Forms receiving error when submitting

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When anybody completes and submits a particular form on our site (www.ccug.org/seminar/seminar_reg.html) they receive the error message "There was an error while submitting your information."  I don't seem to be seeing that problem with any of my other forms so I'm not sure what happened.  I have not made any changes to the page I'm referring to and the error only began appearing today, but it's not consistent (it is happening sometimes but not all times).
Photo of Keith2701

Keith2701

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Barbara1420

Barbara1420

• 60 Points
I am having the same problem.  It also started today.
Photo of Hunter6159

Hunter6159

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem as Keith. These pages are generating the error message when these forms are submitted:

https://www.librarycatalogingsolutions.com/Free-Trial-Questionnaire.html

https://www.librarycatalogingsolutions.com/Retrospective-Conversion-Questionnaire.html

The first one has never generated that message before, and the second one was created tonight.  I just now noticed that the forms actually DID get submitted and sent; I received the completed forms in my email.  So in my case, at least, the forms are working, but they're still generating the error message, which doesn't look good to my customers.
Photo of Joseph3740

Joseph3740

• 60 Points
I am having the same problem and started yesterday. This is a big problem since our orders are generated from these forms. My customers are angry and think their order was not submitted since they received an error message. I have been doing damage control since telling my customers that we are still receiving the order forms even though it tells them there was an error submitting the order form. Unlike a few have experienced, this is a problem with all of my order form submissions. This is the way we receive all of our orders from our customers.This is a huge problem for us and NEEDS URGENT ATTENTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!! THIS IS COSTING ME CUSTOMERS AND MONEY!!!!!!!

(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I am sorry for the trouble. We are aware of this issue and have already escalated a ticket to resolve this. This ticket is expected to be resolved within 24-48 hours. In the meantime, you should still be receiving the form submissions, although the customers are getting this error. We will get this resolved as soon as possible.
Photo of David0589

David0589

• 634 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
same issue for 2 days now. FIX THIS PLEASE!  we have our forms with two pages and they can't get to the second page.
(Edited)
Photo of scott5179

scott5179

• 60 Points
I'm having the same problem, People can't use my website! If it's not fixed by Monday I'm going to move to square space where my other web page is. 
Photo of Bill9059

Bill9059

• 754 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I also first reported this issue on Wednesday.  Way past the 24 - 48 hour resolution statement and I sure hope Homestead has someone working on this during the weekend. This cannot wait until Monday. Poor performance and service. 
Photo of James2999

James2999

• 62 Points

I am having the same problem since August 1st. This is a very serious error. People are loosing confidence on the website.
Photo of Susan9662

Susan9662

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are also receiving multiple orders by customers, Part of the problem: they return to the original form, it hasn't cleared itself and they submit again.  

Threatening Homestead does not solve or speed up the solution to the problem. 
Put a note near your submission button acknowledging there might be an error message, but confirm order received by sending message to ___(email address)____. 

Photo of rchrd5555

rchrd5555

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am also receiving the same issue. I am receiving the forms, yet customers are reporting that they are getting the same error message everyone is sharing."There was an error while submitting your information." 
Photo of Robert9708

Robert9708

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just tested my form page again and it appears that the issue has been resolved. Yay! I was about to have to rebuild on godaddy's form builder and it's a nightmare, so this made my day.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.