Form submission error with Sitebuilder Desktop(Resolved)

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archive

We are aware of an error when submitting forms published via Sitebuilder desktop. We are working to correct this issue. In the short term, open your site in Sitebuilder Plus, delete the submit button and then replace it and publish.

Please do not publish any page with a form from the desktop application until this issue is resolved. We will post here when resolved.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Carole2612

Carole2612

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ElementMailer.dll error when submitting a form. Has worked for years and just qui....

We have 3 forms people can fill out to send us information. These have been working for years and suddenly produce an error on this URL http://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_ElementMailer/ElementMailer.dll

"Sorry, you have experienced an unexpected server error. You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later."

To reproduce this problem, go to our donations form and just type "Test" into the first line of the form and submit it.

http://www.msrnt.com/html/Adoption_App.html
Photo of Kristin0903

Kristin0903

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trouble Receiving Emails.

Is anyone else having issues receiving their emails?  The past 2 days I have not received any emails, and I know this because I have tried to submit them to myself and they are never being received in my inbox or spam, folder?? HELP!!!
Photo of Karen5787

Karen5787

• 1,322 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kristin.. are you talking about actual emails or forms? If you are having problems with your email, are you using something like outlook to recieve your mail? If so, your webmail account through the homestead website may be full, and you'll need to get into it to empty out your inbox.. I have to do this every 6 months or so.. I hope that helps with your email problem.. 
Photo of Tim1245

Tim1245

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled server error.

contact us page is giving this response:

Sorry, you have experienced an unexpected server error.

You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later.
Photo of Chad9507

Chad9507

• 1,738 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forms not working again! Please help!!.
Photo of David0589

David0589

• 634 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
THIS IS HORRIBLE!  Once again forms are not coming through and I can not get order from my customers.  What is being done to fix this?  Online chat wanted me to go in and "GROUP" all the items on the form, save and publish...didn't work.  Then I was told to "REPLACE" the submit button, save and publish - STILL NOT WORKING!  Once again, Homestead is causing me to waste time on something that should not happen every 6 months!  This is why we will be leaving Homestead sooner than later.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if you still see an error.
Photo of Nancy9071

Nancy9071

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Don't know if this is the same issue, but today I got 2 form submission emails from a customer, then I got an email from Homestead saying that I had made changes to that form on that page - I had not made any changes to that page. Homestead email says I made changes to the form, and the old form submissions have been saved to membership~~06192016 041620.txt, and new form submissions will be sent to membership~~d035c884.csv. Please advise. Thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is unrelated and we are making it a separate topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Changes to form email
Photo of Karen5787

Karen5787

• 1,322 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to say Drew, but it still isn't fixed on my website. I just received four forms and they are all screwed up.. I can't read everthing on the form unless I hit reply or forward. But then when I try to print it, it looses the bottom 3 questions, so my copy is not complete (I use these printed forms when working on the orders).. I've been doing this for 13 plus years now and never had a problem till now.. This has been going on for quite a few weeks.. How about Homestead just simple remove whatever it is they did to the forms to "improve" them and just take it back to the original format? This is crazy.. And as others said, the fixes suggested are not working, like deleting the submit button and adding it back on, then publishing.. Why was the format of the forms changed to begin with? It was working fine before... 
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This issue is unrelated to the topic and is being a made a topic of its own. In the other topic emails were not submitted at all. An error resulted from submit. That issue was identified and resolved. This will be handled as a separate matter.

Please reference the new conversation here: Problem with my form email

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.