ERROR MESSAGE WHEN POSTING TO FACEBOOK

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We were unable to contact the service to post your update. Try posting again. Contact the service provider for help if this problem continues. This is the message I got when trying to post to facebook. I use to be able to do it and now I get this message.
Photo of herbs4167

herbs4167

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • FRUSTRATED!

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It sounds like you just need to establish a new connection. Before doing so, you'll have to disconnect first.

Log into your Facebook account and go to Account Settings. Then on the left side of the page click on Apps. Locate the app named Intuit.com and delete it. Then, go ahead and log back into the SiteBuilder and publish the site again. It will re-prompt you to connect the account so your updates publish again.

FYI... there is a disconnect process we have to do on our end, but by time you read this, it will be done and ready for you to publish. Anyone else reading this thread, you'll need to contact us to do the disconnect on our end.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Stephanie7502

Stephanie7502

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Need help posting to Facebook..

Need help, I was conncecting to my facebook page once I updated my web site but nowits not working. Not sure what do do

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the How can I edit a page name and link within my site navigation menu? topic.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Try to disconnect and reconnect the app as explained above. Then go back into SiteBuilder, publish and try posting again.
Photo of Angela9099

Angela9099

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm experiencing the same problem. This has occurred a few times within the past few months. Is there something I can do to eliminate the problem?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Angela9099, There is a disconnect feature on our end, and, you have to remove the app from your Facebook page as explained above. Go ahead and remove the app and go back into your SiteBuilder and publish again. It will prompt you to reconnect the account and should solve the problem.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Angela9099

Angela9099

Hi Mike F.

I did what you instructed and I'm now able to update to Facebook. Thanks.

Angela.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great! Thanks for letting us know it's working!

Mike
Photo of deborahw2915109

deborahw2915109

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can't find where I can get help on where I can add background music there was no reply to that question
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: How can I add background music?
Photo of TillerPhoto

TillerPhoto

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When I update a page and I publish it, it won't let me post the updates on Facebook, Twitter, or Linkdin. How can I fix this?.

I just want to keep my social media updated when I update my website and I for some reason I keep having this issue.
Photo of Darryl3174

Darryl3174

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Facebook Post to the Wrong Area.

Like many people, my website is a small business for which I have a separate Facebook page. I like to keep my two identities separate on Facebook as each has a different audience. I like your feature to update Facebook that I have changed my business website, but you post it to my personal Facebook profile not my business's Facebook page. How can I get the posting to the proper Facebook location?
I would also like to tell them that I have updated a specific page or area of my website so they do give up looking for the change in the home page.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Just follow the steps in the Official Response above to disconnect the Intuit app. I've already disconnected it on our end so the next time you publish it will prompt you to reconnect at which time you can use the correct page.
Photo of Tim7002

Tim7002

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
help with promoting site on social media.

Having trouble with the pop up window that comes up after you have published your site that prompts you to let you social connections know that you updated your site. the tabs for twitter and linkden no longer work and facebook posts to someone else page? How can I fix this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Follow the steps above and then go back into SiteBuilder and when you publish, it will prompt you to reconnect the accounts.

Mike
Photo of Gail7056

Gail7056

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Link the correct facebook page to my homestead acct.

So, I not been able to use that 'tell others you have changed your website' function becasue my account seems to have let go of my facebook page. I can't seem to find an area to re-input this information. Any ideas?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which site are you having the problem with? I need to do something on our end, and you need to follow the instructions about in your Facebook account. The App in Facebook is now called Homestead.

Once we disconnect on our end, you should wait 24 hours before reconnecting.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of jim5080

jim5080

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Upload updates to Facebook.

My undate comments will not upload to my facebook account. Anyone else have this proble and know the fix?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Are you getting any sort of error message? 
Photo of Angela9099

Angela9099

I'm unable to post to facebook (see initial post above). I've already deleted the
Homestead app. Please could you do your part. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It has been disconnected on this end. The next time you publish it will ask you to reconnect.
Photo of Angela9099

Angela9099

Thank you Mike F. I'm now able to post to facebook.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great! Glad I could help.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of binouye2028456

binouye2028456

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
website updates not posting to facebook.

Ongoing issue, keeps occuring, getting very frustrated.....after doing updates to website, can do broadcast message to linkedin, but facebook won't allow the message to publish. This happens on a regular basis, no matter how often or irregularly I update the website. Solutions????????
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sounds like the connection to Facebook has broken. I have reset it on our end, so the next time you publish it will prompt you to reconnect/login again.

Mike
Photo of Timothy9086

Timothy9086

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Face book update site.

How can I update my info so when I change my site it will post to facebook. All I get is an error message.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Go ahead and try to publish again. I've reset the connection.
Photo of truth9880

truth9880

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Facebook posts not working?.

I have tried in the past to post an auto update from the pop-up window on homestead's sight after publishing. It asks the question if you want to post to facebook your update? In the past it would get posted to my moms facebook account because she was the facebook signed in at the creation and first post to facebook. Can you update the profile to fix the facebook link to update posts to go to

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Truth-...

Last night the post did not work at all.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Go ahead and try to publish/post again. It should prompt you to reconnect to the facebook account.
Photo of MariaORath

MariaORath

• 60 Points
I got the same error message - went through the steps you are describing, and I am still getting the same error message. Can you check on your end please?
veteranquest.net - can't post published site updates to our Facebook page
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Go ahead and give it another try. It should prompt you to reconnect the account again.
Photo of Cheryl

Cheryl

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Facebook problem.

I can't post to my Facebook account after I publish. I used to when we were intuit but know I can't now. Please help me. Cheryl Vegas owner of the website pixiebobsvegasacres.com. Please contact me at my personal e-mail address: cherylvegas@frontier.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Cheryl8635,  Go ahead and publish the site again. I reset the connection so the next time you publish it will prompt you for your Facebook credentials and establish a new connection. Let me know if you have any problems.

Mike
Photo of John Beaird

John Beaird

• 60 Points
I too have the same trouble I have gone on facebook removed "intuit" app and still can not post after comes up with the same error box.  NOW WHAT.  hinenimessiah.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

John Beaird,  

Go ahead and try again. This time you should be prompted to reconnect the Facebook account. I reset the connection from this end.

Mike
Photo of Mary2260

Mary2260

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi I cannot post my website to my facebook account and I followed the instructions here and I cannot find a "intuit" app to remove on my facebook account so what now? Thank you
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Mary2260 ,  When you publish the site, you should get a message that pops up prompting you to post to facebook and connect it to an account. Right now it's not connected to any Facebook account  Are you getting the popup?   what exactly is happening when you try to connect, publish and post? 

Mike
Photo of Mary2260

Mary2260

We were unable to contact the service to post your update. Try posting again. Contact the service provider for help if this problem continues.
Photo of Mary2260

Mary2260

That is the message I get when I try to post to Facebook.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Mary2260,

Please go to your Facebook account and uninstall the Homestead app.  Once done, wait 24 hours, then when you publish you will need to re-authorize the app and it should work.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Mary2260

Mary2260

Mike and Drew, I just started working on my website and I remembered I had messaged you yesterday. I tried to post to facebook and it worked. I thank you very much for your help. Mary
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks for the follow up.
Photo of kristopher6083

kristopher6083

Can you reset my connection , i deleted the app , logged back in and keep getting contact service provider ? its for ct-dvr.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

kristopher6083,   I just disconnected the facebook account. You can now go ahead and publish and reconnect again. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.