Error message reloading email into Outlook from Office 365

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

We are getting an error message from Outlook after removing and re-installing a email address.
"We couldn't connect to the incoming (IMAP) server. None of the authentication methods supported by Outlook are supported by your server. For more info, contact your email administrator."

We have tried multiple times even changing the ports and encryption as shared in the fix. What do we need to do???
Photo of Evan5023

Evan5023

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • unsure

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

• 1,600 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Done
Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

It appears that Homestead corrected this while I was on the phone with Apple support. Communication needs to be bridged. Shame on Homestead!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,652 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Evan,

I do apologize for any inconvenience that has caused. The certificate has been renewed and the issue is resolved. To remove this error you can go into the email account settings, verify they are correct https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/email-client-settings and resubmit. Upon saving the system should be able to verify all settings. If you still receive the pop up or errors you can also reset the device, turn off/on. 
Photo of Richard3460

Richard3460

Well done (said) Michelle.  Mine started working (reset?) when/after Apple had me open the Outlook app on my iphone.  I'm sure it wasn't quite that easy but something to mention.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 35,652 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Glad it has resolved on your end. I sincerely do apologize that this has impacted you and other customers, thank you for reporting and remaining patient while we got this fixed. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.