Feedburner not working on new website

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I just upgraded and recently published my new Website Builder website and blog. I had a blog on my old site Sitebuilder that was linked to Feedburner. I published a new blog post last night, however, the Feedburner did not work. Please advise.
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

• 846 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

What page was this added to and what kind of element did you add the Feedburner to? 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Here's the link https://www.glendakharrison.com/the-dig-blog You'll see it on the right side of the blog. I placed it because I thought it would still work from my old site. It's so that people could subscribe to the blog. Plus, I thought my feedburner would still work for my current subscriber list.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you, when I test it on both the new site and old site I see the form show but upon submitting both produce the same message. We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access. I would double check with FeedBurner, they may be able to generate a new code to use.  
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

If I can't get it to work, is there a similar way for people to subscribe with Website Builder? I noticed in Elements something that says RSS Feed. What is this for?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, you can use the BLOG RSS or I would recommend the JOIN MY MAILING LIST element from the contact category. This will be the easiest way. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I don't understand how the Blog RSS works. I placed it on my website, and all that appeared was coding. I want the persons who subscribe to my blog to receive my blog posts (when I post) via email, not by me generating an email.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

For the RSS feature to work properly the person viewing the site would need to have a RSS reader applied to their browser. Unfortunately not everyone is going to have that function set up on their device. Homestead does not have a way for subscribers to have an email automatically generated and sent out when you post, this would need to be done manually. I will send that to development as a feature suggestion. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.