Extremely important domain information

• Announcement
  • Updated 22 hours ago
  • (Edited)
Please read through this topic carefully, as the instructions must be followed in full to reactivate your domain.

If your website and email are not working, please check your domain status. This is done using a Whois Lookup. Enter your domain name and go through the CAPTCHA challenge, then click continue. Look for the domain status. If you see clientHold, then your domain has probably been suspended.

When a domain is registered you agree to maintain current contact information on the domain. ICANN, the governing body of domains, instituted a new policy in 2016; any updates will be required to be verified by the domain owner within 15 days, or the domain will be suspended until successful verification is completed.

If the email address is changed, then you MUST receive and verify the change from BOTH the old and new addresses.
It is critical for everyone that you double check the contact information on your domains, especially the email address. After you update any domain information, look for the verification email(s) and follow the instructions provided. If you have access to both the old and new email address, this is a very simple process.

If your domain is suspended, you will need to log into your Homestead account, proceed to the Domain page, and update the contact information to trigger a new verification email(s). If you update the email address, you will have to verify from both the old and new. NEVER use an email address associated with the domain that is already suspended. Please note in addition to updating the email address, a postal code and a state/province are also required.

This is not a Homestead policy, this also applies to all top level domains(TLDs). To ensure your website and email stays active, you can log into your account and update the domain information today if necessary.

View the screenshots below to see how to update the information. You will need to make the update if your domain is suspended, even if you are unable to check the old email address that was originally associated with the domain.

1) Log into your account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on the domains tab, find the domain in question, and click the Edit Contact Info.

2) All the information in this picture is REQUIRED, except phone ext, fax number, and Address Line 2. If you live in a country that doesn't use the postal code, go to http://www.google.com and search for: postal code (insert your address) You must have a valid postal code. Your email address must be one you are currently able to log in to. Click Save

3) Keep an eye on your email. Usually within an hour you will receive an email asking you to verify the information There is a link on the email. You will be taken to a web page. You must click on the verify button. Once done, usually the domain will be up and running within the hour, but in some cases it can take up to 48 hours for all services to resume.

If you can't check the old email address, please continue reading.

If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. To prove ownership, you will need to send a color copy of a government issued ID, the best is a driver's license that has the same address as the domain. Additional information may also be required if you updated the physical address or your license does not match the domain address. In each case you will need to prove the old and new information. You can do this by sending a copy of an old utility bill or other document. Compliance will respond to you in 24-48 hours. If the information you provide is not sufficient, then they will request something else.

Additional note: ICANN periodically sends emails to the domain owner. If your email address is out of date then you will not receive this email. If it bounces back to ICANN, your 15 days has begun. They will send several more emails to you, but you will not receive them at the defunct address. Your domain will be suspended, so please check the information on your domain and keep it current at all times.

Thank you from
Your Homestead Support Team
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,974 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Melissa0032

Melissa0032

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't find our website?? www.livingstoneengineering.com.

Payments are up to date so not sure why I can't find our website when doing an internet search
Photo of Paula8898

Paula8898

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled All of a sudden no one is able to open our website..

When trying to open our website, www.rosariossalon.com, it won't open and doesn't even show up in searches
Photo of Paula8898

Paula8898

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled we are not receiving any email.

We are not receiving any emails from any of our email accounts connected to our websites nor are we able to open our website.

MarkEdwards@mrebuilding.com

info@RosariosSalon.com

PaulaEdwards@RosariosSalon.com

www.RosariosSalon.com

www.mrebuilding.com
Photo of Eric4204

Eric4204

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled IP address can not be found when looking at the website or sending emails.
Photo of Drew N

Eric4204, please read the original post at the top. It explains everything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Photo of Jay2996

Jay2996

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email is not working.

I have been trying to send emails this morning and its giving me error message that the server is down. 
Photo of Mark6495

Mark6495

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MY web site is down for some reason. Can you check on it? My customers cannot ac....

MY web site is down for some reason. Can you check on it?  My customers cannot access information.  gpdrivers.net
Photo of S3019

S3019

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Status:clientHold - why?.

My site is dead. It was working fine until yesterday when, suddenly for no reason, the nameservers got changed and the status changed to clienthold. I have done nothing and the domain is paid up till August this year. Homestead customer "support" claims there's nothing wrong with it....
Photo of Carrie2236

Carrie2236

• 218 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website and emails not working for four days!!!!!!.

Since Wednesday my website www.surferspoint.com is no longer showing on the internet and the two email accounts I have associated with it are no longer sending or receiving emails......these email address are used for work and are very important....help please ASAP!
Photo of Alana2104

Alana2104

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site is published but when trying to access the webpage, an error says site canno....

when trying to pull up fletcherrentalproperties.com, there is an error saying the site cannot be reached.
Photo of Alana2104

Alana2104

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site is published but when trying to access the webpage, it says servers IP addre....

site is published but when trying to access the webpage, it says servers IP address could not be found.
Photo of Edmond6895

Edmond6895

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain is not working.

My domain is not working and getting a 'This site can’t be reached' message.
Photo of Edmond6895

Edmond6895

My contact info is completely updated on my account page and I sent an e-mail to compliance.  I attached a scan of my driver's license to the e-mail.  It has the same address as the address on my account page.
Photo of Alana2104

Alana2104

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled site is published but when trying to access the webpage, an error says site canno....

I updated our email address, I rec'd the confirmation email and clicked on the link.  it said we should be able to access our account no later than 48 hours.  We still do no have a website.
Photo of Drew N

Alana2104, I have updated this topic a bit, but unfortunately, with the inaccessible email, I am not able to resolve this, neither can phone support. You must go through compliance@homesteadsupport.com to get reactivated. Once you have emailed them requested information, you can post here to tell me the address you sent from. I can look to confirm they have received it. I can also look to see if I think you need to send more.
(Edited)
Photo of paul1169

paul1169

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

my domain is on hold and I can't get into my web site, paulflo.com. I have tried to edit my contact information with homestead and am being told to try later. I need a verification email sent to me, so I can get back to my site.

domain name is paulflo.com

Photo of Drew N

Do you have access to the att email address? If so I have resent the verification to that address.
Photo of Nigel7198

Nigel7198

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website down.

Website down: oasismansfield.net
No changes made within account
Account billing up to date and fully paid
Can anyone help?
Photo of rawsugarplum9059

rawsugarplum9059

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I pressed published and my website did not publish at all. Can I have some help?.

I clicked published and I wanted to view my website. I tried viewing it and I got a page error. I am having mixed feelings right now. 
Photo of SPC

SPC

I can't find where to update the contact info to have the verification email sent again. And if this post is answered how will I get notified? 
the domain is sherandopres.org
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

SPC, Your domain is pointed to Homestead. You must update the domain through the current domain registration service provider. In your case it is Verizon Online.
Photo of Scott8352

Scott8352

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain not existing.

I updated my site and published, but when I try to go to the site (phba.net) it says it does not exist
Photo of Roger A.2899

Roger A.2899

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my website not coming up?.

Many interesting ideas on promoting our websites! But can you tell me why my site has been shut down and when this occurred? Roger A. Naylor (www.rogeranaylor.com) rogisnow@gmail.com 
In checking this out, I couldn't help but notice a new attitude: "We talk, you listen. But you don't talk to us."  Phone number pretty well hidden.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Your Website is Just the Beginning of Your Digital Presence.
Photo of Steve2600

Steve2600

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled what happened to our domain?.

Our email stopped functioning yesterday, did a check at mxtoolbox.com, results say that the domain does not exist, and there is no dns record published for our domain. We are completely down and we rely on our email, it is very crucial to our business.
Photo of Carol3850

Carol3850

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled URL Problems....

we've had the domain swissstarsaints.com for years.
now all of a sudden only swisstar.homestead.com will work, and i can't change it! what do i do???
Photo of William6103

William6103

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site will not show up.

My name is (Bill) William Marsh One of my web sites wont come up, gives a page something about a DNS error or something. www.gowithgodsspeed.com is the site. Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

William6103, your domain is suspended. You can read the instructions at the top of the page to see how to fix it.
Photo of Carol3850

Carol3850

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Drew N, I've followed these steps, but now www.swissstarsaints.com just talks about how theres too many redirects?
Photo of Drew N

Hi Carol3850, I have this fixed for you now.
Photo of Geoff4445

Geoff4445

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Web site will not open.

Our web site www.southwestconference.net will not open. Tried on 3 different browsers, company wired network and personal I-phone. What's up?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 14,330 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Geoff4445

A quick lookup of your domain showed that it is on client hold. This post has the instructions you will need to follow to get this resolved. Let me know if you have any questions!
Photo of Lauraye2200

Lauraye2200

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled old domain name.

used the same domain name with homestead for 8 years now it wont direct to my site?? how do I get it to direct back using original domain name
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Lauraye2200

I can see that your domain is on client hold. The instructions in this post will help you get this resolved.
Photo of Jonathan4104

Jonathan4104

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I manage a website for my sister-in-law (helenleach.com). I have been unable to ....

I manage a website for my sister-in-law (helenleach.com). Over the last few days I have been unable to access this and have checked my account where all payment details are in order etc. Is there a reason for this please?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Jonathan4104

It looks like your domain is on client hold. You can find information about this domain status and how to resolve this issue in the article above.