Error code accessing the COMMUNITY webpage

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I tried logging on to the community page, I got this error (in firefox):
An error occurred during a connection to community.homestead.com. Peer's Certificate has been revoked. (Error code: sec_error_revoked_certificate)

I worked around it by disabling a setting for my browser, but do not like having this option disabled as it makes my computer vulnerable. Can you please address this? Thank you.
Photo of rigdoninc7646

rigdoninc7646

• 648 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We do have some engineers looking into the cause of this as the security certificate is not expired. Can you share with me, what setting you disabled to make it work?

Mike
Photo of rigdoninc7646

rigdoninc7646

ahhh...you want to know my secrets??? Well, since it is Christmas I will share...

Tools
Options
Advanced
Certificates
Validation
**un-check "use the online certificat status protocol (OCSP) to confirm the current validity of certificates"

Again I am in firefox 26.0, using windows 8.

So do I get extra bonus points for this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just sent you an email. Thank you for helping out on the Community.

Mike
Photo of rigdoninc7646

rigdoninc7646

No problem! Thanks for my extra special bonus points!!!! :)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

For anyone else experiencing this error, the engineers and put a fix in place but it probably won't take affect until tomorrow. If you modified your browser settings as shown above, it will be a good idea to change the setting back for security purposes.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.