Email system keeps timing out

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

With the new email system, after I check a few emails it keeps timing out, closing and sending me back to the part where I sign in. Is there a solution to this? Another version of the email system. I've had problems daily since the transfer to this new email.
Photo of Ronda

Ronda

• 770 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of robkeene22817

robkeene22817

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem, sucks to pay for something that doesn't work when we were using something that did.
Photo of Jackie7214

Jackie7214

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
sounds like a lot of us are having this problem ad still no answers . Not good for my biz... been on here all day trying to get it straight, no luck
Photo of Gene4622

Gene4622

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I hate this new system
Photo of Ronda

Ronda

• 770 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I wish we could use the old system. I used to be able to open a new email and take notes (compose) while reading emails in another window. I'm also trying to figure out if there's a way to check next to certain emails to delete them all at the same time, the only bulk delete option is to empty the whole folder which I do not need. What's with all these changes when something works fine the way it is?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We are experiencing this timeout with a small percentage of accounts and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, We have identified something that can help. It isn't a final fix, but maybe it will help out. In the settings, you can have the client refresh more often. This is seen as activity and may help reduce the timeouts.

Drew
Photo of Stan8034

Stan8034

• 414 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem with Open Xchange terminating email sessions and it is destroying our productivity and work flow. Without warning, an error message pops up saying "Session Expired - Login Again" - - and all composing is lost.
Called Homestead "Help Desk" - after being on hold for 25-minutes the tech said the system times out your session every 15-minutes and there is no fix.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry about that. Try the setting above. We are working to resolve the issue.

Drew
Photo of Adria3152

Adria3152

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, my email also times out all the time. I can basically only respond to one email before it times out. I do hope it is fixed soon but am giving it a few days to work the kinks out. The 'old system' actually did NOT work smoothly for me either, so I was hopeful this upgrade would help.
I am a stay-at-home-mom while working on the side. Time is precious!
I will try the suggestion above. Thanks-
Photo of Kathy Wildman

Kathy Wildman

• 3,088 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I have had the upgrade account for some time but the log out problem intensified today. I have lost count on how many times I have had to update today. Very unpleasant and unproductive.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to track it down.

Drew
Photo of Deborah8837

Deborah8837

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Arrgh. I am having the problem intermittently. Had it last week for two days, then good for 5, and now it is doing it again. I've lost the same drafted email 3 times.
Photo of Matt B.

Matt B.

• 1,434 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Deborah8837,

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, I completely understand how frustrating it can be. We are still trying to track down the issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. I would definitely recommend completely clearing your cache and cookies, as that can cause issues as well. Here are my directions for completely wiping out any cache or cookie set that could be causing issues. I can see that you most recently used Google Chrome to access your account so these directions are for that browser.

1) Close out all of your browser tabs and windows (including this chat) except for one.
2) In that one open tab, type about:blank in the address bar. This will take you to a blank white page.
3) While on about:blank, go to Settings-> History-> Make sure Cookies and Cache are checked (The other boxes are up to you), then click "Clear Browsing Data"
4) Once that is done, you need to close out of Chrome
5) Restart your computer. While that is restarting, restart your internet router as well. Each of these holds its own set of cache and any corrupt cache can interfere with our products.

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of robkeene22817

robkeene22817

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is there any word on a resolution for the email timeout. I don't even get half way through reading an email and it times out and I have to login. This is getting very frustrating. The other email worked fine, don't know why you changed. This is for my business and is affecting that. I pay good money for something that doesn't work. Maybe you should think about a refund or discount or something.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don't have an exact ETA, but was informed that there are a few server software updates that are being pushed out this week.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.