Extremely important domain information

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Please read through this topic carefully, as the instructions must be followed in full to reactivate your domain.

If your website and email are not working, please check your domain status. This is done using a Whois Lookup. Enter your domain name and go through the CAPTCHA challenge, then click continue. Look for the domain status. If you see clientHold, then your domain has probably been suspended.

When a domain is registered you agree to maintain current contact information on the domain. ICANN, the governing body of domains, instituted a new policy in 2016; any updates will be required to be verified by the domain owner within 15 days, or the domain will be suspended until successful verification is completed.

If the email address is changed, then you MUST receive and verify the change to the new email address before the hold is lifted.
It is critical for everyone that you double check the contact information on your domains, especially the email address. After you update any domain information, look for the verification email and follow the instructions provided. If you are able to log in to your Homestead account, this is a very simple process.

If your domain is suspended, you will need to log into your Homestead account, proceed to the Domain tab, and update the contact information to trigger a new verification email. If you update the email address, you will have to verify that email address. NEVER use an email address associated with the domain that is already suspended. Please note in addition to updating the email address, a postal code and a state/province are also required.

This is not a Homestead policy, this also applies to all top level domains(TLDs). To ensure your website and email stays active, you can log into your account and update the domain information today if necessary.

View the screenshots below to see how to update the information.

1) Log into your account at http://www.homestead.com. Click on the domains tab, find the domain in question, and click the Edit Contact Info.

2) All the information in this picture is REQUIRED, except phone ext, fax number, and Address Line 2. If you live in a country that doesn't use the postal code, go to http://www.google.com and search for: postal code (insert your address) You must have a valid postal code. Your email address must be one you are currently able to log in to. Click Save

3) Keep an eye on your email. Usually within an hour you will receive an email asking you to verify the information There is a link on the email. You will be taken to a web page. You must click on the verify button. Once done, usually the domain will be up and running within the hour, but in some cases it can take up to 48 hours for all services to resume.
If you cannot log in to the account, please continue reading.

If you do not have access to the Homestead account, then you will need to send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com. To prove ownership, you will need to send a color copy of a government issued ID, the best is a driver's license that has the same address as the account. Additional information may also be required if you updated the physical address or your license does not match the address. In each case you will need to prove the old and new information. You can do this by sending a copy of an old utility bill or other document. Compliance will respond to you in 24-48 hours. If the information you provide is not sufficient, then they will request something else.

Additional note: ICANN periodically sends emails to the domain owner. If your email address is out of date then you will not receive this email. If it bounces back to ICANN, your 15 days has begun. They will send several more emails to you, but you will not receive them at the defunct address. Your domain will be suspended, so please check the information on your domain and keep it current at all times.

Thank you from
Your Homestead Support Team
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of brigantinebear6827

brigantinebear6827

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
the site will not load.

www.brigantinepolarbears.com is getting a server error message
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning, please follow these instructions to verify your domain name.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of dru9848

dru9848

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
why is my websight not working at all.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You will need to verify your domain information to resolve this.
Photo of dru9848

dru9848

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

how do I verify ?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi dru9848,

It looks like you contacted a chat representative.  Did you get this resolved?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tim3853

Tim3853

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unable to receive emails.

I have been unable to received emails for a little over two days now. The emails are being returned to the sender. Email accounts in question are tim@newcenturycsa.com and newcenturycsa@newcenturycsa.com.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Tim3853,

Your domain has been suspended by ICANN.  Please follow the instructions above to verify the contact information and the domain will be reactivated.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Margaret6651

Margaret6651

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Website down for the past few days, what's up?.

I can't seem to find anywhere to access Homestead support. My website, http://art-and-portraits-by-margaret.com, has been down for several days. This is my busy time of year and I sure don't need this site to be inaccessible, especially as much as I have to pay for it! Does anyone know what is up or where I can contact Support?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Margaret6651,

Your domain has been suspended by ICANN.  Please follow the instructions above to verify the domain information.  Make sure to look at the official response as well to ensure you change the information in the right spot.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Margaret6651

Margaret6651

Thank you Drew, however my domain provider is Homestead. I changed my email address several years back and Homestead did not send the info to ICANN because I see it is still my old address.
Photo of Margaret6651

Margaret6651

I have my website back now Drew, thank you very much. :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear it!
Photo of Margaret6651

Margaret6651

I was not thanking Homestead, nor INTUIT.  I was thanking Drew specifically.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome Margaret6651
Photo of Mitzi6136

Mitzi6136

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Our website is not showing up..

Our website is not showing up. I don't see a problem from looking at our account. Everything is paid. I published the site again but no luck. Please help? Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Mitzi6136,

Both berryroadfamilydentistry.com and mitzirobertsdds.com are suspended.  Please verify them per the instructions above.  You must use an email address that you can currently check.

Thank you

Drew
Photo of Mitzi6136

Mitzi6136

Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome!
Photo of Seeta2387

Seeta2387

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
my site cannot be found with its current url!.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Seeta2387,

Your domain is suspended.  Follow these instructions to verify the domain.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of muskyangler5322

muskyangler5322

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Need help getting my web site back up and running ASAP please.

I have updated my email address to a current one today, but I apparently missed the memo about the Domain change? How do I get my web site back up and running? Please walk me through this, thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Follow these instructions to verify the domain.
Photo of jihadabduljami4209

jihadabduljami4209

• 258 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Paid my bill 48 hours ago, website still not online!!! www.nine17financial.com.. help asap!!!.

Paid my bill 48 hours ago, website still not online!!! www.nine17financial.com.. help asap!!! 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi jihadabduljami4209,

You will need to verify the domain information per the instructions above.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Andrew4490

Andrew4490

cannot access my website by domain name why?.

my sub domain replaced my main domain name when created, I've deleted the sub, but I still cannot use the main domain name to enter the website by my address bar why?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Andrew4490,

You will need to verify the domain contact information per the above and the official response.  Your domain will then be reactivated.

Drew
Photo of John7800

John7800

Web site wont load..

When trying to go to sainthelenchamber.net page defaults to charter seach.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Follow the instructions above to verify your domain.  Once verified, it will usually reactivate within 1 hour, but can take as long as 48 hours.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Warren9293

Warren9293

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My website cannot be found, when I type the address: www.posttimereport.com.

My website has been down and cannot be found when typing in the address: www.posttimereport.com.  I have tried re-publishing, but still no site.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Warren9293,

Please foolow these instructions to verify your domain.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Googlebot can't access your site.

"Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 8 errors while attempting to retrieve DNS information for your site. The overall error rate for DNS queries for your site is 100.0%." When I try to load my site the server can't be found,
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi libertylanesranch3799,

You will need to follow the instructions above to verify your domain.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of LoriJean

LoriJean

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. The email was incorrect. I corrected it, but how will I verify if the original email was wrong?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You should receive an email shortly at the gmail address with intructions to verify the domain.

Drew
Photo of Jonathan6741

Jonathan6741

websites shut down..

all of my websites are not functioning, my credit card does need updated however the next payment is not till Oct 11, 2014. My websites have not been active for a week. email jonhusson@frontier.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Jonathan6741,

2 of your 4 domains are suspended.  Follow the instructions in this topic to verify the domains, and they will be reactivated.  The other 2 seem to be working fine.  Are you seeing something different?

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Kathy2626

Kathy2626

restoredoll.com website is down I need help!!!!.

My website is down restoredoll.com help
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Kathy2626,

Follow these instructions to verify your domain name and it will be reactivated.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Gerald0455

Gerald0455

My web page is Not Available Help!.

When I try to open my web page I get a message that the web page is not available.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Gerald0455,

You will need to verify the domain per these instructions.

Drew
Photo of Andrea1322

Andrea1322

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my website is not loading when i search for it.

when I type in my website name it does not come up
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You will need to verify your domain to have it reactivated.  Follow the instructions in this topic.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Paul9536

Paul9536

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website and email are down.

I guess your servers are down but I ely onthe website and the email for my business
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Paul9536,

The servers are not down.  Your domain is suspended and will need to be verified per the instructions above.

Drew
Photo of Tom9124

Tom9124

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email Down Since 10/18/14.

Servers Rejecting Emails - - Open-Xchange.  I've had clients calling all morning that their emails are being rejected.  IS ANYONE WORKING ON THIS?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Tom9124,

The problem is with your domain, not the email.  You will need to follow these instructions to verify the domain.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Mike1347

Mike1347

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot send or received mail from my email accounts as of 10/17/2014.

I have been trying to access my email accounts from homestead since Friday, October 17. I am getting the following error message: cannot send mail. A copy has been placed in your outbox. the recipient, my email address, was rejected by the server.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Mike1347,

When I looked at your domain before, the fact it was suspended had not yet propagted to my search.  You will need to verify the domain, per the instructions above.

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I edited my website and my domain address changed..

When I edited and published my website it changed my domain. My original domain is www.quintynnehillfarm.com. I want to keep that. It changed to www.QuintynneHillFarm.homestead.com. I don't want to change.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Tazma3448,

Your domain was suspended by ICANN.  You will need to verify your contact information according to the instructions in this topic.  Once you receive the email and verify, the domain will be reactivated.  Full service is usually restore within an hour, but can take up to as much as 48 hours.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website is still down!.

All of my contact information was correct, but I made a change to see if that would help.  I have not received an email confirming my verification.  I have been with Homestead FOREVER.  My website had been up until I edited it yesterday.  That is when I got the message that I had an issue with my domain.  REALLY want this resolved!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Tazma3448,

There has been no change to your domain contact information.  Please read the official response. It should be right under the posted topic.  It will show you were to edit the contact information.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

So, I put in a different email that I NEVER use.  We'll see if that works.  Then I will change it back to my original email. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I still see no change in the email.  Below is a picture of where you should be going.

Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

OK...now I got it!  Hope this worked!!  :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The email was sent to a wildblue address.  Make sure you look in spam if you don't see it.
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Yippee!!  I got my verification email!!  Whew!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are unsuspended.  Normally everything will be back up within 1 hour, but unfortunately, it can take up to 48 hours, but the process has begun.

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Any idea how long it may take for the website to be back online?
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Haha.  I answered even before you asked. :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

So, if Homestead made a subdomain when I edited, will the original domain come back up along with the edited info and without the Homestead.com address? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes.  Actually that sub domain has always been a valid address.  It is just overshadowed by the domain name. All your edits should be there and the URL will simply go back to the domain name.

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Oh good!  I'm not very techy, so that will make it easy.  I knew I could open the sub domain and see my website with the edits, but I really hoped I wouldn't have to change my original website address.  OK....feeling relieved!  Now, just patience for the 'work' to come through! 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That's it.  We'll hope for sooner rather than later.
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Website not up yet!  :(    BUT, we aren't at 48 hours; just 17.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry about that.  Unfortuantely, it can't be expedited.  It just happens.

Drew
Photo of Tazma3448

Tazma3448

Very frustrating!!!  Still not online!  Hate that I had edited my website. I was online until I did that.  Interesting!  :(  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Tazma3448,

It had nothing to do with you editing the site. That is simply a coincidence.  The verification process just happened to hit you at the time you were editing.  I will look into this further if it still isn't up after the 48 hours have passed.  I am sorry it is taking so long.  I have confirmed again that the suspension has been lifted, so it is apparently still propagating.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Looks to be working now Tazma3448

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.