Form Submission to email Failure

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Form Submissions

Dear Sir .

I have a website in Homstead.com for the past 10 years . Since a couple of weeks I found some issues regarding the delivery of order submission to my mail . The default mail in the submission button has been given as infohibas@yahoomail.com in the order submission buttons .

Being yahoo is another mail provider it may some times block the form submission in the site . This was the issue in the last year and it has been solved . Recently again this issue came up . initially I thought Yahoo is blocking the mails Hence I added a Homstead mail id to the form submission button
That is info@hibasgiftindia.com ( This mail id provided by homestead it self )

But unfortunately the mails to this id also not coming some times . Thus I under stand that the issue is from your End .. Kindly Resolve the issue sooon as I am embarrassed with the calls from my customers ..

Thanks

Shaji

My website is www.hibasgiftindia.com

affected forms

http://www.hibasgiftindia.com/Site201...

http://www.hibasgiftindia.com/Site201...
Photo of sharooq6922

sharooq6922

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

• 702 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been experiencing this problem for over a week, and don't seem to get any satisfactory answers from tech support. other than "they are working on it"
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

I have lost over $500 worth of business.  I have contacted homestead numerous times about this problem, and I keep getting the same answer: "we are working on it".   Keep calling homestead, keep bugging them, or nothing will change.  They are not taking this seriously.  Their call center # is 800-710-1998 .   Call them every day as I do.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  The more people that complain, the better.  I would switch web host providers if I could, but that would involve a huge effort on my part.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I understand that you would feel this way, but it is not really the ideal solution. We need the specific information that we have requested. The page of the form and the date/time of the submission that did not arrive.

The problem is not a tech support issue. We are communicating with the development staff, the information you provide to us. You can post that information here very quickly. Calling in will take more of your valuable time and prevent support from helping the people they can help.

It is up to you as to how you proceed, and we do understand this is a serious matter. We take it seriously, but it is an intermittent problem that is not affecting everyone and has proven to be difficult to track down. We are working with the information you provide to see if we can locate the problem.
Photo of sue3175

sue3175

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How can we know what time we didn't get the submission if we didn't get the submission?  I can give you everything else.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

This is part of the problem.  It is difficult to know when one didn't get a submission when one doesn't get it. First you have to make sure your "submit" button sends both an email and a text file.  You have to log on to homestead (not site-builder), go to websites manager, click on "more", then "manage forms".   Text files are not that easy to read if one has a long form submission.  What I have done is run a few tests on my forms.  Sometimes I get the email, sometimes I don't.  But at least this way I know the time when the failure occurred.  Post this information on this page.  William S., who works for homestead, is monitoring this conversation, and this will help him get the information to the tech support folks.
(Edited)
Photo of sue3175

sue3175

Good advice.  I've changed the settings to text/email.  I will compare those with what comes in on email and inform tech support.  Thank you.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

• 1,738 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Been having the same issue for a week as well. Sometimes I get some forms, but not all.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

Have you tried calling homestead yet?  Use the # listed above.
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are looking into this. It appears the forms are working but are sending intermittently. I would highly recommend changing your submit buttons to 'email and text file' option so you have a backup of the submitted forms for the time being.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

I am extremely busy, and any form submissions that are made on my site are time sensitive.  I can't keep checking the text files all the time -- I rely on prompt emails to let me know that a form was submitted so that I can act on it promptly.  Relying on text files is not a good solution.   I have been with homestead for many years, and this problem is NEW.   So something is going on that has changed.  I hope your tech staff is really giving this a high priority.  I understand that this is a wierd issue, and difficult to focus on.  What do you need from me exactly to help?
Photo of William S

William S

We would need the page of the form and the date/time of the submission that did not arrive. Also the email address it is being sent to.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

Just submitted a test on http://www.chapelhillrentals.org/pool-use-agreement.html at 8:57 PM EST, did not receive email.  My email is ericplow1@aol.com

Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

Just submitted a test on http://www.chapelhillrentals.org/test.html at 9:37 PM EST, did not receive email.  My email is ericplow1@aol.com.   (I had done a similar submission at 9:00 PM EST, and did get an email.)   As I've mentioned, it is intermittent.  Is this enough for you, or do you want me to keep testing? 
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

This morning I tried to look at the text submissions.  There is a ton of clutter out there.  How do I simply look for the most recent submission(s) without going through hundreds of entries?

Photo of William S

William S

This is fine. I will submit the information to our development team to investigate. The most recent submissions should be at the bottom of the text file.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

There are so many separate listings for text files on my site, how can I simplify it?  I can't look through all of them..
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

I was just informed by a potential client that he submitted http://www.chapelhill-inntown.com/inntown-reservation-form.html at approx. 2:50 PM EST today.  I did not receive the email.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

Is it possible for you to give me a daily update on any progress?   I really rely on getting form submissions for my business and have invested a lot of time on my site.   I have been with homestead for at least 10 years, and I hope you will give me the VIP treatment on this.
Photo of sue3175

sue3175

Can you tell me where the text files show up?  I've selected this option but don't know where to look for them.
Photo of William S

William S

You can find them at your website manager before clicking edit site. Below the edit site button will be a 'More' drop down and a option for Manage Forms.

I do apologize Eric, but this has been affecting multiple customers and we are still looking into the issue. We are working to resolve this and find the cause of the issue. 
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

I know, but when I click the "more" drop down, I get all this stuff that is completely unmanageable to search.  I don't know if you have access to what I see, but if you do, check it out.  thanks.
Photo of William S

William S

I have look at your txt files and it looks like there are a lot in there. If you like, I can clean that section up so all new entries will be able to be viewed. This will not have any of the past entries just new ones.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

That would be FANTASTIC!   Thanks so much!
Photo of William S

William S

Alright. I have Archived all the old form results into the Archive folder. They are named with random numbers. All new submissions from now on will appear in their own file outside the Archive folder. These are the most recent ones.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

I'm confused.  When I look at the forms for www.chapelhill-inntown.com, I get the following menu.  Which folder represents new forms?

inntown-availability-query~b9...126kb inntown-availability-query~~0...4kb inntown-availability-query~~1...46kb inntown-availability-query~~1...1kb Inntown-Reservation-Confirmat...10kb Inntown-Reservation-Confirmat...3kb Inntown-Reservation-Confirmat...6kb Inntown-Reservation-Confirmat...34kb inntown-reservation-form-1-pa...1kb inntown-reservation-form-2~b9...2kb inntown-reservation-form-3~b9...1kb inntown-reservation-form~b906...2kb inntown-reservation-form~~040...6kb inntown-reservation-form~~050...3kb inntown-reservation-form~~050...38kb inntown-reservation-form~~051...3kb inntown-reservation-form~~052...29kb inntown-reservation-form~~061...6kb inntown-reservation-form~~101...20kb inntown-reservation-form~~120...31kb inntown-reservation-form~~121...2kb inntown-reservation-form~~121...2kb new-inntown-reservation-form~...1kb new-inntown-reservation-form~...1kb old-inntown-reservation-form~...1kb res-1~b906921d.txt1kb
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

Oh, I just switched domains.  I see that you did it for www.chapelhillrentals.org.  Can you do the same for www.chapelhill-inntown.com?
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

William, someone named Sue 3175 posted a comment, to which I responded above.     I told her to run some tests on her form(s) and note date and time when emails didn't follow the submission.  How many more tests would you like?  Do you want me to run some more tests?  I had actually called in a few days ago and spoke to a woman on your staff who told me that the problem was the some servers were not allowing emails to come through due to the inclusion of sensitive information therein.   Have all these servers been identified?   As you know, I removed any sensitive information from my forms several days ago, but if there are others out there that are still asking for credit card information or social security numbers on their forms, could this be causing the problem to repeat over and over again?  If so, how can you identify people that have this information on their forms and get them to remove it?  Otherwise the problem will never go away!
Photo of William S

William S

We don't need a lot, just a few examples. I have done the same for the http://www.chapelhill-inntown.com/ aite. If you removed the sensitive information off your form then you are all set. We currently do not have a process that will identify people that have sensitive information to advise them to remove it. This sounds like an excellent idea to advise my development team. Other people being blocked for whatever reason should not affect your forms in any way.
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

But I'm still not getting emails, and it's been several days since I removed the fields requested!  If other people's forms are not messing me up, then what is?
Photo of Eric5208

Eric5208

William, I just received a bunch of form submissions all at one time (approx 7:20 PM EST).  These consisted of tests that I had done as well as actual form submissions, all done in the past.  I would have thought that this meant the problem was fixed, but the same thing happened last week (getting bunches of form submissions at one time), but it turned out the problem was not fixed.  Do you think it is solved now, and/or does this information help diagnose what is going on ?
Photo of William S

William S

Yes, we haven't posted it officially, but they just resolved an underlying cause of the issue and pushed the backed up forms through. For now it should be fixed, but we will still monitor the situation closely. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.