Email not working

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We cannot access our email. It keeps asking me to input my password but it does not accept it and so when I try and log into Homestead to reset our passwords it does not allow me to do so. It tells me error or no mailbox is set so when I try to add a mailbox it wont let me. We really need our email going.
Photo of Xavier4428

Xavier4428

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sorry for the inconvenience with the email. Our admins are working on the problem and hope to have it fixed soon. We currently do not have an ETA but will post updates to the Announcement page as soon as we have more information.
https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Paul0752

Paul0752

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
When will Zimbra email be working.

Do you have any idea of how long before the Zimbra email iw working? Could it be fixed by tonight? Could it take longer than 24 hours from now? Do you have any estimated time frame on how long it might take your IP personell to fix the problem so that your customers can access their email accounts?
Photo of Angie7144

Angie7144

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When will my email be working again?! I'm trying to run my business!.

My email has been down for most of the day. I am trying to get back to people that I am looking to hire. I cannot wait much longer!
Photo of Joseph3728

Joseph3728

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Why did all of our email accounts disappear?.

Today 14 email accounts are gone.
Photo of MaryEllen9150

MaryEllen9150

• 2,116 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
My email keeps timing out..

All morning, emails have been slow especially uploading attachments of any size. For the last hour they are just timing out, and now getting notes cannot connect to server. Then we go back to being extremely slow again.

It's completely useless when 'cannot connect to server'. Also getting error codes at times.
Photo of Kim5309

Kim5309

I can not log into my website to check the stats. I put my email and password and it keeps saying I need to log in..

I can't log into the website. Please help.
Photo of Will5870

Will5870

The problem was resolved, with my email anyway, from approximately 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Pacific Time. Now the problem is back, same error messages as earlier today and same inability to access email. To say this is frustrating is an understatement. More communication from Homestead would help.
Photo of Will5870

Will5870

Problem now resolved. Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the follow up. There has been some improvement overnight but our email admins continue to work on , and monitor the issue to assure full stability.
Photo of Angie7144

Angie7144

You have got to do something about all of the spam. It was never like this before!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry again Angie, since we have switched to a different provider for the spam filter, you may have to click the "spam" or "junk" option in your email client for a while to retrain the system. This will of course vary for every person depending on your email address and how many spammers have you on their list. As long as you mark them as spam or junk, it will subside.
Photo of Marcie4932

Marcie4932

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having issues as well, since yesterday. This is really bad for my small business...please HELP!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

There has been some improvement overnight but we are still monitoring the systems and will let everyone know when they are stable. We apologize again for the inconvenience.
Photo of Angie7144

Angie7144

Now it seems like I am getting spam!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Angie, Sorry for the spam emails you are receiving. There is an issue (not related to the connectivity issues over the last two days), concerning the spam filter. Our email admins just did a switch to a different spam filter and the result is that you may get a few extra spam emails. It should subside, but if it doesn't please let us know.

Mike
Photo of Hank007

Hank007

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My email has not been working for several days now.
This no way of doing business!
Every time I try to send an email I get this message:

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent using SMTP server smtp.express-carwash.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact your network administrator.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you are using Outlook to check your mail. change the outgoing server to mail.homesteadmail.com. Also, make sure the outgoing server port is 587. Make sure SSL is off on both servers. Also, on the outgoing server tab, make sure the box that says My outgoing server requires authentication is checked.

If this doesn't solve your problem, clcik on the link below and let me know what your IP address is.

http://whatismyip.com

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Hank007

Hank007

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Drew N:
I am using Thunderbird. Changed, as you suggested, to: mail.homesteadmail.com rather than: mail14.homesteadmail.com and changed security connection to: None
Now when I send an email out Thunderbird tells me it went out "succesfully". But, my emails go nowhere.
Will I have to reset my setting when your system comes back?
Photo of Christopher6863

Christopher6863

• 60 Points
We are unable to sign into email accounts, and when we check out account, it states that there are no email accounts set up yet. We need to check emails from clients!
Photo of Kyle3533

Kyle3533

• 62 Points
Is there any updates on the email server... I'm about to move my domain.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This particular thread was started several days ago for a different email issue. For the issue that is occurring today, Follow the Announcements link on the home page for status updates. As of now, there is no ETA. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.