Email showing 90% full - but it isn't?? Can't receive emails

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Customer deleted email-Resolved.

Why does my mailbox say it's 71% full but it's not? I can't empty it anymore and cannot receive any further emails. I deleted more emails and still received an email saying it's 90% full?? I have deleted the spam and trash folders and there are only 200 or so emails in the folder. I have had 2000+ emails in the past. TIA
Photo of Darren4259

Darren4259

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I would be happy to look into that. I see you have a few emails. Which one are you specifically having this trouble with?
Photo of Darren4259

Darren4259

my own domain email Elyzabeth, info@darrenpocock.com  Thanks for your help
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

OK thank you. Are you checking/deleting your email through Roundcube or through an email client like Outlook? I do see that in Roundcube, there are 336 emails just in the Inbox.
Photo of Darren4259

Darren4259

I've done both Elyzabeth. I wouldn't have thought 336 is too many emails at all, I've had far more than that before. It shows 71% full in roundcube but I received the email from the postmaster saying it was 90%?? Either way, I can't receive any emails atm
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

It isn't necessarily the number of emails in your inbox, but the largest email in your Inbox is 25MB. You only have 500MB available by default, so large emails like that will add up. You can either delete more emails or choose a storage upgrade option.
We offer 3 options:

2GB for $1/month
5GB for $2/month
10GB for $3/month.
(Edited)
Photo of Pamela6010

Pamela6010

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine is reading 100% full and it never reads 100% full at this level. I have deleted and deleted e mails and it STILL says 100% full and I cannot receive any e mails. Has the size of my box suddenly been cutback?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Pamela,

Your mailbox has always had 500MB available. You are currently using more than that. You can either go into Roundcube and delete any emails you don't need or you can choose to increase the size of your mailbox.
We offer 3 options:

2GB for $1/month
5GB for $2/month
10GB for $3/month.
(Edited)
Photo of Pamela6010

Pamela6010

I went in last night and deleted e mails and it has not budged. I have never had this issue before.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You would need to remove a lot of emails. You are currently almost double your quota. This is most likely from having a POP and IMAP email client connection, but you would need to delete about half of the content and it would need to be deleted directly from Roundcube.
(Edited)
Photo of Pamela6010

Pamela6010

I just went in and upgraded to 2GB of storage on my e mail account. When should that kick in? I am missing two days worth of e mails and I really need to be able to receive e mails, especially from my publisher!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I see you had added that to the billing, but had not updated it on the mailbox. I have done this for you and it can take up to an hour to apply.
Photo of Pamela6010

Pamela6010

Thank you, Elyzabeth!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.