ERROR: No content written out to the context

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello,
I tried the 404 error fix and it didn't resolve this. The tab on our site "About us" is giving a blank page with the message "ERROR: No content written out to the context". When I use the site editor I can see and alter the content, but when it's published I get this same message. Please advise.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,634 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There are a couple of things that I can see that are incorrect. 1) you built your "About Us" page on your "Site Error 404" page. You actually do need your Site Error 404 page to be an error page, so I suggest you create an actual about page and correct the 404 page. 2) you have the About Us button on your navigation menu pointing to a page titled "about-us.html", which doesn't exist. You will need to edit this after you create a proper "About Us" page.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

Elyzabeth,
Thanks for your reply. I Created a new "About Us" page and removed my content from the 404 page, but now I have 2 "About us pages that are showing the same information. How do I reset the 404 page? 
Also, I had my original "About us" page up and running for more than a year before this became an issue. Was there a coding change that may have caused this? It appears that the original "AU" page was somehow merged with the 404 page.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Unfortunately there isn't a way to reset the Error 404 page but you can just put in your own custom error page with something like "Sorry, the page you're looking for can't be found" with a link back to your Home page.
There weren't any coding changes that would have caused this, and unfortunately I don't have a way to see what changed. I'm glad we're getting it sorted out so that your website is 100% functional though.
Photo of matth3356

matth3356

How would I get rid of the 2nd "AU"tab? I currently have 2 "About Us" Tabs when we load our site. We wouldn't want an "error tab". Sorry to keep troubling you with this, but it's important to us to have the site looking right. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You would click on the navigation menu in the builder to edit it, then click on the Links tab in the menu on the right and select the About tab that is not needed. Click the "minus" sign to delete

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.