Featured images

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive conversations.

Is there a way to get my featured image to display as the preview thumbnail for all of my pages, including the ones without images?
Photo of Village

Village

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can use the following instructions to set the OG image for your pages. You would need to do this for every page.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_specify_the_image_used_by_facebook_for_shares_and_likes
Photo of Village

Village

did that already, the problem is the image is not on this particular page. I want to use the image from the home page. So I would need to know if I can do this on a page WITHOUT an image, this is the page I am working with. https://villagechristiancoop.com/Sche...
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Yes, it does not matter if the image is on the specific page you are referring to.
Photo of Village

Village

So there is NO WAY to do it without an image on the specified page?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

No, as I said, it doesn't matter if the image is on the specific page. Meaning, it doesn't have to be.
Photo of Village

Village

Sorry, the way you worded it, it didn't make sense. So if you don't mind checking my code, I have the correct meta tag in the head section. and it's still not working. https://villagechristiancoop.com/Sche...
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

OK, I have been troubleshooting this for probably the last 45 minutes and there were a couple things I changed that I thought was causing the issue. The image didn't show as published in the file manager so I published that. Then, the image URL you had was different than what we should be using. It should be domain.com/imagename.jpg. I tried to update this for you, but the image wasn't showing at that URL like it should. To fix this, I downloaded the image, resized it, and reuploaded it without any special characters in the name. The image URL was working at this point, so I placed it in the code. I used the Facebook debugger tool and it was still not working.
Finally, we discovered the issue and I'll show you in the image below because it is difficult to explain. Code is very particular. When I was fixing the image URL in your code, I just replaced the URL, not the whole string of code. Well, it seems when you pasted that code in, it was from a program that uses stylized quotation marks. In the image below, you'll see the code that you pasted first. Then, the code that I finally replaced it with. You'll see the small difference in the quotation marks. That is what was causing this issue in the end. It is funny how finicky code can be, but I'm glad it is working now.

Photo of Village

Village

Thank you very much!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.