Email login 4/12/2019

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

We are aware of the privacy error received when connecting to https://emailmg.homestead.com/roundcube/ or via a mail client program. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  We will post updates as soon as they are received.

6:50 MST: The email system is still operating, but there is a problem with the renewed certificate. It is being investigated. Email is still accessible, though not secure at this time.

7:45am MST: Issue resolved for Webmail. We are continuing to work on the SMTP and IMAP/POP servers

9:03am MST: This issue has been resolved, Webmail, SMTP, and IMAP/POP servers are online. If you continue to have trouble with devices connected thru IMAP/POP/SMTP, close your application and open it back up
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Dion 8277

Dion 8277

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 10:20 EST and I can not access my e mail.... HELP!.

The message saysYour connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)

:
Photo of Marguerite2347

Marguerite2347

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email not working.

My e-mail is not working and the error on my phone is "Cannot verify server identity"
Photo of Mark1061

Mark1061

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You people are pathetic.  How you sleep at night after taking peoples' money is beyond me.
Photo of texaspistols2649

texaspistols2649

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled We cannot access any of our emails at this time- even through the Homestead websi....
Photo of Peggy

Peggy

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email has been compromised! HELP!.
Photo of Daren

Daren

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Constant, constant, every 10 seconds " Cannot Verify Server Identity" on my iph....
is this fixed yet?  My computer is logging in fine now but my iPhone is displaying the  connection issue about every 30 seconds.   very annoying. 

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Connection is not private..

I have been online checking/responding to email all day;  signed off at 6 p.m.  Just logged back in and received a message that the connection is not private.  I need a private connection and the ability to be able to log on at 6 a.m. in the morning when our business opens... please help.

Photo of Dan8997

Dan8997

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can not access my email on roundcube.

I am being told that the email site is not secure.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,634 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
At this point, this issue has been resolved. Again, we do sincerely apologize for the trouble this caused and we appreciate your patience as we resolved this issue.

If you are still receiving any error notifications:
  • On Email Clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, phone apps, etc), please close the app and re-open.

Aside from the security issue, the email was functional at all times, so no emails would have been bounced due to this issue. You do not have to worry about missing emails. They should all be in your inbox/appropriate folders.
(Edited)
Photo of Rory6602

Rory6602

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Elizabeth, Would you email me your 24/7 engineering team phone number.  I looked everywhere on the internet and could not find it.
Photo of Deanna9161

Deanna9161

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I beg your pardon but the issue on my iPhone is not at ALL resolved. To say that and close the ticket is not accurate or customer-friendly. If you are expecting us to do self-help (not why I use Homestead) then please post instructions as some of us may have missed that info. /s/ fed-up
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The SSL certificate issue has been resolved. If your iPhone is still experiencing this issue, this is a caching issue. We did post an article with instructions to resolve this:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/iphone-email-creation-ssl-fix
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

For written instructions:

To fix this, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to Settings
2. In settings, find 'Passwords & Accounts'
3. Find the email not working and click on the account
4. Click account again
5. Click advanced and make sure 'Use SSL' is turned on after checking server settings for accuracy. Completely close mail app and reload. If this doesn't fix it, repeat steps 1-5 and move on to Step 6.
6. Find the SMTP outgoing mail server and tap into it
7. Delete any older outgoing servers by clicking in any that are active and deleting them. (Delete Server would be in red if tied to the corresponding email account you're in)
8. Add a new outgoing server and you will receive check marks

Otherwise, you need to DELETE and RE-ENTER the settings in your mail app (don't just look at them to see whether they are correct or not)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Rory6602 I'm sorry, but the engineering team is not a customer facing team. They are not support that you would ever be in direct contact with.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.