Font and layout suddenly changed on our website

  • 0
  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

The layout of images, text boxes, etc suddenly changed on our website, LivingHopeEFC.org. The font also became bigger, and is overlapping on some pages.  Everything is as it should be on Sitebuilder Plus, but once it publishes, it looks terrible.  I tried different browsers and different computers.    One example is on the bottom right corner of the Home page, there was a calendar... no longer there.  Click on December or January and the calendars themselves missing, and it's a jumbled up mess.   Again, all is well on SiteBuilder Plus...but once it publishes, it is not right.  Thanks for any help you can give. 
Photo of Sonya9604

Sonya9604

  • 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

  • 42,938 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can see the calendar in the bottom right corner and clicking on December and January brings up calendars for those months. I only saw overlapping on two pages, and they were also incorrect in the builder. I corrected that and republished and it looks fine to me. One suggestion I have is to pay attention to the actual page name. For example, your "Contact Us" page on your website is actually "OurHistory" in the builder, so if you were editing the Contact Us page in the builder, and it wasn't fixing it, that would be why.
Photo of Sonya9604

Sonya9604

  • 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your reply.  You saw the site as it is supposed to be.  I have discovered by the process of elimination that our site displays correctly to anyone who has a different internet service provider than we do at our home AND offices.  However it is incorrectly displayed on our phones, personal laptop, and office PCs--anywhere with our internet service provider (Midco).  So, for example, a gal opened our site on our WIFI here at our offices and it was incorrect.  She opened it in the same browser, but with a different service provider (using her phone, she connected to her phone's hotspot--serviced by a different provider), and the site showed up fine.  I checked with others who have different internet service providers, and the site is fine.  I also spoke to 2 Homestead customer service reps, who said the site looked fine to them.  One rep said it could be an internet service provider problem.... SO, I talked to two different customer service reps at our internet service provider (Midco) and neither of them know how this could be happening or how to fix it.  I am not tech-savvy...don't really know terms well, etc.  Can you help with any insight-- what can I tell them if they don't know why our site is being affected?   They claim the info passes right through without being affected...but clearly it is.    
Photo of Sonya9604

Sonya9604

  • 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just noticed that our Avast virus protection may be blocking the site from fully opening.  

It says, "Insecure content blocked.  This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

Once I click "Load unsafe scripts,"   the rest of the website appears and straightens out.  

I am using Sitebuilder Plus and had to authenticate my site through Cloudflare.

Is this a Cloudflare problem then?  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I see you still use Sitebuilder desktop as well. Sitebuilder desktop is not compatible with Cloudflare security. If you want the site to be properly secured, you will need to us Sitebuilder Plus, which is the online version of Sitebuilder. There is one script that is still mixed content with that, but it is invisible to the viewer so the site will load correctly. You would need to log in to Sitebuilder Plus and publish the entire site from there. Then you will only use Plus from now on.
Photo of Sonya9604

Sonya9604

  • 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you so much!  This was the fix I needed!!!

2 conversations with customer service, and 2 conversations with the internet service provider, and hours of time spent....and this is was the problem.

So happy to have this riddle solved.  Thanks again.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

  • 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome. Happy to help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.