Email auto-forwarding not working?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

emails are not forwarding! i am loosing customers
sales@miamicrepes.net
Photo of Jonathan8076

Jonathan8076

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
There is one known issue, which affects email forwarding from Hmail accounts to 3rd party email accounts which is being addressed during the migration. If you are having an issue with the auto-forward then this may be the problem. It has to do with the senders domain name possibly having an SPF record which defines which servers are allowed to send email from that domain. This prevents email from their domain to be sent from other servers. The auto-forward retains the original senders address and SPF record. The spam filter identifies our server as an unauthorized server preventing the auto-forward.

As of now, the only resolution we have is to temporarily remove the auto-forward. This is not expected to be a problem on our new platform.

If you have removed the auto-forward and are still having problems, we'll need to collect some more data to investigate the issue. Please visit this link and fill out the online form: http://communityguidelines.homestead....

If all fields are not filled out accurately or some fields are left blank we may not be able to fully troubleshoot the issue.

Mike
Photo of Karen7387

Karen7387

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
homestead mail not forwarding to my hotmail account any more..

I have email set up to forward a copy from homestead mail to a hotmail account but they are not being forwarded. Is there anything that can be done to rectify this.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you have an auto forward set up, please read the official response above.
Photo of Jim5530

Jim5530

• 716 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Why are some of my emails not being forwarded?.

I have my incoming emails forwarded to another address. Over the last few months the service has become erratic, and emails from certain companies, for example, Amazon, are not being forwarded. I haven't set any filters, so there shouldn't be any classified as junk. The only co-incidence I can think of is that I'm not getting those weird wgjebdhjjek type of emails sent through the 'email me' system any more.
While I'm having a gripe, I'd really appreciate a grown up version of this 'community' thing. Fewer emoticons and exhortations to 'get emotional', presumably designed to make me feel hugged by the internet.
Photo of Marcelo3631

Marcelo3631

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am not able to forward my email to another address.

I am not able to follow this steps:

Email notification to another address

To set notification:

Click the Preferences tab.

Click Mail.

In the Receiving Messages section, check Send a notification message to and enter the email address.

Click Save. The notification feature is enabled immediately.

Please, does anybody have any tips to help me on this issue?

Thanks a lot

Marcelo
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Please read the official response at the top.
Photo of Marcelo3631

Marcelo3631

Yes, I saw the link to collect info but It does not apply to my problem since I do not get any email from anybody any time.
I need to set up my: chefmarcelo@suppersready4you.com
to automatically send the emails to:
suppersready4you@gmail.com

I do not find any tab or links to be able to do that.
Photo of Marcelo3631

Marcelo3631

Or a better explanation is:

I get all the emails at Homenstead but they are not forwarded to my gmail.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is the part that is relevant to you.

There is one known issue, which affects email forwarding from Hmail accounts to 3rd party email account which is already being worked on. If you are having an issue with the auto-forward then this may be the problem. It has to do with the senders domain name possibly having an SPF record which prevents email from their domain to be sent from other servers. When there is an auto-forward set up, this SPF record blocks the email from being forwarded, from out server to the 3rd part email address. As of now, the only resolution we have is to temporarily remove the auto-forward until your email account is migrated to our new platform.
Photo of Marcelo3631

Marcelo3631

Do you know approximately when the email account will be migrated to your new platform?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I only know that the target to complete is about 4 months, but I do not know the order. You will receive an email about a week before your account is moved, and then another when it is completed.

Drew
Photo of Marcelo3631

Marcelo3631

Thank you Drew for your help
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are very welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need more information.
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Some emails not getting through.

For some reason, one of my primary homestead email accounts is not receiving emails from certain senders. I can have the same email sent to any number of other email accounts, including other homestead accounts and it goes through just fine, but it will not come through on my primary account. My email is not full and has plenty of room and it is not going to junk mail.
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Mike,

No, I do not have any forwarding setup. I don't understand it at all, especially since I can receive it on other homestead accounts, except the one I really need it to go to!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The next thing to check is to see if you have any filters set up that are routing the email into a different folder. Also, check with the sender to see if they are getting a bounce message back.

Another possibility is that there is a 3rd party email client on a computer or smart phone etc. configured with the email account and it's pulling messages off the server.

Mike.
Photo of Ronald7859

Ronald7859

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not All Emails Are Being Forwarded To My AOL Account..

My emails were set up to automatically forward to my AOL account. Not all are being forwarded. What can I do? This problem started recently.
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

• 666 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
email forward not working for Paypal messages.

I've set my homestead email account to forward all messages to another email. It works fine for all emails except those received from Paypal. I can get a notification to work, but not a forward.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Bob1777, the response above explains the issue that some people have with PayPal and other senders that use an SPF record. This is a known issue and is being addressed as part of our email platform upgrade. Once your account gets converted this should no longer be an issue. Until then, the only resolution that I can provide is to turn off the auto-forward option

Mike
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

Mike - Interesting solution - we're having problems getting email to forward, so you're saying to turn off forwarding. I don't think that does much to solve our problem. When is the "email platform upgrade" expected?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is in progress now, but will take some time to get through everyone. You should receive an email about a week before your account is migrated.

Drew
Photo of Barry7445

Barry7445

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Frustrating Email system.

I have my email into Zimbra forwarded to my gmail account so it easily goes to my cell. It takes forever for Zimbra to forward and some emails never show up. I am constantly running tests from my "contact me" link on my site to check. Is this common? Thanks for any input.
Photo of Kathy7454

Kathy7454

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
HATE THE NEW E-MAIL. PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. I CAN'T EVEN VIEW MESSAGES FROM MY CUSTOMERS.

1. The new e-mail platform does NOT work! If something works, why did you mess with it?!
2. I have in my preferences to send a copy of my e-mail to a Hotmail account that I check regularly. This used to work, but hasn't worked now for some time, even though I have it set in my preferences. It will alert me that I have a message, but it is not copying the message to my other e-mail account.
3. I go into the zimbra email and now it's a fight to get it to even show me the messages, and it WILL NOT allow me to reply. I got it to work the other day - after about 30 minutes of fighting with it and trying everything I could think of - but now it isn't working.
This is just a prime example of why I choose to have my regular emails sent to my Hotmail account. I cannot have an email that is directly linked using my domain address because it just isn't worth the fight. I am going to have to do something else so that my customers can reach me.
ONE MORE QUESTION: I used to be able to reach customer support or tech support on Saturdays - you guys aren't working on the weekend anymore? Websites don't sleep and we need to be able to get tech support on the weekends too. Even if I could at least leave a message that someone would return would be better than no support on the weekends at all.
PLEASE PUT THE EMAIL BACK TO WHERE IT WAS. At least it worked.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Your email has not yet been migrated. You are still on the old platform. The forwarding is a known issue. It should beging to work again once you are on the new email system.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of David5435

David5435

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Err035.

I have a message that one of my customers sent to me, this message was given to the customer this morning when trying to send me an email, 74.220.195.20 # sender rejected - ERR035> #SMTP#

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Email is still having issues! topic.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The error is due to an SPF record causing the email to not go through which is explained above in the first response. This is a known issue that has been address and fixed on our new email platform. Your account has not yet been converted. Once it has been, this will no longer be an issue.

The temporary fix (if you have an auto-forward set up), is to just turn off or remove the auto forward.

Mike
Photo of Lilian3495

Lilian3495

• 70 Points
A similar issue is the ability to forward email to another email account. Apparently this is common email feature is being eliminated in this "improvement". The problem now lies in that my mail continues to be forwarded from my old/current Homestead account to my new email account -- and I can't shut it off. Since no functionality exists to forward email, none also exists to shut it off.

How can I stop email from being forwarded?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This thread is for the old mail system and I am addressing you in your other thread. Please keep a single question to one topic as it reduces confusion and makes the community more efficient.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Ronald7859

Ronald7859

When will we be transferred to the new system? It has to be better! Only a few emails are being forwarded to our other email account. The bulk are not. I am having to check both our email provider and Homestead for emails every day. And when I try to forward a email from the Homestead account to our other email, it doesn't work. This is a small business, and we need help.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi, our goal is to complete the migration for all accounts by the end of the month. Your forwarding should function on the new system, but forwarding is not considered a best practice for email. Virtually all devices allow you to set up to check multiple accounts in one place.

This is a much better option as when a message goes to any account, when you reply, it automatically replies from the account the customer sent it to.

Drew
Photo of Bob1777

Bob1777

Forwarding is not the best practice for email?? That's about the worst answer I've seen yet in this string. Forwarding is and always has been a common and highly useful feature of any efficient email system.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They are not the same thing. It is useful and common, however, that does not make it a best practice. Virtually all mail programs have the ability to add multiple accounts and bring all the mail in directly from each account to one place. This is the best practice for email.

This design was implemented because the act of forwarding is being destroyed by spammers, and forwarding of email increases the chances of your message becoming marked as spam.

Drew
Photo of Ronald7859

Ronald7859

How do I set this new system to automatically forward to my other email account? Right now, it's not working. This is crucial to our small business.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: how to auto forward
Photo of Jonathan8076

Jonathan8076

okay, you FINALLY upgraded my email.

now, how do you set the auto forward on the new platform?
Photo of Jonathan8076

Jonathan8076

UPDATE: i got it to work!
click email
click manage my email account
click edit (the little pencil)
advanced options
fill out FORWARD (make sure theres no www. or http)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for helping out Jonathan8076. If anyone needs screenshots, they are here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.