Error message: Site Builder LPXL has quit working

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

My computer was force-updated from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.  After this, I kept getting the error message that "Site Builder's LPXL launcher has quit working" every time I try to open Site Builder on my computer.  I just finished closing out all windows, uninstalling Site Builder, and then reinstalling it, thinking this would fix the problem.  I'm afraid the problem is still there.  I need to update my web sites but my hands are tied.  :(
Photo of John4248

John4248

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of John4248

John4248

I tried uninstalling Site Builder once again, but this time I downloaded the ZIP file to install Site Builder.  I'm still getting the same error. :(
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi John4248,

When Windows updates from 8 to 8.1 it shuts off a Windows component that Sitebuilder relies on.  Check on the topic on Windows 8 and desktop step #3 to see if it is active or not.

Thank you

Drew
Photo of John4248

John4248

I did see that, but I though the 4.5 version would work the same as the 3.5.  I verified that I had the 4.5 version installed.  Looks like I'm going to go install the 3.5.  :-p

THANK YOU!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Let us know.  The 4.5 does not include everything that is necessary for the software to run.  You do need 3.5. 

Thanks

Drew
Photo of John4248

John4248

Yes, I have installed .win3.5.  Yes, I have verified that the box in front of this program is checked/activated.  No, it didn't fix the problem.  :(  I'm getting a message that the Site Builder LPXL launcher has quit working.

Thanks!  :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, now do a clean install per these instructions.  Make sure you delete all the folders after uninstalling Sitebuilder.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.