Problems sending to Yahoo email accounts.

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Emails sent to at least Yahoo.com email and emails from Yahoo.com email are not coming in and they are not going out.  I tested Hotmail.com and they are working properly.  Not sure what other service in not working.  I need this fixed as soon as possible as my customers are not getting emails.  Getting Pissed about this every week or more often.  Please fix!
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

• 2,886 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
  • PISSED

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We can start by checking one of the messages to see if it was blocked by our spam filter.  Can you tell me the date, time and subject line of one of the messages that you tried to send from the Homestead/OX email that was not received by the recipient?

Mike

Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

Mike,  they are coming through.  However it's taking 30 min up to an hour an a half.  This has got to be an issue on your side of things.  We can't be the only ones.  Check your side to make sure they are going though more quickly.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are receiving the emails, then I'll need the same information requested above; date, time,and subject line of an email. This way we can pull the header which will display the time the email was sent and received by one server to another.

Mike
Photo of James3130

James3130

• 520 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm always having e-mail issues too (not just yahoo). People will send me a message and it takes up to two hours to receive. When they send it to my outlook account it comes through immediately. Really tired of this. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi James3130,  If you can supply the same information as above. Let me know which email address the problem is with and the date, time, and subject line of an email that was excessively delayed and we can look at the header.

Mike
Photo of James3130

James3130

Ok. This happened again today. The e-mail was from Alicia@animatedstoryboards.com, date: 7/28/14, time sent 10:50 am, time received 12:40, subject line "Simply Brief - Today IN 10 MINTUES "  .  

Obviously, I did not receive the e-mail 10 minutes before the brief. I received it almost 2 hours later.  I did however, receive the replies from other people on the e-mail almost instantly. The original e-mail that I finally received 2 hours later had a .pdf attached making it 1.8 MB.

This is the kind of thing that happens a lot.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you can get the source of the message and paste it here, then we can track it to see where the delay occurred and work to rectify it.

If it is a confidential email, then we can send you an email that you can reply to.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of James3130

James3130

BTW, I am at their offices now using their internet service. Everyone else got the e-mails immediately. When this happened at my studio, I thought it could be a problem with my internet provider but obviously not.
Photo of James3130

James3130

yes, its confidential. 
Photo of James3130

James3130

what do you mean the "source of the e-mail" ?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This post shows you how to obtain the header. We've sent you an email which you can reply to.
How can I find an email header?
Photo of James3130

James3130

When I clicked show source on the particular e-mail that was late, there was a blank screen. I sent the header for the replies that arrived on time. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi James3130,

Unfortunately, those headers will only show the messages delivered, which we already know. 

Can you get the source from the sender for the delayed one?

Drew
Photo of James3130

James3130

no I can't. Thats what i said. When I click show source on the delayed e-mail it is a blank screen. The other ones work so obviously its a problem with that particular e-mail- possibly the reason its late?
Photo of James3130

James3130

Do you mean I should ask the sender of the e-mail to look up the source? 
Photo of James3130

James3130

nervmind. it appeared after waiting a while. will send
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Ok,  We'll watch for it.
Photo of James3130

James3130

James3130,

Just letting you know we got your email with the bounce message. This actually helps us move toward the problem. We'll still need to see the header from the email. Since you are unable to email it, I'm going to create a private topic here on the Community and then email you the link so you can paste the header there. 

Mike 
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

This is a huge waste of time for all of us.  Your asking all of us to email you all this crap.  It is obvious that it's more than one person having an issue.  Emails are being delayed up to two hours or more.  We are all saying it.  We have businesses to run, this is a waste of time dealing with this.  There is a problem with YOUR Email server.  Just make it simple and fix it and stop wasting all of our time with your BS requests!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We are happy to look into this but need some actual details. There are many possibilities here and we can not research generalities.  If you are willing to cooperate and provide us with the information, then we can move forward.

Mike
Photo of Cristine7832

Cristine7832

So you can't look into YOUR server till we waste our time sending you information you already have?  Give me a break......We pay you to handle this, not the other way around sir.  So send your Tech and I.T department a message or send me the contact info to people that actually work there and I will email them myself.  Can you handle that??? 

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Please refer to the private email you received. I am part of the tech support team and am happy to help you but the information we are requesting is necessary for us to begin researching the issue.
Photo of Gail7056

Gail7056

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having the same problem, however my emails are 1-2 days behind. The homestead to Yahoo acct does not appear to be working and this is not the first time, lost significant $ on this.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Gail7056,   Can you please let us know which email address the problem is with and the date, time, and subject line of an email that was excessively delayed and we can look at the header. Our email admins need this to research the problem. Or if you are familiar with how to retrieve the header from the email you can copy and paste it here too.
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having this happen sending out to gmail and aol accounts. Have had to send a "forward" to the same addresses to get the email to these accounts. Now starting to Bcc everything to my own gmail account to see if homestead mail is going out.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Bruce8263,   Please see the "official response" that was added above this morning. This is an issue with Yahoo blocking certain emails.  There's a link to an online form above, if you wish to submit your instance to be researched.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Mike-

I've been having the same issue as well, but wanted to wait to see if others did too. All of my emails are either not being received via Yahoo or AOL or they are taking hours and sometimes a day or two. I have my email forwarding set up to go to a Yahoo account I have just in case I can't get in to my Hstead account for some reason-it also gives me a copy. Almost always now I have the same aforementioned results. All other "junk" type email accounts like Cablevision(nyc) or Gmail appear to work fine.

Bill
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bill5099,   Please see the "official response" that was added above this morning. This is an issue with Yahoo blocking certain emails.  There's a link to an online form above, if you wish to submit your instance to be researched.
Photo of Gail7056

Gail7056

• 188 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
not getting emails from homestead to my yahoo acct.

here is an example of an email that took 5 days

Fitzpatrick, Jane M.
Jul 14 at 9:08 AM

To

Gail Cannon

That is very strange because I did reply to you on the 8th.

Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:37 PM
To: Fitzpatrick, Jane M.
Subject: Re: Yoga on Thursday

Rec'd this email on Sun July 13 at 536 PM

Namaste,

Gail Cannon

Sent from my IPhone

On Jul 8, 2014, at 2:16 PM, "Fitzpatrick, Jane M." wrote:

You can have the class at 11:00 if it is ok with all their supervisors. If you have it at the normal time, they will miss some of the picnic. Let me know what you decide.

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:00 PM
To: Fitzpatrick, Jane M.
Subject: Yoga on Thursday

Students do want a class, but earlier at 11 Am. Would class be possible either at 11 AM or normal time?

Namaste,

Gail Cannon

Director Earthsong Yoga www.earthsongyoga.com

Captain, Team Acara Bike MS cyclists

186 Main St, Marlboro, MA 01752

All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Gail7056,  Thanks for providing this information. One other piece of information our email admins need is the name of your internet service provider. Can you please reply with that?

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
For anyone else that is experiencing delays when sending email to Yahoo addresses, our email admins are aware and working on this issue. It appears that Yahoo may blocking first attempts which is why some of you are getting bounce-back messages. It is possible that they are doing this as a way to mitigate the amount of spam that they are receiving as most spammers will send out a single blast and not try again. Fortunately our servers will keep trying to deliver the email, so in most cases the emails are going through, but with a significant delay.

(Edited)
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

Mike, i will fill out the response form, but you need to know that this is not just an issue with Yahoo mail. 1 1/2 hours ago I sent an email to my gmail account, it has not been received and there has been no bounce back.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks Bruce8263, If you do get a bounce from the gmail account, feel free to fill out the form for that instance also. We'll need the bounce to confirm if it's the same issue.

Mike
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

How is this being resolved? Is there an ETA? Last time I checked not updating your clients does not fix the problem. Sent the information requested yesterday and have been checking back to see if there has been anything posted. Please update!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Robert8263, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We did some more testing on your email account this morning and it is sending to & from Gmail just fine. When sending from your Homestead account to Gmail, the message was received almost instantly. However when sending from Gmail to your Homestead there was short delay of about 3 minutes but the delay was not on our end.

Below is a segment from the header showing the deliver times.  If you look at the time stamps (read from bottom up) , the email was sent from Googles SMTP server at 10:16, then must have been queued until 13:16 which is when it was received by our server and immediately delivered to your mailbox instantly.

Envelope-to: bruce@balancemenow.com
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:16:32 -0400
Received: from [10.115.3.12] (helo=bosimpinc12)
    by bosmailscan04.eigbox.net with esmtp (Exim)
    id 1X7pIG-0007LQ-Pl
    for bruce@balancemenow.com; Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:16:32 -0400
Received: from mail-ie0-f182.google.com ([209.85.223.182])
    by bosimpinc12 with bizsmtp
    id TVGX1o02Z3wk7A901VGYjE; Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:16:32 -0400
X-EN-OrigIP: 209.85.223.182
X-EN-IMPSID: TVGX1o02Z3wk7A901VGYjE
Received: by mail-ie0-f182.google.com with SMTP id y20so3371739ier.41
        for <bruce@balancemenow.com>; Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:16:31 -0700 (PDT)

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Mike-

just following up b/c i sent a very important email just now that was not received to an AOL addy. it had a PDF attachment. not terribly large. i then sent the text of the email to another addy the recipient had which forwards to her AOL addy and cc'd the AOL. all 3 were received instantly. then i sent it again with the attachment and only the direct send to AOL from me was not received. 

it appears that this is not just YAHOO and it is not just with SPAMish sends(ems with attachments and such). it seems as if it is all emails from Homestead to many different junk type providers(Comcast, Verizon, Yahoo, AOL, Optimum, etc) and in most cases emails are taking hours and in some cases, days later.

this has been happening for months. not good. very difficult to correspond with ppl when emails are not being received by half of them and i have to continuously confirm whether they have received it or not-then try and resend to another email addy if they have one.

not happy.

Bill
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding your first paragraph.  When you sent the 2nd email is it correct you cc'd the AOL address without the attachment and it went through?

Then you sent it a 3rd time with the attachment and it was not received?

Did you get a bounce message back on any of these?

Can you go into your sent folder and get the header from the original email and the last email that you tried to send direct, but didn't go through?

Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

yes. while i was on the phone with the recipient i sent the email w/o the attachment again to the new email addy(which forwards to her AOL addy) and cc'd the AOL addy. all 3 went thru instantly.

i sent it again with the attachment. to all 3 addy's(2 directly from me b/c one forwards). the cc'd one(AOL) has yet to be received(still) but the other 2 were received instantly.

no bounce back message. she will get the email in a few days. it is not in her spam folder either. 

the email and its contents are extremely confidential. what is the purpose in obtaining the header info?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The header displays the email addresses it's being sent from, sent to, as well as IP addresses, time & dates, subject line, and the content/body of the email. I can't do research based on generalities like, "new email addy, AOL addy,  etc."  We need specifics which are found in the header.

If you have an instance of sending from your homestead email to this particular recipient (with the attachment) and it did not go through, that is the email we need the header from.

Mike
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

got it. where do i send the header info to? i am only going to send that though. not the contents or attachment. ok?

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just sent you an email which you can reply to.
Photo of Bruce8263

Bruce8263

Mike, I have checked my email and sent test emails to different people with different providers. All have gotten them even the ones that were not getting them over the past few days. Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bruce8263,

Thanks for the follow up!

Glad it's working.

Mike
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Miguel-

i just sent a very similar email the same exact way i did last week. Instant receipt to all.(AOL, Yahoo) There are still some delays here and there it appears, but so far so good. Will report back if it persists or resurfaces.

Thanks!

Bill
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thank you for the follow up!

Mike
Photo of Jane9132

Jane9132

• 2,238 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I just received the email below from a colleague.  The address that was refused (artist117@Yahoo.com) was on my bcc, not on his list at all.  My recipients should not know who is on my bcc list - and why would they?  That is the point of "bcc."  Also, when my login fails, my password is displayed in the error message on my screen.  Sometimes I have people in my office who could easily pick up my password and this could be dangerous.  Please protect my privacy on both counts!

---------- Original Message ----------
> From: shan@san.rr.com
> To: Jane Fletcher <Jane@JaneFletcher.com>
> Date: July 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM
> Subject: FW: Warning: message 1XCAN0-0003qT-7n delayed 4 hours
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mail Delivery System [mailto:Mailer-Daemon@eigbox.net]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:02 PM
> To: shan@san.rr.com
> Subject: Warning: message 1XCAN0-0003qT-7n delayed 4 hours
>
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
> A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
> recipients after more than 4 hours on the queue on bosmailout01.eigbox.net.
>
> The message identifier is: 1XCAN0-0003qT-7n
> The subject of the message is: FW: Thursday at 8:30 am.
> The date of the message is: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:35:20 -0700
>
> The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
>
> artist117@yahoo.com
> Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
> FROM:<SRS0=nlTlVg=4Y=san.rr.com=shan@janefl...> SIZE=6400:
> host mta5.am0.yahoodns.net [66.196.118.35]: 421 4.7.0 [TS01] Messages
> from 66.96.186.1 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1;
> see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html
>
> No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
> some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
> remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
> and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.
>
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Jane9132,

This message is not form  your colleague.  This is a message generated by our server letting you know that its been trying to deliver your message for four hours buy Yahoo is refusing the connection. Nobody is seeing who's on your bcc list.

For the second issue where your password is displaying. I am unable to reproduce that on my end. I'm going to change this thread to a private conversation so it's not viewable by others. Can you please take a screenshot and post it here?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Jane9132,  Rather than changing this to a Private conversation, I'll send you an email to reply to. Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Hey Mike-

thought i'd let you know that the issue has resurfaced again. both Yahoo and AOL. taking hours and days in some cases. 

Bill
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bill5099,   Our email admins have been watching and working on this very close for a couple weeks. I don't think that it's completely gone away yet. It appears that Yahoo (and AOL)  is still blocking first first attempts or certain IP addresses. In some cases we can fix the IP address problem, but we can't force or or speed up any progress at Yahoo.  We realize this is frustrating for many of you and our admins continue to work on this.
Photo of Jane9132

Jane9132

Hi Mike,
Here is another message and this is the typical response from Mail System Delivery Failure - this is different from the one that showed it was from my colleague. Jane

> ---------- Original Message ----------
> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@eigbox.net>
> To: jane@janefletcher.com
> Date: July 30, 2014 at 6:27 PM
> Subject: Warning: message 1XCG02-0000CD-6u delayed 24 hours
>
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
> A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
> recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on bosmailout04.eigbox.net.
>
> The message identifier is: 1XCG02-0000CD-6u
> The date of the message is: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:36:01 -0700 (PDT)
> The subject of the message is: Re: Tent security walls overnight
>
> The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
>
> artist117@yahoo.com
> Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<SRS0=ym_fkF=42=janefletcher.com=jane@...> SIZE=8008:
> host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net [66.196.118.35]: 421 4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from 66.96.188.4 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html
>
> No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
> some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
> remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
> and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Jane9132... This is related to the same Yahoo issue that our admins are working on. it appears Yahoo is still blocking first email attempts but our server will keep trying to deliver.
(Edited)
Photo of Jane9132

Jane9132

Hi Mike,  I saw my colleague today and he confirmed that he sent me the timed out email that I reported a couple of days ago - that you replied was not from him.  So that means that he received my bcc email and he told me that he was able to click on the numbers that were sent him and was allowed to access information about my website, etc.  In this case it is not a problem, but it certainly could be!  Thanks, Jane
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The time-out emails are generated by our server and should only go to the original/Homestead sender.  I would be interested in seeing whatever the email was though. Can you have him forward it to you as an attachment so we can get the header?
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.