EMERGENCY! Is there any way to get a hold of someone at homestead? My site isn't on the web! HELP!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

EMERGENCY! Is there any way to get a hold of someone at homestead? I can login on the back end and publish my website, but it won't pull up on the web. Many of my customer pay online and I need that money to satisfy my January 1st bills. My stats suggest that I have been off the web for days. HELP!!!
Photo of Jane0407

Jane0407

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What is your domain name?
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey Drew... I have tried to contact YOU via this stupid chat and no response. I see MANY complaints- including my 3 (1 hour) ATTEMPTS to get someone on the phone regarding your terrible customer service.  I need a response immediately in order to keep my services with you. Otherwise I need to cancel my services with you via online since no one will pick up your phones. Or I guess I can call my bank and cancel you through there and claim you as the FRAUD THAT YOU ARE.   I cannot use your chat either because apparently I don't have the proper cookies--- funny, I chat with every other company in the universe except for yours.  I am trying to make extremely important and time sensitive changes to my website and cannot do so because I cannot get a hold of you.  Do something now about your horrific customer service.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am here. What do you need?
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

I need to talk to someone on the phone.  Why aren't people answering?  I keep getting sent back and forth between you and my Nameserver/website builder and both say I need the other first. I need to switch where my domain points to.  You are my domain registrar - Weebly, the company that I am starting my new website builder with, told me I need to speak with you in order switch my domain to point to them from my current site builder- GoDaddy.  So I found a computer which your chat will work on (since apparently it does not work on all computers) and chatted with someone that told me I need to speak with GoDaddy.  So I spoke with GoDaddy and they told me to go back to you. Said something about making my domain "unprivate" so that they can take it over from you.  I really don't know what I need to do- but I have 2 domain names with you (one is forwarded to the other) and I just need them both to point to the new IP address at Weebly.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can see the confusion. Your domain here, is using Godaddy's nameservers. It looks like you use Google Apps for mail. You have a 3 choices I can see. You can change to Wix's nameservers and then have to add Google's MX records to get your mail working again. You can change to our nameservers and then switch the A, CNAME, and MX records in your Homestead account, or you can keep the nameservers with Godaddy and just update the A and CNAME reocrds that Wix gives you.

The first 2 options may result in an interruption in your email service. The ast option will have no interruption, but will likely require you to keep the Godaddy account open.

Does this help?
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

I have still never received an answer as to why no one is picking up the phones at your business. Seems no one is after reading many of the complaints in regards to this major issue.  There is much confusion on my end and your answer may as well be in German.. I do not know what Wix is - or the "A" or a "CNAME".... which is why I need to speak to someone to walk me through a process of getting my problem resolved.  You are telling me that my only options are to change over to your nameserver.... Hello... way too many problems there obviously... have my email be down... or stay with a website builder that is not working for me.  Again, need someone on your end to really discuss this with so I can understand as this seems completely and utterly ridiculous.  All I want is to  change where my domain points.  I do not need to change anything with my email- unless for some reason it will be necessary- but seeing it is with a completely different party- I don't understand why it would be an issue in any way. You gave me options, with no explanation as to why or how to do them.  How do I change to Wix nameserver? How do I change to WEEBLY nameserver? Dont I need an authorization code from you to do that? Where is that?  
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

Oh and I cleared my cache/cookies on 3 other computers and your chat doesn't work on them still... 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The phones are open and will be answered, but hold times are often very long. I don't know why clearing the cache still doesn't work for chat. If you go to Homestead.com and don't log in. Under the log in button, can you access chat there?

So both your email and website are at Godaddy? If so, then go to your account there and find the nameservers they want for you and change them in your Homestead account. If that is what happened then you received the email by mistake.
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

I believe we are using Google Apps for email- like you saw earlier.  The website is with GoDaddy.  The Marrsfitness.com domain is with you, but the other domain- which we have forwarded to marrsfitness.com, is with GoDaddy.  By doing what you said- going to the nameservers in mu GoDaddy account, will this allow me to direct my marrsfitness.com to our new builder at Weebly?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you change the nameservers, then you will need to update the MX records at Weebly to keep your email working. Weebly may allow you to point via A record and /or CNAME. That would keep you from having to update the email records
Photo of tyler2456

tyler2456

when you unlock the privacy on your domain, is this immediate? I have received my authorization code via email.  I have purchased a transfer of my domain away from Homestead and onto GoDaddy.  I need to know if all of the un-privatization is immediate, or if there is something else needed from you in order to complete this.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It usually happens within an hour, but with DNS it can takr up to 24 hours
Photo of Jed9151

Jed9151

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having exactly the same problem. I can use the online web development tool but my website www.jedmalitzv2.com had been down since last night. Can you help please, I am paying for ads that refer to the website. Thanks
Also, I got the same cryptic DNS email many others have mentioned; when I checked through the homestead web tool, the changes requested in the email were already in place.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Jane0407, Please click here

Jed9151, Your site seems to be working.

Drew
Photo of Jed9151

Jed9151

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Drew!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Robert S.0052

Robert S.0052

• 70 Points
I can edit page 6 but it will not display on my website. All other pages and e-mail are OK. Any ideas?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Your account only allows for 5 pages. You can add 10 pages for an additional $2/month

Drew
Photo of Emily5008

Emily5008

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
One of my sites has been "off and on" online today, Drew. Right now, it is all right. A little bit ago, it was not - several times. Not my computer, either. Just letting you know.
(Edited)
Photo of amirmekk20137019

amirmekk20137019

• 60 Points
i have the same problem my domain is www.amirmekk.com
i can edit and publish it but can't be viewed on the web any solution
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

amirmekk20137019,

Your domain is suspended. Check out this topic for an explanation and solution.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.