fix background instead of repeating

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My background is in the tile format. How do I make it so that there is only one image?
Photo of amanda9446

amanda9446

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
i think this is the code. insert this into your html header using your own pic. 

<style>body { background-image: url("http://www.rivercruisevacations.ca/200238179-001.jpg"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;background-position: center;background-size:100%}</style> 
Photo of amanda9446

amanda9446

If I am using a photo of my own, where will I find the code?

I didn't have to do this last time I changed the background.

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
upload/add the photo to your files from your computer. name the file something you can find easily. then insert the web site with the appendage of the pic associated with that photo in the code above. if you dont do that the photo will be "tiled" as you say. yet another Hstead shortcoming unfortunately. you will able to do whatever background you want on any page.
Photo of amanda9446

amanda9446

That fixed it.  Thank you so much!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.