Extremely important domain information

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • (Edited)
Please read through this topic carefully, as the instructions must be followed in full to reactivate your domain.

If your website and email are not working, please check your domain status. This is done using a Whois Lookup. Enter your domain name and go through the CAPTCHA challenge, then click continue. Look for the domain status. If you see clientHold, then your domain has probably been suspended.

When a domain is registered you agree to maintain current contact information on the domain. ICANN, the governing body of domains, instituted a new policy in 2016; any updates will be required to be verified by the domain owner within 15 days, or the domain will be suspended until successful verification is completed.

If the email address is changed, then you MUST receive and verify the change from BOTH the old and new addresses.
It is critical for everyone that you double check the contact information on your domains, especially the email address. After you update any domain information, look for the verification email(s) and follow the instructions provided. If you have access to both the old and new email address, this is a very simple process.

If your domain is suspended, you will need to log into your Homestead account, proceed to the Domain page, and update the contact information to trigger a new verification email(s). If you update the email address, you will have to verify from both the old and new. NEVER use an email address associated with the domain that is already suspended. Please note in addition to updating the email address, a postal code and a state/province are also required.

This is not a Homestead policy, this also applies to all top level domains(TLDs). To ensure your website and email stays active, you can log into your account and update the domain information today if necessary.

View the screenshots below to see how to update the information. You will need to make the update if your domain is suspended, even if you are unable to check the old email address that was originally associated with the domain.

1) Log into your account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on the domains tab, find the domain in question, and click the Edit Contact Info.

2) All the information in this picture is REQUIRED, except phone ext, fax number, and Address Line 2. If you live in a country that doesn't use the postal code, go to http://www.google.com and search for: postal code (insert your address) You must have a valid postal code. Your email address must be one you are currently able to log in to. Click Save

3) Keep an eye on your email. Usually within an hour you will receive an email asking you to verify the information There is a link on the email. You will be taken to a web page. You must click on the verify button. Once done, usually the domain will be up and running within the hour, but in some cases it can take up to 48 hours for all services to resume.

If you can't check the old email address, please continue reading.

If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. To prove ownership, you will need to send a color copy of a government issued ID, the best is a driver's license that has the same address as the domain. Additional information may also be required if you updated the physical address or your license does not match the domain address. In each case you will need to prove the old and new information. You can do this by sending a copy of an old utility bill or other document. Compliance will respond to you in 24-48 hours. If the information you provide is not sufficient, then they will request something else.

Additional note: ICANN periodically sends emails to the domain owner. If your email address is out of date then you will not receive this email. If it bounces back to ICANN, your 15 days has begun. They will send several more emails to you, but you will not receive them at the defunct address. Your domain will be suspended, so please check the information on your domain and keep it current at all times.

Thank you from
Your Homestead Support Team
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 252,538 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ali8316

Ali8316

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my website is down I don't know why
url:www.alsari-kw.com
Photo of James2661

James2661

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Web Site Not Opening Up.

Customers have told us that when they launch our website they get an "website can't be found..." message.  When I tried to launch it, this is where it goes:  http://dnserrorassist.att.net/search/?q=http%3A//www.wildwoodoutdoorescape.com/&r=&t=0  What may we do to resolve this issue?
Photo of Chris4221

Chris4221

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am not receiving any emails?.

I haven’t been getting any new mail for almost a week?
Photo of Tom3932

Tom3932

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hello, I am unable to view my website. I keep getting Search results..

unable to find www.houlahanstav.com
Photo of Daniel5753

Daniel5753

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I log on to my website, it goes to a Spectrum site. My website won't come u....

My site is www.danwegertennis.com.  It's been down for at least a couple of days.
Photo of Drew N

Daniel5753, You will need to update the information on the domain. ICANN has a hold on it right now.
Photo of Karen3153

Karen3153

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Server DNS address can not be found..

Error message so Website  and email is down.  Cedartracehoa.com's server DNS address can not be found.  This site can not be reached.
Photo of Marilyn8305

Marilyn8305

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website down. deerpee.com it is hunting season and our website it down!!~!~!!!!.

Website down. deerpee.com it is hunting season and our website it down!!~!~!!!!
Photo of Marilyn8305

Marilyn8305

I do not have access to my old email. Beyond my control the company was sold out and all email service were cut. This happened with 2 of my other website on squarespace.com and they just talked me through getting it resolved. why is nobody helping us here? no chat response for 2 days in a row. Chat window open right now again for day 3 and no response. we pay here yearly and we cannot access our website neither can customers. Please help!!!!
Photo of Drew N

If you do not have access to the old email, per the instructions above, you must email compliance with the required information.

Update as of December 2016: If you update the email address, ICANN now requires that you receive and verify from links sent to both the old and new email address. If you have access to both, you can complete the process. If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. You will need to provide proof of ownership. The best way is to include a copy of your driver's license with the same address as the address on the domain. If you don't have the same address, then also include a utility bill in the company name and the address. If they need more information, they will advise you as to what they need.
Photo of Drew N

I am sorry, but chat was discontinued some time ago as it was not being utilized.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/important-announcement-concerning-chat-support
Photo of Marilyn8305

Marilyn8305

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website down and we have no access to old email. Chat will not respond,.

Our Website is down and we cannot get it back up because we no longer have access to our@chipvalley.com email. Chippvalley.com was bought out a year and a half ago and we have no recourse to access that email.  Right now is our busiest season and only season. we need out website up now. please help!
Photo of Paul4520

Paul4520

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website Down.

my website has been down for over a week...my customers are complaining. What is the problem?? My site is www.hammerlures.com
Photo of Gina4378

Gina4378

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Our website has been down for over 2 weeks because our domain contact info needed to be updated and we no longer have access to the old email. I have followed the instructions I was given by tech support and sent the necessary documents twice but still no response and no site! What is the holdup? www.truckerbizservices.com
Photo of Drew N

What email address did you send the information from? and to? I will see if I can find it for you. It should not take that long, unless they requested additional information from you or they did not receive it, but I will look.
Photo of Gina4378

Gina4378

I used compliance@homesteadsupport.com. This was the address I was given by Tech Support. They never asked me for additional information but I was told by this same tech that I needed to send supporting address docs and a driver's license for the owner of the site. I would appreciate your help as we are tearing our hair out trying to work with ur clients without this site!
Photo of Drew N

That is the correct address, but I also need the address you sent from
Photo of Drew N

I found it. I see the license came in on October 31st. I am contacting them to see if we can release the suspension now.
Photo of Gina4378

Gina4378

Thank you so much!
Photo of Drew N

I am going to send you an email. The information required does not match.
Photo of Gina4378

Gina4378

I followed the directions I was given and changed the info on the domain contact area. This is the info that I have sent to Compliance. They do match unless you are not seeing the current info.
Photo of KarenM

KarenM

• 458 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website cannot be found..

I've just discovered one of my websites appears to be down. Getting the following error message: "Sorry, the website www.dawsonconsulting-uk.com cannot be found."
Is anyone else experiencing the same? My other sites appear to be working OK. 
Photo of Drew N

KarenM, Please follow the instructions above.
Photo of C. Fred2572

C. Fred2572

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Once a year the federal agency that governs domains asks the domain owner to verify the address.  They use you email address that you had on file a year ago.  If you changed email addresses, they will not receive your reply and will shut down your website.  The frustrating part is that Homestead knows that the domain agency will shut you down and even though Homestead has your correct email address, they won't bother contacting you on behalf of the domain agency.  If you call Homestead they will put you in touch with the agency to correct the problems. GIANT PAIN!
Photo of Drew N

Your account email and domain contact email are not set in the same place and it is not Homestead's place to assume you want them to be the same. Many people do not want them to be the same.

The level of difficulty depends mostly on if you still have access to the old email address. If you do not you will need to send some information to compliance@homesteadsupport.com, as described above. If you do still have access to the old address it should be very simple for you to verify, by following the instructions above.
Photo of KarenM

KarenM

Hi Drew,
Having been totally oblivious to this issue I now see how this situation has occurred. I was aware my client had changed his email address some time ago but had no idea of the problem this would cause with ICANN. 
I have just followed the instructions and amended the email address for that domain to my own. However, I'm now getting this error message from Homestead! "We are currently unable to register your domain. Please try again at a later time."
I have retried 3 times now, with no luck. What else is going wrong?
Photo of Drew N

I am not sure, but will take a look. It does not appear to have updated. Can you tell me the new email address? Does someone have access to the old email address? If you don't want to post it publicly, please create a new, private topic.
Photo of KarenM

KarenM

Hi Drew,
I've posted a private message to let you know the change of email address for that domain.
In the meantime, the same problem is occurring, with the message "Sorry, the website www.dawsonconsulting-uk.com cannot be found." Getting quite worrying now. 
Photo of KarenM

KarenM

Hi Drew,
As instructed 6 days ago I sent you a private message with the change of email address I'd put in for that domain. I haven't heard back and the website is still down. 
I now can't find the message I sent, so maybe you didn't receive it?
My client is now getting desperate so I'm letting you know he relevant email address on here: mux@btinternet.com
I'd be grateful if this could be looked into as a matter of urgency.
Many thanks,
Karen.
Photo of Drew N

I am sorry Karen, I do not see any private topic here that you created. I am not sure what happened with that. Do they still have access to chris@daw-con.fsnet.co.uk? I have updated the address, but it still needs to be verified. Hopefully the verification only goes to mux@btinternet.com, but it might also go to chris@daw-con.fsnet.co.uk. Let me know if they get one at mux@btinternet.com and can verify using the link, then I can check to see if the domain reactivates. If it hasn't then you will need to follow the instructions below as it appears that the chris@daw-con.fsnet.co.uk address no longer exists.

Update as of December 2016: If you update the email address, ICANN now requires that you receive and verify from links sent to both the old and new email address. If you have access to both, you can complete the process. If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. You will need to provide proof of ownership. The best way is to include a copy of your driver's license with the same address as the address on the domain. If you don't have the same address, then also include a utility bill in the company name and the address. If they need more information, they will advise you as to what they need.
Photo of Thomas0328

Thomas0328

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled server DNS address could not be found for my website.

When you try to view our website pba369.com it says:

This site can’t be reached pba369.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

HELP!
Photo of Drew N

Thomas0328, follow the instructions above and let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of maria5345

maria5345

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My domain name isn't resolving.

When I check it online it doesn't appear to be propagating

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/cravem...
Photo of Paul8759

Paul8759

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email / website down.

our email for our accounts are not working at all, we cant send or receive. also our website cant not be found
Photo of Drew N

Your domain is suspended by ICANN. Your email and website will not function, so you can't use a contact email @doitallelectrical.com since you will not receive the email you need to receive to verify the domain. You are going to need to read the update at the top of this page and contact compliance@homesteadsupport.com with the suggested information to get the domain unsuspended.

Photo of chris2690

chris2690

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email not working.

my email at info@cg-contractors is not working. When people send to it they get it back with a message error email does not exist.
Photo of Sir9310

Sir9310

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I get page not found for the site that I get a free domain from homestead with..

Lesecuriesjacob.com is the name of the site.  I had a free domain name with my package and I've had this domain name for many years and now it's no longer active.  My other pages for other sites are still viewable and can still see but the main "index" page for lesecuriesjacob I can no longer see it online or even any of the other pages in this site.  I get the "page not found" instead.  I can still open sitebuilder and edit the pages just not view it once published.  I've not moved the index page anywhere.  I paid my renewal 2 months ago.  I've only just noticed this site and not check it regularly.  would prefer you reply to denismanon833@gmail.com if you're a homestead tech.

This is the error message when I try to publish:

http://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_Login/Login.dll?CMD=CMDLowIntegrityLogin&TARGET=http%3A%2...

Thanks,
Photo of Rodrigo2807

Rodrigo2807

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled all my email accounts are down.

I have a Mac, my email is not working, internet is working fine
Photo of Christofer2032

Christofer2032

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website DOWN!!!!!.

Our website is down because there is a problem with our domain server, which is Homestead (your company).
Www.hylandorchard.com
There is no number to call, no Chat to start.
We need help ASAP!
HylandSpecialEvents@gmail.com
OR secondary
Cdamon2011@hotmail.com
ASAP
THANK YOU
Photo of Patrice7857

Patrice7857

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Web site not working.

Problem with www.sgconsultinginc.com. Web site won’t load and email being returned with note saying web site doesn’t exist.
Photo of emetz07

emetz07

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My domain is not working.

We are encountering the same issue. Can you please take a look at our site also?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: I purchased a domian name from Homestead and it says its pointed to my website bu....
Photo of Todd6209

Todd6209

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Our website doesn't come up and our email is not working..

We can log into our email and see old mail, but we cannot send or receive new emails. our website is not coming up either.

Photo of chris2690

chris2690

We have the same problem at info@cg-contractors.com . Please look into it.
Photo of Drew N

chris2690, the original post at the top of the page, explains what has happened and how you can fix it. Please follow the instructions and you can get the domain unsuspended.
Photo of chris2690

chris2690

I have done everything it has said at the top of the page and it has been over a week and nothing is working yet. please fix it.
Photo of Drew N

I do not see a verification. You must verify the change in information from BOTH addresses. ch******@verizon.net and ch**************@gmail.com. Have you received an email at both addresses and clicked the link to verify? If not, you must do so. If you do not have access to the old address, which is the Verizon, then you need to refer to the December 2016 update in the original post.

This is not something I can fix for you. Everything must be done through the 2 contact emails. If you have already emailed information to compliance, then tell me what address you sent it from and I will make sure they have received it and if possible hurry things along for you.
Photo of chris2690

chris2690

the ch******@verizon.net is not active. I have no way to get to it.
Photo of Drew N

Once you have emailed them, let me know the address you sent from and I will see what I can do.
Photo of Todd6209

Todd6209

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

I have access to both and haven't received anything from anyone except you.

Photo of Drew N

It looks like you got it verified now Todd6209
Photo of Nancy1656

Nancy1656

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled server IP address could not be found.

When I try to navigate to my website keep getting "server IP address could not be found" message.  My website is www.nancyjanesjewelry.com.