Extremely important domain information

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
When a domain is registered you agree to maintain current contact information on the domain. ICANN, the governing body of domains has instituted a new policy this year. Any updates will be required to be verified by the domain owner within 15 days or the domain will be suspended until successful verification is completed.

ICANN periodically sends emails to the domain owner. If your email address is out of date then you will not receive this email. If it bounces back to ICANN, your 15 days has begun. They will send several more emails to you, but you will not receive them at the defunct address. Your domain will be suspended.

Everyone, it is critical that you double check the contact information on your domains. Especially the email address. After you update, look for the verification email and follow the instructions. It is extremely simple and critically important to keep your website and email active.

If your domain is suspended, you will need to log into your domain hosting account, and update something in the contact information to trigger a new verification email. The new email address must be one that you are able to check now. Do not use an email address at your suspended domain. Please note that in addition to updating the email address, a postal code and a state/province are also required.

This is not a Homestead policy. This applies to all domains, so get your data current and keep your website and email active by updating your information today.

Update as of December 2016: If you update the email address, ICANN now requires that you receive and verify from links sent to both the old and new email address. If you have access to both, you can complete the process. If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. You will need to provide proof of ownership. The best way is to include a copy of your driver's license with the same address as the address on the domain. If you don't have the same address, then also include a utility bill in the company name and the address. If they need more information, they will advise you as to what they need.

1) Log in to your account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on the domains tab, find the domain in question and click the edit contact info.

2) All the information in this picture is REQUIRED. If you live in a country that doesn't use the postal code, go to http://www.google.com and seach for: postal code (insert your address) You must have a valid postal code. Your email address must be one you are currently able to log in to. Click Save

3) Keep an eye on your email. Usually within an hour you will receive an email asking you to verify the information There is a link on the email. You will be taken to a web page. You must click on the verify button. Once done, usually the domain will be up and running within the hour, but in some cases it can take up to 48 hours for all services to resume.

Thank you from

Your Homestead Support Team
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 240,588 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Walter Toner

Walter Toner

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Drew N

Hi Walter. Your domain was suspended by ICANN. Please read this topic for the explanation and solution.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

• 1,892 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
he is using chrome and firefox and just gets the red error of "you may of entered a wrong ID please remember it is case sensitive." 
Photo of Drew N

it should not be. Is he entering the entire email address as the user name?
Photo of Kelly O'Brien Gavin

Kelly O'Brien Gavin

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Incoming emails not being received since July 28, 2017 - Please help.

All messages show that my email account is working but in outlook and on the homestead site I haven't received any incoming emails since July 28th, this is not correct as I have received several calls that I have not responded to emails sent to that address.  Please advise 
Photo of Drew N

That domain is on hold by ICANN. Follow these instructions to resolve the issue.
Photo of Edward1824

Edward1824

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't log into my website. My browser keeps telling me this: The DNS name does....

The DNS name does not exist.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
Photo of Pradeep8081

Pradeep8081

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why do i need to use xxx.homestead.com instead of xxx.com to view my website?.

I am having difficulty with my web site. the original url doesn't work..
Photo of Jo Ann0384

Jo Ann0384

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website has.homestead.com.

HELP please!  I had my website a long time...haven't been active on it lately.  while googling the website some one told me it wouldn't come up....when i googled it, it shows as http://laidbackracing.homestead.com/  why?
Photo of FLYRFLY

FLYRFLY

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New Email Un-Routable NOT Working.

New email says it is set up but nothing sends and anything that anyone tries to send me is returned as un-routable!!!
Photo of Robin9490

Robin9490

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't send and receive email since yesterday morning 5am, notification, domain ca....

can't receive or send in domain cdrinc.net. Nothing has changed, notification is that the domain cdrinc can't be found. 24 hour issue.
Photo of Tracey5709

Tracey5709

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available".

My site has been unavailable for several days.   When the URL is typed in, I'm redirected to this:  http://dnserrorassist.att.net/search/?q=http%3A//tomcollierlaw.com/&r=&t=0
yet multiple previews of my pages are shown in a search.  This has also caused my advertising to be paused.  This is costing us potential clients.  Direct #: 386-479-3753
Photo of Doug7312

Doug7312

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Confused About Domain Problem.

Confused!!! My site millardcounty.org has been down for a couple days. The domain is registered here with homestead.com and the site itself is hosted with Bluehost.com. Checking the settings at Homestead.com the name servers are still pointed correctly, however it says something about the domain having been transferred. Please let me know what I am missing or what we are doing wrong.
Photo of Monty2152

Monty2152

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website Not Loading Properly.

http://www.1stmaw.com/index.html will not load.  5 email accounts with this website will also not work.  Appears to be a problem with the pointers for this website not locating http://firstmaw.homestead.com/
Problem was noticed approximately one week ago.
Photo of Monty2152

Monty2152

8/31/17 As of today the problem still exists.  Followed your instructions to update my email address; however, no confirmation has been received.  Email does not work and search for 1stmaw.com returns an error.  Why isn't the search going to the website has it has in the past.  This is very frustrating since Homestead has had my correct email address & I never received an email from you folks indicating the contact information should be updated.  I would also like to talk to a customer service representative via phone.  Where is your phone number for customer service?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 42,798 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales:  1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998

Phone:
Mon-Fri 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)
Sat-Sun Closed

Community:
Homestead Techs available Mon - Fri
Community Members - Available 24x7
Photo of Drew N

Support will not be able to assist at this point. It appears as though you no longer have access to the embarqmail address as the messages keep bouncing back. Per  the instruction at the top, as of December 2016, If you do not have access to the old address, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. You will need to provide proof of ownership. The best way is to include a copy of your driver's license with the same address as the address on the domain. If you don't have the same address, then also include a utility bill in the company name and the address. If they need more information, they will advise you as to what they need.

The email address on your account is different than the contact information on the domain. Many people want it this way, so you need to change them separately in order to keep the information current. We can't do this for you. Once you email the information let me know and I can make sure the received it, but this is what you will have to do.
Photo of Tabitha2284

Tabitha2284

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Our Nimmonsburg Youth Association Website is not coming up in searches and I am u....

I am unable to locate our Nimmonsburg Youth Association website online. When I went to login to the homestead website to find it I got a message that this website does not exsist.
Photo of Matthew4914

Matthew4914

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website domain suddenly showing "Domain Name not found" or "DNS address not found....

We have a website with a custom domain name, and for the past few days it isn't working. Going to the address or emailing to the domain both get "domain not found" messages. We actually have TWO websites, one of which is working fine, the other of which is not. I checked the account status, and I am up to date on my payments. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

The two domains in question are http://www.forestredoubt.com/ (dns not found) and http://www.politicsalabama.org/ (works just fine. Both websites were built and maintained by sitebuilder, both domains were purchased through Homestead, and the account is fully paid for the next year. 
Photo of Deb4673

Deb4673

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain trouble.

My email is not working. I received the following message on bounced email: Email cannot be "delivered to Deb@firstchurchnb.org because the domain firstchurchnb.org couldn't be found."
Homestead hosts our domain. HELP!
Photo of Raleigh L6128

Raleigh L6128

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Website hasnt been working for the last 3 Months. But your still taking my pa....

Both URLs not working

lpm-productions.com
daysof8ight.com
Photo of Drew N

Raleigh L6128, your domains were suspended by ICANN. This topic will explain why and how to resolve the issue.
Photo of Steve9735

Steve9735

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website and email down.

Good Morning. www.olanchafd.org is unreachable. Email is shut down. Have no idea why, but need it fixed. Has been down for about 2 months now. Have no idea what to do to get it up and running again.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled our emails are NOT working......

each email is slowly not working even when we go to the homestead website and log in on the webmail.....
Photo of Drew N

twiggy, ICANN has suspended your domain. You will need to follow the steps in this topic to resolve the issue.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Drew, all emails are up and running except one...frank@the-staffroom.com he not even log in using roundcube.....what is going on now?
Photo of Drew N

I was able to log in to Roundcube for that account. What browser is he using? Try a different one. If need be, update the password and try again. Can you tell me exactly what happens when he tries to log in? Error message?
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

I will ask him ....and I will also get him to clear his cookies...I will keep you posted.thank you
Photo of Drew N

There is a login issue with Roundcube that just came up, we are working on it. You may see an error connecting to the storage server.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

he is using chrome and firefox and just gets the red error of "you may of entered a wrong ID please remember it is case sensitive." 
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

DREW - I HAVE DONE THIS 7 DIFFERENT WAYS TO SUNDAY AND IT WOULD NOT SAVE FOR SOME REASON. I SPOKE TO SOMEONE AT HOMESTEAD THAT ASSURED ME IT WAS SAVED, REFERRING TO THE PROPER EMAIL TO BE SENT TO. NOT ONLY THAT THIS YEAR WE HAD THIS ISSUE WITH ANOTHER DOMAIN AND THUS WE WANT TO MAKE SURE IT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TO ANY OTHERS THAT WE HAVE WITH YOU. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP GET THIS DONE TOMORROW WE HAVE A 1.5 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT ON THE LINE!!
Photo of Drew N

Have you received the verification email and clicked the link? You should get one at both the old and the new email address. Looking at the logs, it seems that the old address may not exist. I see messages bouncing back. The physical address currently on the domain. Does it match your driver's license? If so, send a scanned copy of your driver's license to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. If the address does not match, please also scan a utility bill with the address on the domain and send it. Once sent, please post what email you sent from so I can take a look and try to push the process.
Photo of info3134

info3134

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled We are not receiving email on our account.

We haven't received email since 9/9/17.  How do we correct this problem?
Photo of Gerald6030

Gerald6030

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My web site is down and my email linked gb3design.com is not working? Not sure wh....
Photo of Bridgette5116

Bridgette5116

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website is not publishing. Please help..

When I post my site, I get the popup that my website is live. However, when I go to the web URL it's not coming up. I've been working on this for a week now and even with changes to the web template I'm having the same issue. Please help steer me in the right direction so that I can resolve this issue. Thanks. (url: www.restoringtheyearshouston.com)
Photo of Drew N

Bridgette5116, your domain is suspended as it has not been properly verified. It looks like you have a typo in the admin email address. Since you don't have access to that email, you will need to follow the instructions in the update at the top of the page and contact compliance.
Photo of myra1961

myra1961

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website is not showing up when I visit the url.

The url www.sculpturemyra.com returns nothing when visited. I have tried publishing my website multiple times.
Photo of Drew N

myra1961, ICANN suspended the domain. You need to follow the instructions above to resolve it.
Photo of twiggy

twiggy

Drew, we are still not getting all our emails.....
Photo of Drew N

This is no longer relevant to the original topic. Moving it to a new topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: We are not receiving all email.
Photo of Bonnie2974

Bonnie2974

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my website not working?.

I am not able to view my website nor can any of my customers. I am able to edit. Also the email is not correct.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website not loading.

my website is not loading when searched for. It says it does not exist.
Photo of Pete and Jess7906

Pete and Jess7906

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my website seems to have disappeared ? Please explain to me where it has gone?.

My website is not showing up. I've tried it with several different devices and had friends and family trying to google it with no luck.