Email problem

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have a problem sending emails but it's a bit different. Whenever I send an email it goes to the SENT folder and also to the DRAFT folder so I don't know if the email went out or if it's sitting there waiting for further action.
If I re-send it from the DRAFT folder ti appears twice in the SENT folder and twice in the DRAFT folder, so I still don't know if it went out or if it went out twice.
Any technical support listening??
This email service is about the worst I've ever experienced.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Receive but can't send email topic.
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you please give us a little more information? This sounds like an email client issue. What program (outlook, thunderbird, iphone, android etc.) are you using to send email?

Mike
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Mike.
I don't use any email clients I just use OX, the lousy email service Homestead has. I just sent another test to my secondary email. It didn't get there.
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Another bit of information.
It seems, from email tests I'm doing, that emails with attachments don't go out even 'though they show in the SENT folder. As I mentioned before, those emails also show in the DRAFT folder. that's what got me looking and the fact that I had some irate clients calling to complain about the lack of response from me, while I thought emails were in fact going out.
What a lousy system and even worst, what lousy service from Homestead. It sure has gone down the proverbial sh....!
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

Well, Mike F. Do you have an answer for me? I sent you all the info needed.
FIX THE EMAIL!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You just need to increase the time before the drafts are automatically created. follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

That didn't work and you knew it wouldn't. Email still doesn't go out. Specially if I insert attachments.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

We may need to log into the actual email account and do some testing. We'll need your permission to change your password. If you would like to give us a call and speak with a telephone agent, or reply here and confirm that it's ok for us to change the password, and log into your email account.

Mike
Photo of Alvaro0639

Alvaro0639

I would've liked to reply to your email Mike, but it was a "no-reply" email so I couldn't do that. I would've then liked to talk to a telephone agent but you gave me no number to call.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can call us at 800-710-1998

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.