Emails Bouncing Message

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Everyone who is sending me emails is getting a return Mail Delivery System message that starts off -
"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

michelle_mcoxton_if@pop.homestead.com
(generated from michelle@broadrunvizslas.com)
mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded"

I am still receiving thier messages, but they are concerned that I am not receiving them since they get this automated message. Please help me to resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks,Michelle
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle1994,

The reason you are getting that bounce message for emails sent to your email box is because the email address is full. You are OK on disk space alloted, but there is also a message count quota. You are allowed to store 10,000 messages in the email box, and you have reached that limit.

When you say you are still receiving those messages, I am assuming that you mean you are receiving them at the address you have it set to auto forward to. But the bounce message is saying that it was not able to place a copy of that message in your webmail account with us, because it is full.

So, in short, the resolution is going to be to do some spring cleaning in your webmail account, and clear out some space so that new emails are able to come in and not deliver a bounce to your customers when they attempt to contact you.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

Matt,

Thank you for the response. Yes you are correct, the forwarded messages are coming. I do not log into the Homestead mail, because it is forwarded to my gmail (which I like better). I have tried to log into my Homestead account to clean it out, but it doesn't let me in. It takes me to an error page. Please help me to reset the account so that I can clean it out.

Thanks!
Michelle
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michelle1994,

It sounds like you probably need to reset the password for the email account. That is actually done from within your website account. For the full directions on doing so, visit https://websitehelp.homestead.com/SBP....

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

Hi, Thanks. I did reset my password. When I try to log in to my email I get a page that says the following:
"LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=2042412000-7279639"
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Michelle1994, does this happen on just a single email address/domain, or several? Can you tell us which one?
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

Okay, I've reset the password... now I'm in. I'm trying to delete these emails to make room. I cannot figure this out!! When I click on an email there is no way to delete it. Plus it says I have over 1000 emails but only showing 7. Please help!!
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

Okay, I've reset the password... now I'm in. I'm trying to delete these emails to make room. I cannot figure this out!! When I click on an email there is no way to delete it. Plus it says I have over 1000 emails but only showing 7. Please help!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Check your sent folder, or trash/deleted items.

Mike
Photo of Michelle1994

Michelle1994

I just kept refreshing and now it all works. Very weird. I have had my emails set to forward to my gmail account for awhile. Can you tell me where to check to make sure this is still happening with the new email program? And also, how to make sure all emails are automatically deleted when they've been forwarded?
Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Michelle1994, This page shows how to set up, or turn off the auto-forward, but there's not an option on the site to remove the messages from the server. If you want to remove the messages from the server, it's best to set up a pop account in a 3rd party email client and it will be more reliable also. Depending on the content of the original email sometimes they don't auto-forward if they are "spam like".

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.