Error: 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

is the email down? I keep getting this error
Photo of Christine Richards

Christine Richards

• 3,162 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
me 2. getting really silly with this new platform. one day it works. the next it doesn't. switching after being a customer for over a decade. site builder is already so antiquated and now this.
Photo of haelee

haelee

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
what happen to our emails?Can't open the account!!!!!.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you getting the same error as reported above? If so I have reported the issue to our email admins but don't have an ETA. If you are getting something different, let me know.

Mike
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO LOG IN: "Error: 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable"
Photo of CHERYL9130

CHERYL9130

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Me to and I tried to contact Open Exchange but with no product key you can't do anything. Did anyone get notification prior to this switch?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating this matter now.

Mike
Photo of Nora

Nora

• 3,642 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
ugh. me too. Have not been able to access email for a couple of hours now. I log in and then get a window with this
"Temporarily unavailable "
Photo of CHERYL9130

CHERYL9130

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are we going to get any emails that were sent during this outage?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

H Cheryl9130, I learned that this was scheduled maintenance in which case they do take precautions so that emails are queued and then delivered later.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i have email forwarding set up just for this very reason(in case i get locked out of the main box). just tried to send an email to myself and it got forwarded. so, if you have email forwarding set up then you will still get emails. only problem is sometimes the emails are forwarded hours later b/c of the servers being too weak to handle this volume. if you don't have email forwarding set up, you can go into your main account through Homestead and set up forwarding in the email section. i hope that helps for now.

the issue with the 503 error means that the system either crashed or they are updating/correcting another issue and have temporarily locked us out so that they can do it. naturally, customer service has no idea what is happening as usual.

i'm building a new site as we speak with a much better platform-so either way, i'm done with Homestead. Very poorly run company now. Sometimes, you just have to move on.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
Sorry for the interruption in the email service. We just learned that our email admins are performing some maintenance to the email system.

February 24, 2014 – Open Xchange email is currently unavailable.

10:45 pm MST: We are currently performing maintenance on the email system. Our estimated ETA is approximately 12:30 am MST.

Users attempting to login during this period may receive the following error messages.

or

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ajax/login.
Photo of Dave6417

Dave6417

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok...it's 12:45...what's the excuse now???
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Yeah, I saw that. the real issue is that "sorry" just doesn't cut it anymore. I've actually spoken with techs at Dotster and they say to me 'privately' that this is a 'disaster' and that they were 'totally unprepared' for the whole migration. there is simply no excuse for this-period. Whether your business is small or fairly large like mine(we have 47 offices), this is very unprofessional and is a huge time waster. Much more that what the service actually costs. What's even worse is when I've called recently about these continuous issues, customer service is rude and uninformed. They should know EXACTLY what the issue is and be able to report when, why and how it is going to get fixed. If this were my company, virtually all of the employees would be finding a new job asap. Totally unacceptable. Thanks for being friendly though and good luck.
Photo of Dave6417

Dave6417

Unable to access email for any of my domain names. Getting the following error message Error: 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable:.

Unable to access any of my email accounts. Unable to contact Open Exchange!! Get me access to my emails!!! Intuit needs to tell Open Exchange that they need to have a way for us users to contact them!!
Photo of David2897

David2897

Unable to get into e-mail for hours. First I got login not possible at this time, then Server Error, now this beaut:.

An error occurred. (USR-0007, -1178796264-5544)

This new e-mail is in no way an improvement. It presents numerous new problems and I wish you would get a proven service.
Photo of Dave6417

Dave6417

This new e-mail is in no way an improvement. It presents numerous new problems and I wish you would get a proven service. The Open Exchange system is worthless! Why did Homestead change that? Ever since this new system has been in place, it's been nothing but a headache. GoDaddy -- Here I come!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The server is under going maintenance at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew
Photo of Donald5163

Donald5163

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Trying to log in to email and it say "Temporarily unavailable"? What is going on and when can I get into my email?.

Trying to log in to email and it say "Temporarily unavailable"? What is going on and when can I get into my email?
Photo of Donald5163

Donald5163

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Trying to log in to email and it say "Temporarily unavailable"? What is going on and when can I get into my email?.

Trying to log in to email and it say "Temporarily unavailable"? What is going on and when can I get into my email?

Christine Richards

Hey! I have an idea....why doesn't the email admin team post this information in the system status area? That seems like a good place to let your customers know their email won't be functioning due to a problem. Call me stupid, but it seems like a good place to let us know what the status of the system actually is. Maybe Mike F. would have had a heads up too, so he could have been all over this like white on rice instead of having to scramble to find out what is going on with the email.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We appreciate your comments. They are usually very good about notifying us of planned maintenance. Unfortunately something obviously slipped through the cracks on this one. We are looking in to how this Communication didn't make it to the appropriate people and will do our best to notify everyone before hand.

Mike
Photo of haelee

haelee

This email system always makes problem.
I have always "sending out" problem -half of receivers couldn't get my emails everyday!!!
Photo of vegastom10049

vegastom10049

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is any one else having problems signing in?.

No matter how many times I've attempted to sign in, I keep getting a error message.

Christine Richards

1:18 am AZ Time and still down.
Update please???? I am trying to conduct business with Dubai and Italy. They are up and at em and I have no email??? Sad, just sad!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The maintenance process has taken longer than expected to run, but most accounts do now have access. We'll post any additional updates to the following page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Dave6417

Dave6417

1:45 MST and still no access!!! This is some really stupid aggravation that could have been prevented by Homestead or Open exchange by giving us all a heads up 24-72 hours notice! Absolutely unprofessional and well below the quality of service that we, customers, deserve!! If it's not up when I get up in the morning, I will be closing my account and moving my business elsewhere because, obviously, neither Homestead, Intuit, or Open Exchange don't give a damn!!!

FIX THIS!!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.