Get Rid of PLUS and go back to Site Builder!

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Not Planned
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Auto tile background images, big blue lines on active elements, no ruler (how the heck are you supposed to know where you are on the page for God's sake), Edit boxes that appear on elements and cover closer elements, the list goes on and on.

Site Builder Plus is horrendous!! multiple clicks to accomplish what used to be accomplished with one click....

how do we get Homestead to listen to it's customers and get rid of Plus??
Photo of smartpicks0688

smartpicks0688

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • angry and sad

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi smartpicks -

I understand your frustrations using the new tool. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Our developers are reading this forum, so keep letting us know what we can do to improve. If it is noticed that many users have the same complaints (either by writing similar topics, or by "liking" different topics), then our team will look at what we can do to address the issue.

To address a couple points you brought up, the "background" element in the old Sitebuilder automatically tiled images as well. If you only want the image to appear once, we recommend simply adding it as a regular image, then changing the layering order (by right-clicking > Element Layer Order).

Regarding the ruler, while there isn't a rule availble, you can but if you can look at the placement of your elements in the Position and Size section of the properties editor on the right. Also, there are Grid lines available by simply right clicking on the background in Sitebuilder, then choose Show Grid.

Thanks,
aubrey
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi smartpicks,

While we're still evaluating what to do with the Desktop version, I feel that I must address your request to get rid of Sitebuilder Plus. We actually have a lot of customers that really like Sitebuilder Plus and have built some pretty cool websites with it.

In short, we won't be getting rid of Sitebuilder Plus.

Thank you for posting your idea to the community!
Photo of James9941

James9941

• 298 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Angela, This must be a very difficult handling all this negativity, but is there anywhere you could post your new regulations in a larger font? It's so small that it can't be read.....or was that the idea?
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi James, I've sent you a message to your email address on your account.
Photo of kjhuggard2459

kjhuggard2459

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
For anyone who has used the old site builder the new Plus seems very limited as to what can be accomplished. I am not very happy at all with this new format.
How do you add elements such as lines etc to your page. How do you copy multiple elements to another page. Perhaps I'm missing something here but it appears Homestead has taken a serious step backwards with this new format.
Photo of Joe4321

Joe4321

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree...I can't get the sitebuilder program to run on either on my computers...and can't even get the online version to publish a formatted list correctly. I don't believe that you have changed this program with no notification to your customers. I want to be able to use the old program or I want to cancel my subscription and will be using another host...very, very disappointed in this whole episode especially the 15 minute wait to be told it was a problem with my computers that would not allow sitebuilder program to load...FIX THIS CRAP!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.