Feedback Please

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Can I get feedback on my Sitebuilder site please?

please give feedback    www.atomicfireworks.net

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Submit your Homestead Websitebuilder site for review..
Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like your website. It's the best one here, so I thought it was worth spending some time on. You offer a lot of content which is fantastic. The site has a busy look, but that is the expected aesthetic for this product line. Here are my pointers: Be sure to test your site on different browsers (I.E., Safari, Chrome, Firefox) on different operating systems (Windows and Mac) because spacing issues can occur on isolated browser types. Here are some screen shots of problems that I found in Safari on a Mac. I also suggest making every incidence of your address a clickable link to your location on google maps or other map service. Consider placing your address in the home page header. I feel that the number one reason folks call up a website is to find the phone number, address and/or hours. For this reason, I think those three items should be featured and quickly found. I also think you should just go ahead and list the hours everywhere you have the link "store hours." I think that needing the extra click to see the hours is annoying. Lastly, I would make the photographs of the store more of a thumbnail size that can be clicked on to see the large full resolution photo. The pages will look more tidy this way. The "everyone is racing to atomic" photograph could be about half the size or even smaller. It's confusing and distracting to have a race car so prominently displayed. It should be more of an accent than a feature. Hope this helps!

Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

Thank you I will definitely make some changes. I use to have the store hours on every page but due to the nature of our business our hours change this time of year almost every two weeks and it was very time consuming to change all the pages. One item this site needs is a search engine which I have not found available
I'm not sure how to create a search engine for my site.  Can you help?  Thanks
Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

I am also looking for guidance for a search engine on my site
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

Try putting the hours in a section that appears on every page like a header (or footer). Select the section, under “size and position” toggle the selector for “show on all pages” like in this screenshot. Searchable would be great. I have that function on my Wordpress site. Hopefully, homestead will add that feature.
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

Try putting the hours in a section that appears on every page like a header (or footer). Select the section, under “size and position” toggle the selector for “show on all pages” like in this screenshot. Searchable would be great. I have that function on my Wordpress site. Hopefully, homestead will add that feature.
Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

I am working with sitebuilder, the down loaded version. Online sitebuilder plus has way to many quirks. sitebuilder does not have "size and position like editor version. to change to editor I believe I would have to start website from scratch. which would be hundreds of hours
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

Does the downloaded version have this tab?
Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

no I also checked sitebuilder plus and it does not have anything between the page setting and insert tabs. nor any where else on the system. sitebuilder is very old I think I started in 2009
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

That screenshot is from the site builder plus editor. The one available within the web browser.
Photo of Steve6196

Steve6196

here is my site builder plus

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.