email addresses ending with .net that I use in mailing lists do not work.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have an email list containing approx 50 addresses. Emails all work except for the one email address that ends with .net. The email address in question is p.lafrance@bell.net. Why?
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

• 1,596 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you send an email to just that one address does it generate a bounce/delivery failure message? If so it will probably tell you what is wrong.

Mike
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

If I send an email directly to that person, it works. But it does not work via the email list. It is the only email address that does not work and it is the only email address ending with .net.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

When you try to email the list, do you get a bounce message? If so paste it here.
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

no I got nothing. The email just don't get delivered
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

i did received invalid email address on some othe invalid adressesbut never for this one.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you can send to the address without the mailing list then we are not blocking your outgoing message. It is possible that the recipient mail server is stopping it when on a mailing list. Do you send it using BCC when using a list? Some mail servers do not like the BCC function, and might block it.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Please try to send to that 1 address via the bcc field and see if it bounces back. It appears to me as though the owner of the .net address needs to check with their mail provider to see if the message is arriving at their server.

Drew
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

Ok I will give it a try.
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

I tried and it worked via a direct BCC. Still don't work via your mailing list and no error message returned.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you give me a date and time and the subject that you sent a message to the list? I will search the logs and see what I can find out. The logs can take many hours with the volume to search, so I am not sure when I will get back to you.

I will point out that our new spam filter should have blocked the message even to one person, if we were blocking that address for some reason. Or it would block everyone on the list.

I suspect that your list is being blocked by the recipient's server not ours.

Drew
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

I just sent another one a minute ago: sam. 14/déc./2013 17:01

to infolettre@curlingvalleedelagatineau.ca. I did not insert the email address in the cci: but in the to: field.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The email address on that domain is info@curlingvalleedelagatineau.ca. Also, email will not function while the domain is in redemption.

Drew
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

I just realized that. My email did not go thru. I will test once I got it back. Also, I use infolettre@ name to reach all members. The info@ name is the email address of the domain that I do not make use of.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

As Drew mentioned, the domain is in Redemption status. The first thing you'll need to do is contact the domain registrar and see if you can get it renewed. Any emails associated with the domain, while it's in redemption status will not work.
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

I will wait until my domain gets restored before pursuing this issue. It should be soon since the domain has been in redemption for more than a month now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The whois record shows a release date of Jan. 15th. We don't have any control over that but I would guess it's pretty accurate so I would watch it close over the next few days.
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

Please close this ticket. The domain name has been purchased by a zozo and I have lost it.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Thanks for the follow up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.