How do I set up a forwarding email address? (using OX Open-Xchange)

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Under the old platform I had my emails auto forwarded to my hotmail account.

How do I change / amend where I auto forward emails to?

Thanks
Photo of Ben R

Ben R

• 714 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can add a forwarding email address through the main website rather than the email client.

1. Click Email in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Manage my email account.

3. Click on the pencil icon next to the email address you would like to edit.

4. When the page loads, you will see a field to add a forwarding email address under the "Advanced" section.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Ben R

Ben R

• 714 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike :)
Photo of Sandra1253

Sandra1253

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wish you had posted this about 30 minutes ago, out of frustration I left homestead and signed up with 1and1.com who had my email up and running and forwarded in about 5 minutes tops.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Sandra, we are sorry you did not see this post previously but it was posted about two weeks ago. I'm not sure if you have any other accounts or services with us, but the Community can be one of the best places to find help as there is almost no answer that has not already been answered. Let us know if you need anything else.

Mike
Photo of Holloway9075

Holloway9075

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, I have the same question as Dave below. Using your above method, a copy of the messages are left on the Homestead server. Previously, I was able to forward all messages and not leave a copy on Homestead.
Photo of Linda7682

Linda7682

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
To Mike and all mail users that got updated to the new platform:

I had the auto forward set up under the old homesteadmail.com (zimbra) system and had no problems before and like other users, have experienced the forwards no longer working recently. One thing that Mike did not mention in his instructions above is that even if you go in and click the pencil to edit and see the email address you had previously set up for the forwarding, you still have to clear it out and put in the forwarding email address again and hit 'save'. For whatever reason, even though the forwarding email address shows, until you actually resave it on the new platform, you won't get anything forwarded. I just did this and sent a test email to my @homestead email and it, for the first time in almost two months, actually showed up in my aol email. I hope this helps other users!!
Photo of Martina8352

Martina8352

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you, I had the same problem, now solved!!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You should not have to resave the forwarding email address, so if it's not working then there may be another issue so if you are having problems let us know which email address it is and what you are experiencing.

Mike
Photo of Askat0721

Askat0721

• 62 Points
Awesome!  So easy...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Glad to hear.  Thanks! 
Photo of Ashleigh8527

Ashleigh8527

• 62 Points
Thank you SO much. The instructions provided by Homestead on the help section referred to options that simply do not appear in the client email. Your instructions and screen shots were clear, concise, and accurate. Many thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome.
Photo of Bill2144

Bill2144

• 60 Points
have the forwarding address going to my proper aol account, but emails are not forwarding and when I forward an individual email, it doesn't forward either.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Bill2144,  Are all forwarded and auto-forwarded emails failing? Or, do some of them go through.  

How about if you just send a new email to that aol address? Does it then go through? 
Photo of Pappy3693

Pappy3693

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Not working for me!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Forwarding can take a bit before it starts working, but keep in mind that many mail servers are trying to eliminate forwarding, so this process does greatly increase the chances your message will be marked as spam.
Photo of Three in One6151

Three in One6151

• 60 Points
I'm having the same issues.  Forwarding mail automatically has been in place for years, but several months ago it just quit.   My preferences are set for forwarding, yet it has ceased to forward.

No, it does not forward as spam, it just does not forward.   If this is not resolved, I'm out of here; I have to have a mail system which forwards. Plain and simple.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is it all email? We can log in to your email and check a message to see if we can see what is happening. I will advise that forwarding is likely to be a function that will not exist in the future. This is a practice that is being phased out. There are options that may work for you, so we can make suggestions based on what you do.

Photo of Dave8891

Dave8891

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Forwarded emails.

I only want this email system to forward the incoming emails to my gmail account as I have always done. As soon as they are forwarded I want them to be deleted on this system as I never access emails on the Homestead site and I don't want the Homestead email in box overflowing and causing a disruption to the forwarding process. How do I configure this?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can forward the emails as shown here, but, what would be more reliable would be to just create a POP account in Google so that the emails go straight there.
Photo of Dave8891

Dave8891

Where could I read how to do that?
Photo of Dave8891

Dave8891

And my main question is how to have the emails deleted from my Homestead inbox when they have been handled by my Gmail account
Photo of Cynthia4441

Cynthia4441

• 70 Points
I'd also like to know how to set up a pop account so that email is automatically downloaded to my mail server-MS Outlook. Please advise
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Cynbthia4441, What version of Outlook are you using? We have instructions for most of them. If you use the search tool at the top of the page and just enter in which version you are using and the words "pop configuration" should appear in the search results. If not, just let us know which version you are using.

Mike
Photo of Sandra1253

Sandra1253

How to forward email after upgrading..

After upgrading, how do I forward email? There is no edit pencil, there is no option to continue to have my email forwarded, Please tell me how to forward all my email.
Photo of Nancy5321

Nancy5321

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Cannot forward my emails please help the posted instructions on here do not work.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,696 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have not been migrated. Please wait until migration.

Please limit a single issue to one topic. It is more efficient for us to help you and for everyone else looking for answers.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of William2389

William2389

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
how to auto forward.

How do I set up an automatic forward in my settings on this new platform?

Thanks!

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Do you still have questions on the Email Platform Upgrade? topic.
Photo of Sandra1253

Sandra1253

Homestead, are you going to enable email forwarding?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you follow the steps above on this thread, it shows you where you can enter an address if you wish to forward your emails. Let me know if you are trying to do something different.

Mike
Photo of Robert2934

Robert2934

Mike - Can you add more than one forwarding address? We had three before the migration and now none of the three are getting any of the Site emails.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You can add 3. When you type them in, just separate them with a comma.
Photo of Bob2536

Bob2536

• 508 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The easiest is to just forward one of the addresses to the other as shown above.
Photo of Patricia A.9810

Patricia A.9810

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Auto forwarding issue.

Hoping someone else has this issue and has figured out how to make it work. With the recent upgrade this has become a problem, worked fine before.

There are times I am out of the office and I wish to tell people rather than have them wonder why I haven't responded quickly to their email.

I have it set up so that an email from my website is sent to my gmail account. With the new system Homestead sends me a pretty 'you've got an email' email with the message inside it to gmail. So far so good, except when I have my gmail 'out of office' auto reply on.

The issue is that the 'sender' of the email is a Homestead server, not the actual sender. So when my gmail auto reply kicks in with my out of office message, it sends it to the Homestead server vs the real sender. This promptly fails, and I get a nice note from gmail telling me so. But the real sender never sees the auto reply out of office message.

Is there a way to get gmail to recognize the real sender (which is referenced in the Homestead email) to send the auto reply out of office message to the right place? Or, could i turn on a similar auto reply in Homestead so it would handle the out of office communication?

ANY help appreciated.

Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You'll need to turn off the auto-forward, and then use the auto-reply feature as shown above.
Photo of Holloway9075

Holloway9075

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
forward email.

How do we do this with the new software?

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Automatic forwarding of incoming email. How do I set my homestead incoming email ... topic.
Photo of Rick6206

Rick6206

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I forward emails to another address now that I am updated to the new email system.
Photo of Rick6206

Rick6206

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does this save a copy in Homestead email?

Is there an option to save it or forward and delete from Homestead?

Thanks,
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry, we don't have that option at this time.

Drew
Photo of Robin1330

Robin1330

• 70 Points
The email 'forward' button is not showing up on the advanced page. Help please !
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Robin1330. It won't show up there until your account has been converted to the new system. If you need to go ahead and set up a forwarding address, you'll do that from within the Zimbra web client when you log into the email account.
Photo of Robin1330

Robin1330

• 70 Points
What is Zimbra ? Where do I find this on Homestead ?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Zimbra is the old email system. Just log into your email with this link https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/
Photo of Becky6018

Becky6018

How do I forward my messages to a different email address?.
Photo of Ronald7859

Ronald7859

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how to auto forward.

How do I set this new system to automatically forward to my other email account? Right now, it's not working. This is crucial to our small business.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Email auto-forwarding not working? topic.
Photo of Maria8505

Maria8505

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How to Forward emails to another account and have them delete from Homestead.

My emails are forwarding to my @me account but I want them to forward and delete from Homestead since I rarely come on here and it will clog it up. Please advise how I can do that like before?
Photo of Becky6018

Becky6018

My question, "how to forward emails to another account" has never been answered.
Please advise. Thank you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It is answered at the top of this thread. You can see how by following the images. We do encourage you to set up a client program to check your email directly though. Forwarding is viewed by many mail administrators and ISPs to be a poor practice. It greatly increases your chances of having a message marked as spam.

Virtually all programs and webmail clients are able to be configured in this manner.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Amy3727

Amy3727

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My email is not being forwarded with the new platform..

My email is not beging forwarded to my gmail account. I always had a notice sent to me telling me that I had an email on the zimbra account. I can't find anything in settings to do this.
Photo of Jeffrey0893

Jeffrey0893

• 456 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My email is not being forwarded either and there are no instructions on how to change it. This is just ridiculous.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This page actually shows how to auto-forward. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Linda7682

Linda7682

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
To Mike and all mail users that got updated to the new platform:

First, I would suggest you read what's posted here before simply asking the question that has been asked by others.

With that said, here is a copy of what I posted last week to help others that are having the same problem I had. You need to log into your Homestead (intuit) account, not your email account, to make the changes Mike states in his solution above. Then also, read my info below.

I had the auto forward set up under the old homesteadmail.com (zimbra) system and had no problems before and like other users, have experienced the forwards no longer working recently. One thing that Mike did not mention in his instructions above is that even if you go in and click the pencil to edit and see the email address you had previously set up for the forwarding, you still have to clear it out and put in the forwarding email address again and hit 'save'. For whatever reason, even though the forwarding email address shows, until you actually resave it on the new platform, you won't get anything forwarded. I just did this and sent a test email to my @homestead email and it, for the first time in almost two months, actually showed up in my aol email. I hope this helps other users!!
Photo of Fred7836

Fred7836

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Forwarding an e-mail to another e-mail address.

In the new open-xchange email server, how do I automatically forward all incoming e-mails to a secondary address (or get an alert that something has been received)?

The instructions at 8.2.5.4. E-Mail filter say I can do it...but I can't find any "filter" icon in the program.
Photo of Gary1241

Gary1241

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Issues in Outlook 2010 - Message that Mail Delivery Failed.

My customers, etc. are getting a message that "mail delivery failed, gvosberg@vtechcorvette.com does not have an account. I have checked the settings. Tried to enter a new account, etc. I am getting my emails, and the customer is getting a response. but they get the message first.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Gary1241, You just need to remove the forwarding email address as shown above. The account is currently set up to forward email to itself, so by design the auto-forward fails to prevent a continuous loop.

Mike
Photo of ATIUQ89

ATIUQ89

• 358 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How Do I Forward my Emails From this New Platform?.

I had all my emails with homestead forwarded to my msn account for years, now you guys changed the email platform when I was just getting use to the last one. How do I forward my emails in this new email plat form, it's to much, really not needed. Homestead, are you guys goning out of business soon, it seems that things are not getting better but worst, I love homestead, but lately you guys have been taking away the good things and bringing more complicated things. Please help with the email forwarding. Thanks!
Photo of Pat4495

Pat4495

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
how can I undo forwarding homestead emails to another email account?.

I used to forward my homestead emails to my gmail account as it was difficult working with outlook. how can I discontinue forwarding homestead now?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,696 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Remove the address in the Forward to box.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.
Photo of maurielouis

maurielouis

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Email filtering - auto forwarding.

I can't see in the new email how I can have all of the email to info@liv-kitsap.org forwarded to my personal email. If this is truly not available, does the Open-Xchange (I think that's what you're using) plan on making email filtering available any time soon. Thx
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Filtering, and forwarding are a little different, but, if you want all emails to be forwarded, then you can use the steps above.

Mike
Photo of Ronald8359

Ronald8359

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have tried all the above instructions but still cannot get my mail forwarded to my gmail account.
Why have Homestead diverted us to 'Open-X-change' where there isn't a simple forward mail option on that software. It seems ridiculous.
Ron
Oz
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Ronald8359,

Please double check that you have the correct spelling of your forwarding email address entered. I tried to ping and email that address from threee different accounts and they all failed. I'm getting a bounce stating that it is not a valid address. Double check the address you have entered in step #4 above.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.