Fix the "Error Code: 0x19" problem I am having on my websites!!! You are costing me time and money with this inability to SAVE or PUBLISH!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am trying to prepare one of my websites for an online teddy bear show this week, but I cannot save or publish because I keep getting this message: "Oops! Your page could not be saved, possibly due to a network or server issue. Try saving the page again, and if it still doesn't work, call us at: 1-800-710-1998 (Error Code: 0x19)". I went to your community question with my problem and found one person who found help by clearing their browser . . . this did not work for me!!! I have to have this website ready or a lose a very large fee for participating in this promoter's show and, of course, I will not make any sales from a website that is not included in the show. I have tried the suggested phone number in the message, but have not been able to get through to an actual human being!!! So far I have spent about two hours on hold for your limited number of techs, but I cannot spend such outrageous periods of time holding for possible help with my problem. I am very disgusted with the poor quality of your service!!!!! IF YOU DO HAVE A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM, please let me know!!! armelladana@mchsi.com or (319)377-5869. Armella Dana
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Sad, Anxious, Confused, Frustrated and Extremely Ticked! #(*&#(^#!)(_)!_##*(!@&#^

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We'll be happy to take a look at it. Can you tell us which website and which page is giving you this problem?

Mike
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

Sometimes all of the pages on all of the websites get this "error code:0x19", but since I did the suggested fix of clearing my browser, I am only getting it on the single page website: armellabears.com.

This is a new domain and the page I need functioning by tomorrow or I will be eliminated from a teddy bear online show and I will lose hundreds of dollars, so I would appreciate quick assistance.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I was able to open it up without problems, but I also see that you are using a Mac with Firefox, which normally works fine. Can you try to open the SiteBuilder using Chrome and see if it makes a difference?

Mike
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

I did signup the Google Chrome browsers. The website www.armellabears.com is still not working and the error code 0x19 message comes up as soon as I open the site. The www.bearsnbudsbyarmella.com and the bearsbyarmella.net both work without any problems now (or at least for the time I spent working on them).

I am in a serious need to get the www.armellabears.com working. The online show provider will be doing the final check tomorrow morning. That deadline is getting too close. Please help me!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There appears to be some sort of caching issue. Can you please try to clear the cookies and cache in your browser, then do a restart on your computer. While you are doing a restart on the computer go ahead and restart the router also, as there's a chance that the router cache could cause this.

Mike
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

I will try these things, but just for your information, all of the websites are now getting the error code when I try to save.
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

This procedure had absolutely no effect on the situation. ALL websites are non-savable and cannot be published again.
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

Is there someway in which my domains are connected causing any of these problems??? The armellabears was just added a few weeks ago. The other two I have had forever and one other I cannot get to activate since I first tried to build it!?!?!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No. this would have no relationship with the domains.
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

Are you going to be able to get this error code problem fixed before Wednesday morning or should I seek out a web-host that can meet my needs. I cannot keep fighting with this Homestead host if every time I need to use one of my websites to earn money!!!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Armella, Sorry, but I have still been unable to reproduce this error on our end, making this difficult to troubleshoot.

Are you by any change trying to edit the sites with two or more SiteBuilder windows, or tabs open at the same time? This would be the next most likely cause. You can only edit one site at a time.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Armella M. Dana,

On a very important side-note, I want to share some information with you as I can see you've put a lot of work into these sites and are trying hard to succeed. I noticed that much of the content on the three sites has been duplicated. I'm guessing that you are doing this in an effort to increase overall traffic and searchability on the search engines. I strongly urge you to combine all the content into a single site, unless you have other reasons for creating three sites instead of one.

Google actually views this practice a bit negatively, and this can actually hurt your rankings or even get you de-listed. Quote below is directly from Google's site.

Google tries hard to index and show pages with distinct information. This filtering means, for instance, that if your site has a "regular" and "printer" version of each article, and neither of these is blocked with a noindex meta tag, we'll choose one of them to list. In the rare cases in which Google perceives that duplicate content may be shown with intent to manipulate our rankings and deceive our users, we'll also make appropriate adjustments in the indexing and ranking of the sites involved. As a result, the ranking of the site may suffer, or the site might be removed entirely from the Google index, in which case it will no longer appear in search results.

You can read the full article here, as there are some things you can do to work around this. However, the work-arounds are probably more complex than using a single site. https://support.google.com/webmasters...

I hope this helps!

Mike
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

I did manage to get my www.armellabears.com site ready by 3:00 AM, but I did not get two more bears listed that I had planned for this online show.

I think the idea of having more than one site open a the same time could be the problem. I will check it out today as I am rebuilding my business webpage www.bearsnbudsbyarmella.com. This is my primary site and the website I advertise for my business.

Actually, the repetition in the three websites has nothing to do with more exposure...quite the opposite. The only one I want to be well advertised is the main site.

I have had my artist teddy bear making business for 22 years. Before 9/11, I did all of my selling by traveling to bear shows all over the states and occasionally in England. After 9/11, people seemed to be unable to travel to the teddy bear shows and the would of online promoter shows got started. I used to do 10 to 15 shows across the country, I now do 2 or 3. So, of course, I have been doing more and more online shows.

During the 2 to 4 days of the show, the promoter links artist show pages from many artists to the Show Page she has set up for the sale (there is a high, non-refundable charge for this service). On the day and time the show is to begin, the promoter "flips the switch" and the show page for every artist in the show is linked to the promoter site and people can start online shopping.

Each of these promoters has webpage requirements of what can and cannot be listed or what has to be listed. I have been using my oldest website, www.bearsbyarmella.net as the site URL I give to promoters for their shows. It was a major redo every time I did a show with one of my promoters. All of the essential information and placement required by the promoter had to be changed and it was like creating a new website for every show. So, instead of recreating the requirements of the various promoters, for every online show, I have started to set up separate websites for each promoter.

I have been wondering, could I use the same website, www.armellabears.com for all of my online promoters and just set up separate pages for each of the show promoters. If I do not put a "navigator" in the site to move from page to page, but just send the URL for the specific show promoters to link to "only that one page", could I get the same results as separate websites????? This would certainly make it a lot easier for me and I would only need 2 domains, www.bearsnbudsbyarmella.com (my main website) and www.armellabears.com for all of my online show promoters.

Will this work????

Armella
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the explanation. That does make sense. Yes if you wanted to you could just create the necessary pages on one of the sites. You could still treat them like separate sites and just leave off the navigation menu, or even create a 2nd menu for those specific pages.

Mike
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

What is a "blocked with a noindex meta tag" and can I use this on www.armellabears.com to prevent this site from being advertised??? I only want www.bearsnbudsbyarmella.com to be advertised and promoted!! Can I do the individual page for each teddy bear promoter with no navigator between pages of www.armellabears.com and not have it advertised?? If so, I should be able to get rid of the other two domains, right???

Please tell me if this will work or if you have a better idea for eliminating this duplication of information issue???
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You could add the noindex tag as exlained below, but if it were my site, and I had to choose, I would combine the pages into one site and just not put navigation links on those pages.
Photo of Armella M. Dana

Armella M. Dana

What is a "blocked with a noindex meta tag" and can I use this on www.armellabears.com to prevent this site from being advertised???

If so, how do I do it?? I cannot find it in help??
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It's a piece of html code that basically instructs the search engines to not index a particular web page. If you write the code, (you can probably find it doing a Google search), then it's pretty easy to insert. Directions can be found here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
I am having the same problem ...

with www.springfieldonthemove.net

I am trying to preview and get the error code and then I try to publish this new page and I get the error code

Oops! Your previewing request failed due to a network or server issue.

Try previewing again, and if it still doesn't work, call us at: 1-800-710-1998

the name of the new page is newpage

Help????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You should be fixed now.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.