Getting rubbish emails?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm getting messages sent to my site that have random letters as name, subject and message (eg. pzpsyqztr) but have web-links that have .com , @, and / in them, so they are probably effective traps. (I would advise against clicking in such a link if you get one). Is this a known problem, and should I be doing anything about it? Jim.
Thank you for the touchy-feely emoticons, but it's really not me
Photo of Jim5530

Jim5530

• 716 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jim -

Sorry about the SPAM messages you're getting! Unfortunately, if you have your website listed online, or have added yourself on different mailing lists, these messages are unavoidable. We do have spam filters that try to weed out as much of them as possible, but it's not always possible to catch them all. We are always working on this, so hopefully you continue to get less and less of these types of messages.

Thanks.
Photo of Jim5530

Jim5530

• 716 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Aubrey. As you say, they may just go away again. It seems to be a new form of spam, I've only been getting them for a couple of weeks. My regards to the people working on the spam filters. Keep up the good work.
Jim
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks so much, Jim!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.