February 3rd, 2015 Network Outage

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This issue is resolved and we are archiving this topic

We apologize for the brief service outage that occurred this evening. Everything should be back online now. We apologize for the inconvenience
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is going on with homestead.com?.

I cannot access my website at all.  I cannot access through homestead design tools either. What is happening??? Day after day problems. I get homestead.com home page and all sales information, but no access to my web design. What is the problem?
Photo of Ian4943

Ian4943

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CANNOT VIEW WEBSITES OR ACCESS SITE BUILDER..

What is going on? I have several websites with homestead over 10 years. I cannot view any of my websites online. They are all saying unavailable. They were all up yesterday. I cannot even login it to site builder. This is very upsetting and unprofessional. I have people looking at my websites on a daily basis.
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

If you have the "inside scoop," is this something that is actually resolved, does anyone know what happened, and if so, what was the cause? I have clients that depend on me and I cannot go online with a web vendor that is undependable. For the last week, the Homestead account has been slow, behaving oddly at times, and now, totally inaccessible. Please respond.
Photo of Forrest2274

Forrest2274

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Server problems 2.3.2015.TU 6:41 pm Central.

There was some maintenance and now I can not use homestead. Are there any solutions?
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,718 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Your server issue just costed you a customer.

I currently run six websites through Homestead and am growing like a weed, am expecting to open 12 more by the end of the year. So I sat down tonight with time blocked out to create my newest site and this is what I get:

You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to
resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later.

I thought we had this behind us. I am trying out some other web hosts to see how they compare.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site down and so is homestead..

Drew/William!!!

my site is down and so is homestead log in page. what's the story?
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 856 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Now my website will not pull at all!?!?!.

Now my website will not pull at all!?!?!
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Tired of the apologies. I need to talk to someone that is in charge! I 100% need to be reimbursed for my troubles.
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 856 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP!!! Why is this system screwed up yet again???
Sitebuilder is not working.
HE...

HELP!!!
Why is this system screwed up yet again???
Sitebuilder is not working.
HELP!!!
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,914 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled All Sites Down Again.

Help...
Photo of Mel2727

Mel2727

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problems.

Cant log into email or update sites and all my sites are down. Not happy.
Photo of Tanya6573

Tanya6573

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my Website down??.

What is going on, I was not notified that my website would be down, I need my website up and running, applicants are trying to apply for my hiring posting...please advise!!

I get this error when trying to reach my site www.petpawsitive.ca  - HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Photo of Rebecca2297

Rebecca2297

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew, It has been a while since I have contacted you about the Ecommerce simple store and issues that I have been having.  For the most part they are resolved except for pictures.  I STILL CANNOT LOAD PICS.  I was able to load one 3 days ago but when I tried to load another one puff! all gone and back to not being able to load pics.  I have 82 items in the simple store with one only having a pic.  BAD!

The migration was quite a long time ago and there appear to be continued and on going problems.  Please advise when or if this will be resolved.  

Really trying to be patient but I am starting to lose this a bit.  

What can you tell me?

Thanks Drew.  
Photo of Kristi4981

Kristi4981

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Drew - Sorry bud, still getting Error messages when trying to Save or Publish my website tonight. Says error code 0x19 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is a different issue that requires separate investigation

Please reference the new conversation here: Error message when saving or publishing
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,914 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I need to be refreshed again... durandnow.com, corunnanow.com, upshia.com, stricklandnow.com, faithbaptistdurand.com, oopsphotography.com, railroadcitydesign.com
Photo of Joseph8367

Joseph8367

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sorry, Drew.........it is NOT fixed.  It's been working slow all week and tonight has been taking five to six tries for each simple save and publish attempt.  What a waste of time.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joseph8367,

This topic applies only to about one hour this evening. If you are having other issues, please feel free to post a new topic with the specifics and we can begin looking in to it.
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

This evening I could not access my website or sitebuilder. After Drew's comment, I waited and have tried to go on again. If I open my website, it is there - finally. HOWEVER, if I go to sitebuilder, which I can now access, my website design page opens to a gray grid with no graphics.

NOW, what is the problem? I am really afraid to do anything for fear of losing the last three weeks of work. HELP!!!!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Judith4708

What page? It comes up for me. Sometimes, when this happens, you can click on Page settings, then on Background, Links, and Footers. Toggle the background from  color to image and then back to color
(Edited)
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

I tried, only gray grid page instead of opening to the Index page. Closed out Sitebuilder, came back, closed out, went back to Sitebuilder. Finally opened to the website. Imported two small images, got the can't save error message that has been referred to elsewhere. Closed out again. Now, just tried to go on Sitebuilder again, and got the error message "Your request failed due to a network or server issue...."  

What is wrong with homestead.com?

Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

I've tried again, finally got on, added two graphics, error message about save, cancelled the graphic; now, tried to add a small .png file - Sitebuilder locks up. After several minutes, the only way to continue is to close the tab and restart.
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

And, now I've tried again, more of the same, won't load graphics, error messages, won't save. One more item: transparent graphics are not uploading properly. So frustrating. This is not me, my website, or the graphics...it is homestead.com. I cannot waste any more time today. I will try again tomorrow, but I cannot justify much more time on this. I am paid substantially by the hour as a designer. Three weeks of work already - and now an unusable website.
Photo of Sandy2762

Sandy2762

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also cannot access some of my websites - keep getting the following error  -

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

This is stupid - I just worked on sites over the weekend - what is going on?????
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

Martin, I probably would not have said it this same way, but you are right. Where are the responsible execs here? Is anyone in charge? I have a vision of a bunch of bumper cars in a server somewhere, all crashing into each other. What the heck!
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

The service we are dealing with is so bad, wish I could give up? If there was some way to put the sorry people that have taken over Homestead crash and burn I would finance the whole deal!

MDB

Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

We seem to be witnessing crash and burn that they are in charge of themselves. Obviously, the only thing they seem to be in charge of. : (

I have been very happy with Homestead in the past. I can only think this new server has been a royal mistake for them.

Photo of Mileen3055

Mileen3055

• 2,456 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site down.

My Watch Dogs said:
RECOVERY ALERT
Your website is no longer on error.

URL: http://www.poodle-mix-puppies.com/index.html 
Time: 2015-02-03 20:49:16 -0500 
Time On Error: 32 minutes 27 seconds

It was down for 32 minutes and 27 seconds!! This will hurt my Rank!! 

Please get this together!!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: cant find web site.

THIS IS FAR FROM THE SAME TOPIC!! This has nothing to do with sitebuilder not uploading the website!!!! I do NOT receive any errors while trying to upload a page on sitebuilder!!!
HOW DID I KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN???
(Edited)
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Mileen3055,

Your Watch Dog service was informing you about the recent outage that occurred. I merged your post with the post we created about the recent outage. We apologize for the inconvenience, as all systems should be running now. 
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,718 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Not working....AGAIN!!!!
Photo of Donald4889

Donald4889

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It seems that the server may be having issues this evening. I'll check back later, but the issue isn't on my end, as I can connect to the Internet and myriad sites.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.