emails not going to yahoo or hotmail accounts

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I can report this, but I see a bunch of email from you to both domains over the last week. All were delivered to the recipients server. What they did with the message, I can't see, but the recipient can check with the provider to see what the problem is.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Could you go back a little further, please?  This has been happening over the last several weeks for marcy@tpspetsitters.com.  THANK YOU!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I looked for the last 3 months and it shows the same thing. It appears to be on the recipient side.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Thank you.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

It is still happening.  Email to:  

Marcy Barr [mailto:marcy@tpspetsitters.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 5:08 PM
To: lewarrenphd@yahoo.com

Client says she never received the email.  Can you check to see if it went through?  We've asked her to add us to her safe senders list.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That message was delivered to Yahoo. It is possible that their server is discarding the message. They may need to contact the mail admins
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

We are still having clients say they are not receiving emails from Marcy@tpspetsitters.com.  Now, I just sent her two emails and received a mailer-deamon for both emails.  But I logged into her account and they are both there.  

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* marcy@tpspetsitters.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Nothing sent from your domain is being blocked on our side. It is all being delivered to the recipient server. Can you provide me the address that Marcy is sending to and the date time of a message that was not received?
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Here's one:  But now, she's not receiving random emails, either.  We logged on to the server and she's only getting about half of the emails I send her or that I'm getting (several emails we receive go to both of us and I'm receiving them but she's not getting all of them).  

Date: August 13, 2017 at 5:47:21 PM CDT
To: Marcy Barr <marcy@tpspetsitters.com>
Subject: Did I get a confirmation from you?

Marcy,

I don't see a confirmation in my email or junk folder.

Liz
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That message was delivered to Yahoo. I have found out some more about Yahoo recently. Their mail server has a strict rate limit. If our servers send more than a certain number of messages per hour, then they may delay or block these messages. We have set up a specific system of limiting our hourly outbound mail to yahoo to correspond with their limit requirements. We are not able to change their limits, so unfortunately if this is the issue, we really can't do anything. It looks like everything you have sent out is being delivered.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Thank you!

What about the emails that she is not receiving now? I'm getting a bounce-back almost every time I send her an email, but she is receiving about half of those from me and from others.

I deleted her email account today and then added it back and the problem with the bounce-back emails persisted.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What address are you sending from? I'll take a look.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

I am sending from libby@llhbookkeeping.com.

Also, she is not getting forms from JotForm.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am seeing some messages from libby@llhbookkeeping.com sent to marcy@tpspetsitters.com that were blocked by SPAMHAUS-DBL. This is a 3rd party blacklist. Homestead doesn't subscribe to it, so it may be the libby@llhbookkeeping.com server. The odd thing is that there have been some emails that show clean since the block. Typically these RBLs will drop the block after about 24 hours, so that may be it. libby@llhbookkeeping.com appears to use Godaddy email, they may subscribe. I don't know though.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can't check on jotform submissions. They are sent via jotform servers.
Photo of Elizabeth5343

Elizabeth5343

Okay.  Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.