Favicon has changed

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can I setup a favicon for when my website is bookmarked?

Hi Drew I noticed a few days ago that my homestead Build, Make Create your own website site has my Bank favicon instead of the usual Homestead favicon? Very odd.

Thanks,

Louise

Photo of Louise6777

Louise6777

• 728 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Louise,

I don't see the favicon code on your homepage. Also, I see a page called faviconico, but not a file called favicon.ico. Do you have an ico file?
Photo of Louise6777

Louise6777

Hi Drew its not on my homepage. I have the homestead site on my favourites bar and on that bar it has the royal bank favicon logo instead of the usual homestead favicon. Weird!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is odd. It shouldn't show anything. The favorites bar should display a specified favicon based on code on your homepage. I am not sure why it is showing anything without the code.
Photo of Louise6777

Louise6777

If I type in www.homestead.com and press enter. In the tab it shows the

Homestead\ Get a site, Get fou...

and instead of the small homestead icon Red circle with a house inside (to the left) it has my Royal Bank logo.

It is not my homepage I am talking about it is the Homestead.com site that this happens to.

Here is a screen shot. Look at the third right tab up and notice a square blue logo instead of the homestead logo.

Thanks Louise

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure why that has happened. It is not the case for me. I will try to look into this, but I imagine it has to be an issue on that computer. Do you have a second computer you can try?
Photo of Louise6777

Louise6777

Thanks Drew. On the Favicon topic, how do I add a favicon to my website? You mentioned a code that was needed? Louise

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.