FTP service

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

Why not activate the FTP service again ? for advanced users a must-have.
Is there a package who supports FTP ?
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

• 410 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Nan9925

Nan9925

• 60 Points
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

I have +350 pages on homestead and i use homestead now over 12 years.
So i don't want to rewrite my website.
I use FTP for publishing my photo's direct from Adobe Lightroom to my homestead website.
Also i have a photoslider i made with a program , to export the slider FTP is recommended.
Now i have to import manually every single file in the file manager , and 1 slider there are more than 20 files.
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Jan3112,

Sorry for the frustrations. Unfortunately FTP was taken away do to security issues. However you should be able to upload multiple files using the Sitebuilder Plus editor. When you login to your account, click Websites Manager on the left. When the page loads, click the arrow next to Edit Site and choose "Edit with Sitebuilder Plus".

When the online editor opens, click your domain or sitename at the far top and choose "view file manager. When your file manager opens up, click the import button. You should be able to select multiple files by holding down the Ctrl or Shift key on your computer.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

i try to select multiple files , bud its not working ?
Only one file at a time.
Can you help me ?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately the multiple files only works in Sitebuilder Plus. My guess is you may be trying this in the desktop version.

Thanks,

Chris
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

No Chris, it is not the desktop version!
I log in to homestead and i start the Sitebuilder plus in my browser Safari.
I made a test and the multiple upload works best in Internet explorer .
In Safari it was not possible to select multi files.
Solved so far.
Thank you Chris
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the update. I had no idea the multiple select feature didn't work in Safari. I'm glad you tried a different browser to get it to work. I've passed this information to our product and development team.

Thanks again!

Chris
Photo of Eddie8366

Eddie8366

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
is there a way I could upload a custom website to intuit and use that custom website as my website in intuit, i mean I would like to have my own custom template? and is there a way I could edit my template html structure or the css of it?
Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for posting!

You could definitely upload your own custom website to be hosted by Intuit. However, the sitebuilder platform doesn't recognize outside code so you wouldn't be able to edit your site internally. Any changes would have to be down with a third party program and then the pages re-imported into your account.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
how about export?
Photo of Fancy Prancer

Fancy Prancer

• 1,470 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I need to download all the files, soo important to back them up, or can easily lose them forever. I don't keep up on saving files unfortunately, losing the ones I have on homestead would be disastrous! Security or not, give us the ftp option back please!
Photo of Andrea8601

Andrea8601

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Web designers need FTP...grrr
Photo of Denise0216

Denise0216

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
is there any possible way to export the pages from my website into Dreamweaver, since you inconvienently deactivated FTP? I need this answered ASAP.
Photo of Denise0216

Denise0216

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
is there any possible way to export the pages from my website into Dreamweaver, since you inconvienently deactivated FTP? I need this answered ASAP.
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

NO, this is not possible . Homestead is a easy program bud there is no export function.
You alwais can import html.
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am changing hosts to another company. Security reasons don.t seem to hold water. How do I get my years of hard work to my desk top so that I can ftp thom to my new host?
Photo of jan3112

jan3112

Homestead is a-easy all-in program . easy to use ,with limitations.

Please, do not use my question.

You can ad a new question so a emloyee of Homestead can aswer you
Photo of Fancy Prancer

Fancy Prancer

• 1,470 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Give us back the ability to ftp pictures from our homestead site to our computers PLEASE. I'll worry about the security, what are they going to take other than pictures they can download by clicking!
Photo of Garry Grainger

Garry Grainger

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
PLEEEEEASE re-instate the FTP facility.
I agree with danceli1942.
If I can't use FTP to edit my website, I am going to have to build it all over again on another host site that DOES allow FTP.
Photo of debra0749

debra0749

• 60 Points
Wow. I am advising my client to move her site. To not have FTP capability and no PHP capability without paying extra is ludicrous and beyond prehistoric. Totally unacceptable.
Photo of Jim4789

Jim4789

• 60 Points
I have 7 websites on Homestead... It will be a lot of work but it seems it must be done...... Goodbye homestead!
Photo of Melissa6012

Melissa6012

• 60 Points
OH MY GOSH! I just switched to homestead and have been trying for days to publish my webpage using FTP. Now I am reading that you don't even have it?! WHAT? I do not want to have to rebuild my whole site. Please tell me this issue has been resolved since these other posts were posted?! Please! I would have never switched if I had known there was no FTP.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Melissa6012,

Sorry for the delay -

FTP is no longer offered and as far as I know, it will not be added back.

However, you can import files via the File manager in Sitebuilder.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Ehsan