry, but that doesn't give me what I need. The first looks like an MX record, while the second part is an A record(ip address) Each can be used, but you will need to get better info from Godaddy so that I can update your DNS records.

I will keep watch on here so that I can update when you get the information. Typically is it done by mx record for email, but you will have to get the records they want from them.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of steffmdr2437

steffmdr2437

Hi Drew,

The email is already up and running with GoDaddy. I gave Homestead those numbers to switch it over earlier this week. Those codes are MX Priority 0 SMTP.secureserver.net and MX Priority 10 Mailstore 1.secureserver.net. The problem that I'm having is that my email is aborting with GoDaddy. When I called their customer service, they explained that Homestead has all the correct codes, except the one that I gave you earlier. This code POP.secureserver.net 72.167.82.11 will allow my email to go out properly. Hope this helps!

Stephanie
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning, I am still not quite sure about this. I can only add a CNAME that has your domain, so I added pop.teamselfesteem.net and pointed it to pop.secureserver.net, as you can not enter an IP address in the CNAME configuration.

Additionally, I am not saying GoDaddy doesn't configure using POP as their outgoing, but usually POP is the record for incoming mail, and would have no effect on you sending mail.

Anyway, I made a change to your records, that might be what they are looking for. If it doesn't work, please contact Godaddy and have them give exactly what records they need. A or CNAME or both. I need the record type, the host and where it points. Hopefully this will not be necessary, but we will see. It can take up to 24 hours for this to resolve.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of steffmdr2437

steffmdr2437

Good evening Drew,

Ok...I spoke to GoDaddy again and the rep said the only information needed is the MX Records. They gave me the following:

MX Priority 0 smtp.secureserver.net and
MX Priority 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net

They mentioned that if these numbers are not correct, I will have problems sending and receiving email. I hope this helps as I really need to have emails go out to my clients tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help over the weekend!

Stephanie
Photo of steffmdr2437

steffmdr2437

GM Drew,

Looks like all information is correct for Homestead/GoDaddy. Thank you for your help over the weekend!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are very welcome. I am glad it is working now.

Thanks

Drew N

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.