Error with updating Homestead

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Error: "There was an error updating your software. You may be unable to publish pages. Please try again later and notify Homestead support if this continues. If you have any questions, please contact customer support. "

Okay...I contacted customer support at support@homestead.com (which is the email it gave me.)

Answer: Can't help you... as customer support@homestead.com does not monitor their support@homestead.com

It was working fine. So not sure what happened.
I have not downloaded or loaded any new programs.

(I did have computer down for a week of painting, but did not drop any paint on the hard drive! ;0) Booted back up and everything else is working great!)

What I've done so far: (which I have never had to do before)

I did a force update. Did not work.
I disabled my AVG virus program. Did not work.
Oh...and I also called it names....that did not work either....

What I'm running:
Windows 7 Home premium
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 18.0.1
64 bit Dell Inspiron 570
8 GB RAM
Java 7 Update 9

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Photo of Jennifer6918

Jennifer6918

• 1,172 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Jennifer6918

Jennifer6918

Okay...this is what I did to fix it. Had to do with my java.

I uninstalled Java, did the update and then reinstalled java. Everything is working fine now.

But...I will come back when the next update comes along with homestead and see if java will let me back into homestead to update or if I will have to uninstall it again.

I just hate this new "help" with homestead. I find that is was much easier to have "tickets" with individual help instead of praying that someone 'see's my post and "might" answer. I feel like we have been dumped by the wayside since Intuit took over.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'm so sorry, Jennifer! However, I am so glad you were able to resolve the issue!

We are working on making sure that all questions are answered in a timely manner, similar to help tickets. I'm sorry we no longer have help tickets, but I do hope that in the future, you have an easier time getting your issues resolved here.
Photo of Jennifer6918

Jennifer6918

Okay,,,time for a new update. And again Homestead will not up date so can't publish. In the above statement, I deleted java and that seemed to fix it, but not this time. Running windows 7. Did the "force update" that did not work either.

My lap top which is also running windows 7 does not have this problem. So it has to do with my computer and homestead not liking something. Running same avg.

Please help.

Thanks.
Photo of Jennifer6918

Jennifer6918

Fixed it. For anyone else that may have this problem, this is what I had to do this time.

I un-installed java
I turned off my firewall
I disabled my virus scan AVG
turned down my "let program run" (not recommended) but did it anyway.

Updated homestead. turned everything back on and re-installed my java.

Looks like I will have to do this every time homestead wishes to update. Just my computer is crazy and doesn't like homestead updates.

Hope it helps someone else out there with the same problem. I tried each one individually and it would not work. So a combination of some or all might help. For me, it was all of them. What a pain!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jennifer6918,

Thanks for sharing what's worked for you, much appreciated!

Ehsan

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.