Emails not delivered

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

There were several emails that I did not receive yesterday but was told by support that email was slow but they were eventually getting delivered. However, there are at least a couple of emails I know that were never delivered and possibly more through my contact form from my business website. Please tell me if the email problem from yesterday has been resolved and when I will receive the emails that were not delivered yesterday.
Photo of Maureen0361

Maureen0361

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you are trying to use a mail client, like Outlook, here is a thread that has some configurations that have worked for some people.
Photo of Jon7813

Jon7813

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We are a small business with multiple e-mail address among our employees and thousands of client have our address. Can we keep our current address if we switch to another provider?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes you can. You would need to setup the accounts at the new provider first and then switch the MX records on your domain. The new provider would provide the MX records to you.

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of Michael4733

Michael4733

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have spent countless hours and lost many $ over the last month dealing with the horrendous Homestead product. One month and still many problems and no resolution in sight.

Just called Intermedia...moved all my E Mail functions to them. They were amazing..support desk incredibly skilled...On-Boarding team amazing....180 degrees from Homestead.....was a pleasure.

Literally black and white difference...why did I wait so long??

www.intermedia.net

Good Luck!!
Photo of Julie7826

Julie7826

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
E-mail is not the only problem, had a lot of trouble with changing to the new Acceptsafe merchant account, changing from storefront to simple store, and getting different answers every time I called the support#.
E-mail, this is what I found: if there in a contact us button you are using and it has the security letters to copy (the nonsense words) those e-mails get stuck in a junk e-mail file. I never get them, my e-mail provider sticks them in a spam folder that I never see. I seem to be getting the other "Contact Us" e-mails that don't have the security letters.
VERY FRUSTRATING.
Intuit should have told us about selling Homestead and about the merchant service accounts being shifted to a new company BEFORE it happened.
NOT HAPPY WITH HOMESTEAD AT ALL!!
Photo of franklin4840

franklin4840

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have not tried any more changes for a few days. Kept checking and still does not work. Now I can recieve email but not send.
Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
By some strange quirk...Email to/from POP is WORKING!
I hope that it is permanent!
Photo of Leslee5222

Leslee5222

• 792 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I thought email problems were solved but have had a couple of emails rejected that I sent to hotmail with this message:

host mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.188.94] said: 550
Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Don't tell me I've been blacklisted again...email problems from early March still continuing. I'm sure there's nobody around to help with this.
Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Email to Pop (cox.net) not working at all.
Photo of Cascadecopia4096

Cascadecopia4096

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problems. This is ridiculous. I need my emails to work. Here is the message I got when trying to send an email to my Homestead account:
The error that the other server returned was:
550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Please help.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you received that error when trying to send to your Homestead email account, the first thing to check is your quota to make sure it's not full. You'll want to go the following site and check the email online: mail.homesteadmail.com

Once logged into the live account look at the top of the screen, under your name and you'll see a bar indicating how full the quota is.

If the quota is full, the bar will be red. If it is, then you will probably want to start by deleting your trash, spam, and sent folders first. For most people this will free up enough quota to eliminate the issue.

If you've checked this and still getting the issue let us know and we'll keep troubleshooting.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.